***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 788, 789, 790 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

30 wrote:
exempt wrote:
Mudiay vs Russell

One of the rare times I've seen Mudiay flash elite speed and athleticism.

Mudiay lacks a shooting touch, unfortunately.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I was down with the 4th pick for Cousins thing, but if we can get Okafor man, idk?

i will stick with Okafor and his potential. save 11mil in process and get my Demmare Carroll with it
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GoldenThroat wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
How about a taller, weaker, GSW Tim Hardaway for a Russell comparison?

If we get Russell then I wonder how he and Clarkson will work together. If Clarkson is more like Roy then maybe he plays the 2, even though Russell is slightly taller.

The thing about Russell that eliminates a ton of comparisons for him is his b-ball IQ. He is brilliant. Like Magic, Bird, Kidd, LeBron kind of brilliant.

This is the feeling I get as well. The guy is smart as hell. And not Harvard Smart like Lin, but basketball Smart. And I am sorry to say it, but sometimes Okafor looks confused and lost, as Javale McGee often does.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

botox wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
If they do trade Cousins hopefully it's too an east team. The league needs more balance.

for all even know Silver might trade him to Cavs.

I am just very curious to know how the Miami fans are doing, are they still throngs of heat jerseys being adorned all over the world, like there were a couple of years ago.

Is spoelstra still all that as a coach?

i still think the heat would have given Warriors fits but this cavs team? no chance

Spoelstra's a good coach. With a healthy team and pick at No. 10, should be much better next year.

I like the Cavs to win that series. Hope they don't, but Cavs are rolling right now. LeBron is unstoppable and won't lose this year. Will be a fun matchup. Hopefully, Warriors finish off Rockets in Game 5.

Lebron alone is not going to beat the Warriors. Warriors are not 1 man show.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker7 wrote:
I laugh at all of these posters with "I want Russell because he could be the next Steph Curry".

I have looked at every mock draft / big board I can find and NONE of them are projecting Russell to be Curry. The vast majority of them are projecting him to be Brandon Roy.

For those who have not seen Brandon Roy or do not remember him let me refresh your memory.

Smooth shooter, excellent passer, great floor leader, efficient scorer, AVERAGE ATHLETICSM and SUB PAR DEFENDER.

If I have my choice between a Al Jefferson clone and a Brandon Roy clone, I will take Jefferson because there are so few good bigs in the league. Plenty of good wings but not a lot of good bigs.

Brandon Roy was a Top 7-8 player in his prime. And Roy didn't have Russell's court vision.

Russell does have better court vision than Roy, but lets not get carried away. Roy was not Top 7 - 8 during his prime... could make a case for top 20, maybe top 15... maybe.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker7 wrote:
I laugh at all of these posters with "I want Russell because he could be the next Steph Curry".

I have looked at every mock draft / big board I can find and NONE of them are projecting Russell to be Curry. The vast majority of them are projecting him to be Brandon Roy.

For those who have not seen Brandon Roy or do not remember him let me refresh your memory.

Smooth shooter, excellent passer, great floor leader, efficient scorer, AVERAGE ATHLETICSM and SUB PAR DEFENDER.

If I have my choice between a Al Jefferson clone and a Brandon Roy clone, I will take Jefferson because there are so few good bigs in the league. Plenty of good wings but not a lot of good bigs.

Brandon Roy was a Top 7-8 player in his prime. And Roy didn't have Russell's court vision.

Russell does have better court vision than Roy, but lets not get carried away. Roy was not Top 7 - 8 during his prime... could make a case for top 20, maybe top 15... maybe.

his prime didnt last much but he absolutely was top 7-8 in his prime.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
I was down with the 4th pick for Cousins thing, but if we can get Okafor man, idk?

i will stick with Okafor and his potential. save 11mil in process and get my Demmare Carroll with it

Id pass on Demmare Carroll.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

What about trading down to pick Cauley-Stein and another asset?
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I am not sold on Towns at all, I think he is a good defensive big, but he isn't not going to be a super star like Okafor or Russell. If Minny take Okafor I take Russell otherwise I go for Okafor.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
botox wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
If they do trade Cousins hopefully it's too an east team. The league needs more balance.

for all even know Silver might trade him to Cavs.

I am just very curious to know how the Miami fans are doing, are they still throngs of heat jerseys being adorned all over the world, like there were a couple of years ago.

Is spoelstra still all that as a coach?

i still think the heat would have given Warriors fits but this cavs team? no chance

Spoelstra's a good coach. With a healthy team and pick at No. 10, should be much better next year.

I like the Cavs to win that series. Hope they don't, but Cavs are rolling right now. LeBron is unstoppable and won't lose this year. Will be a fun matchup. Hopefully, Warriors finish off Rockets in Game 5.

Lebron alone is not going to beat the Warriors. Warriors are not 1 man show.

Cavs are a very good team as well. It is a tough series to call for me, I could see either team winning in six, especially since Kyrie finally looks healthy.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

NBA Playoffs Discussion is back that way, guys. Should've turned left at Albuquerque.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Das wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

his prime didnt last much but he absolutely was top 7-8 in his prime.

in your opinion, when was his prime and I can name you 10 + players who was better than him.... Ill start without even looking... Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Nash, KG, Lebron, Wade, Paul, Howard (yes Howard), thats not even including Melo, Dwill, Parker, Stoudemire who was a beast back then, Gasol, Iverson was still playing at a high level during that time.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090305
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

pjiddy wrote:
NBA Playoffs Discussion is back that way, guys. Should've turned left at Albuquerque.

For sure
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

nevitt_smrek wrote:

#2 for payton + #5 is the only thing i can come up with.
denver has nothing. dont want lawson
kings will pick him so they wont trade.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

It just happens to be the case this year that there are two bigs at the top of the draft that make the 2nd pick more valuable than Cousins, considerimg the cap space implications. You could make the case if LA could do the deal and retain max space (Young, Kelly), But LA has lots of good options with the pick and cap room.

Man the rebuild is looking good.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Das wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090305

Come on now, youre better than that. Youre gonna use Hollingers metrics to rank players...

Would you have traded Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Nash, Paul, Wade, Melo, Gasol, KG, Dirk for Roy? I know he was good, humble and a likable guy, also I think Kobe said something about Roy that made Laker fans like him even more. But he was not Top 10.... you made your point as far as Top 15 tho.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
We're going to take D'Angelo Russell at #2. Why? Cuz HE DIN'T EVEN STRETCH DOE!!

That was D'Angelo Russell??? I don't even want to draft him now. I"ve always hated that kid.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
We're going to take D'Angelo Russell at #2. Why? Cuz HE DIN'T EVEN STRETCH DOE!!

That was D'Angelo Russell??? I don't even want to draft him now. I"ve always hated that kid.

I know what you mean. I hated that kid too.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Das wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

Come on now, youre better than that. Youre gonna use Hollingers metrics to rank players...

Would you have traded Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Nash, Paul, Wade, Melo, Gasol, KG, Dirk for Roy? I know he was good, humble and a likable guy, also I think Kobe said something about Roy that made Laker fans like him even more. But he was not Top 10.... you made your point as far as Top 15 tho.

I don't believe Hollinger ever picked a winner, the dude is cursed. He used to pick Lebron every year, Lebron never won until Hollinger stopped picking him lmao! Hollingers assessments are strongly statistically based, the guy does not believe in intangibles.

LMFAO at Hollinger, picking Lebrons Cavs every year, over Kobe's Lakers.

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Tue May 26, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

29 days before the NBA DRAFT!!!
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

bring back darvin ham for Towns
thesource
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

No, he was most definitely one of the top 6-8 players in the league. He was only there for a little bit, but he definitely got there. The guy was ridiculously good and he was getting better. A shame what happened to him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:

Just using Hollinger's article to illustrate an opinion of him at the time. In 2009, he was a better player than Nash, Melo, Gasol, KG (who had gotten hurt), and Dirk.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 788, 789, 790 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 789 of 1691
Jump to: