***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
A 51-55 pick is unlikely to amount to anything besides another Sacre, but if we can get 3 picks in the top 35 (one top 5, one top 20, etc) then we'll look a lot better next year. Especially if we unload our terrible players, keep the serviceable ones, and sign an FA or two.

It will amount to another Sacre if we're lucky. A barely serviceable backup big is considered a hit that late in the draft
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerLover24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I would like to buy a later 2nd round pick and go for Rakeem Christmas, I think he would be a decent trade chip in a couple of years.

NBADraft.net currently has the Lakers selecting Rakeem Christmas with the 34th pick.

Draft Express doesn't have him being drafted at all.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
A 51-55 pick is unlikely to amount to anything besides another Sacre, but if we can get 3 picks in the top 35 (one top 5, one top 20, etc) then we'll look a lot better next year. Especially if we unload our terrible players, keep the serviceable ones, and sign an FA or two.

It will amount to another Sacre if we're lucky. A barely serviceable backup big is considered a hit that late in the draft

could always stash a european 'potential' at 51-55
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Dwight with knee problems, what happened to the pick if Rockets get worse?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Dwight with knee problems, what happened to the pick if Rockets get worse?

It's only protected 1-14, hope Rockets finish around 7th or 8th seed
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject:

The 76ers have 2 first round picks & 5 second round picks!

(they will prolly strike-out on all seven picks)
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

If 76ers get the #1 pick and selects Okafor, and we get one of the 2-5. Would you offer it to Philly for Embid? They can select a wing or a Guard.

I'd take Embid over anyone we would get after Okafor. IMO outside of Okafor, they're all 2-3 year projects, but Embid is already an anthony davis on the defensive side. Just got to work on being a factor on offense.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

No, bad backs aren't something to take lightly. I would prefer a player without pre-existing injury concerns.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No, bad backs aren't something to take lightly. I would prefer a player without pre-existing injury concerns.

Hmm.. Bynum, Kelley, Randle...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Randle didn't have an existing injury, so you can't include him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
If 76ers get the #1 pick and selects Okafor, and we get one of the 2-5. Would you offer it to Philly for Embid? They can select a wing or a Guard.

I'd take Embid over anyone we would get after Okafor. IMO outside of Okafor, they're all 2-3 year projects, but Embid is already an anthony davis on the defensive side. Just got to work on being a factor on offense.

you mean in college he was?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

He wasn't even in college. He was good on defense with great footwork, but not in Davis' class.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He wasn't even in college. He was good on defense with great footwork, but not in Davis' class.

true that!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

true that!

I still had him at #1 before his injury. But I have seen too many people derailed with bad backs.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Emmanuel Mudiay is the prize of next years draft if you ask me.... Eventual All-Star PG is written all over him....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

With a possibility of 4 picks in the upcoming draft we should be able to find two future studs!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Emmanuel Mudiay is the prize of next years draft if you ask me.... Eventual All-Star PG is written all over him....

I think it's hard to forecast these things, especially when he was limited to 10 games in a pretty weak league to boot. The last guy I can recall that I thought would be a surefire all-star for years was Anthony Davis.
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:

I don't see them trading Embiid for a later pick. They could package him and get more out of it then a guard like Russell or Mudiay. You'd have to assume that they'd value Embiid the same as they would Mudiay or Russell, or even more considering they had a year of watching Embiid develop. It's more likely they deal Embiid or the pick for something more proven than two guards with question marks or another project big.
Vencal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Question?

In reading all the draft possibilities here, and I got a headache trying to figure something out. Let's go with the outcome that the Lakers keep their 1st round 2015 pick. That means their 2016 1st rounder then goes to Phoenix (if not top 3). And then their 2017 1st rounder must go to Orlando (thanks Dwight) if not top 5.

The above means that the Lakers will most likely be trading their 2016 first round pick and then their 2017 first round pick....and isn't that a violation of the old Stepian Rule prohibiting the trade of a team's first round picks in consecutive years. As it stands, the Lakers would have no 1st Round picks on 2016 and 2017.

Anybody know why this would be allowed?
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Vencal wrote:
Question?

In reading all the draft possibilities here, and I got a headache trying to figure something out. Let's go with the outcome that the Lakers keep their 1st round 2015 pick. That means their 2016 1st rounder then goes to Phoenix (if not top 3). And then their 2017 1st rounder must go to Orlando (thanks Dwight) if not top 5.

The above means that the Lakers will most likely be trading their 2016 first round pick and then their 2017 first round pick....and isn't that a violation of the old Stepian Rule prohibiting the trade of a team's first round picks in consecutive years. As it stands, the Lakers would have no 1st Round picks on 2016 and 2017.

Anybody know why this would be allowed?

Lakers have to wait 2 years after giving Phoenix the pick, so if we keep it this year then Orlando will get our first in 2018 (unless it falls within the protected area).

If we keep our pick both this near and the next 2 years, then we instead have to give orlando 2 2nd rounders.
Vencal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Thank You misterrunon for above clarification. I didn't know the pick to Orlando would slide depending on the pick going to Phoenix.

Personally, I think these Protected picks have become crazy. I think we are close to the point where the NBA needs to do something about it. I mean this Clipper second round 51-55 protection is an insane idea....who even would do that? And it is clearly encouraging teams like the Lakers to lose to keep picks, etc.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

By being high turnover prone and not very impressive in the CBA which is the weakest of the international leagues where no defense is played?

I... don't think so. I'd pick D'angelo Russell over him any day.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject:

Vencal wrote:
Thank You misterrunon for above clarification. I didn't know the pick to Orlando would slide depending on the pick going to Phoenix.

Personally, I think these Protected picks have become crazy. I think we are close to the point where the NBA needs to do something about it. I mean this Clipper second round 51-55 protection is an insane idea....who even would do that? And it is clearly encouraging teams like the Lakers to lose to keep picks, etc.

If two teams agreed upon the deals, then why would the league intervene? If that happened, people would be rightfully up in arms. There is no way that the league should be able to jump in and make decision on what teams can or can't trade (except for salary restrictions).
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject:

Vencal wrote:

Those picks exist basically because you need to trade something, someone can't give you a player for nothing (that might be a salary dump), so they give you a pick worth almost nothing. I have a player, he's not a bad contract, or a good contract, i don't want to pay him, you don't have the cap space to claim him off waivers but you're ok paying him his contract, and hence
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject:

We just need to make sure that some how, some way, we can have a lottery pick in 2 years. The kid we need to be looking at as face of the franchise in the future is Thon Maker. This kid is the future of basketball!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 2 of 1691
Jump to: