***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Towns is still no where near Okafor skill level on the offensive end IMO. The choice comes down to do you think Okafor can have a positive impact on the defensive end. Would be interested in his measurements after having some time to work on his body before the pre draft workouts
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Towns is still no where near Okafor skill level on the offensive end IMO. The choice comes down to do you think Okafor can have a positive impact on the defensive end. Would be interested in his measurements after having some time to work on his body before the pre draft workouts

That part doesn't matter until we find out what spot we are in the draft lottery.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:
towns just dominated every single chance he had it. fundamentally so sound, deep position hook shot. WCS certainly impresses with his lateral quickness but my god he was a ghost on offense. notre dame flat out didnt guard him at times.

BCUZ HES OUT AT THE 3point line and beyond.

Seriously. The man is not Dirk. It's not like he was getting ignored right at the rim, look at where he was getting the ball. Besides, we know he's DeAndre on offense at this point. We'll have to see if he can be more than that, but certainly it's his defense that will make his name.

he looks far too limited to get the hype he gets here. the defense stuff is real, but on offense aint nothing more than a cherry picker and pick and roll guy.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

That part doesn't matter until we find out what spot we are in the draft lottery.

I agree about the skill level. It really comes down to versatility vs. skillset. I think Okafor is the more efficient player at the next level, but Towns has more tools?

I am not expecting the Lakers to get a top 2 pick. So I look more into Russell/Winslow, at this point, if we don't get one of these top 4 I will be disappointed.

Its Okafor/Towns/Russell/Winslow for me, with the wild cards of Mudiay and WCS at 5.

Also, I would not be surprised to see Russell drop to 5 after workouts. 5 is a little extreme, but I could definitely see him there at 4.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:
towns just dominated every single chance he had it. fundamentally so sound, deep position hook shot. WCS certainly impresses with his lateral quickness but my god he was a ghost on offense. notre dame flat out didnt guard him at times.

Seriously. The man is not Dirk. It's not like he was getting ignored right at the rim, look at where he was getting the ball. Besides, we know he's DeAndre on offense at this point. We'll have to see if he can be more than that, but certainly it's his defense that will make his name.

he looks far too limited to get the hype he gets here. the defense stuff is real, but on offense aint nothing more than a cherry picker and pick and roll guy.

WCS JUMPERS this year

personal favorite
personal fav

different Auburn game

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:

Yes, he is playing the way his coach asks.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:

WCS JUMPERS

personal favorite
personal fav

different Auburn game

great doesnt change the fct hes a role player in college and will be one in NBA
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Can we just do the lottery already !!!! I wanna know where we pick!! Isn't the lottery like 3rd round of the playoffs?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Who does Justise Winslow remind you of?

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

great doesnt change the fct hes a role player in college and will be one in NBA

Pretty much every player in the draft will be role players.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:

WCS JUMPERS this year

personal favorite
personal fav

different Auburn game

so he's gonna be jordan hill on offense. its not impressive that he's done it before. it will only be impressive if its refined enough that he's automatic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject:

It was fun hanging out on the boards with you fellas tonight

But now I need to go be productive and take care of some chores lol. See yall later
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I start to drool when I think about willie Cauley stien roaming in defense wearing purple and gold. Did you see him defending the pereeter today?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I start to drool when I think about willie Cauley stien roaming in defense wearing purple and gold. Did you see him defending the pereeter today?

Honestly the only players I would take over him are Okafor/Towns/Russell/Winslow with Mudiay as a wild card.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:

WCS JUMPERS this year

personal favorite
personal fav

different Auburn game

so he's gonna be jordan hill on offense. its not impressive that he's done it before. it will only be impressive if its refined enough that he's automatic

If Deandre Jordan had a jumper, I don't think you'd compare him offensively to Jordan Hill,would you.. So off of Randle drives, WCS can catch a lot of lobs, and he can hit open catch and shoot 17footers. From that stroke U can tell he'll hit those open kick outs consistently. The question is if he can do more than that with that jumper , like he showed in the first two vids^ my favorites. He just doesn't get that space in kentuckys offense
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Synergy Sports Tech ‏@SynergySST 14m14 minutes ago
Karl-Anthony Towns scored all 25 of his points over 11 possessions, all of which were post ups. That's unreal.

Quote:
Synergy Sports Tech
‏@SynergySST
Kentucky's Willie Cauley-Stein is allowing only 21% shooting defending in one-on-one situations on the perimeter this season.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I just don't understand why when Towns was in foul trouble that the team couldn't turn to WCS for some offensive help. The fact that they needed to platoon Towns just to finish off the game worried me. They treated WCS like he was a backup center instead of an equal. Jordan isn't a great offensive force but at least you can depend on him for dunks and put backs.

WCS seemed like he disappeared on the offensive end during a very important time.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iggypop123 wrote:

WCS JUMPERS this year

personal favorite
personal fav

different Auburn game

If Deandre Jordan had a jumper, I don't think you'd compare him offensively to Jordan Hill,would you.. So off of Randle drives, WCS can catch a lot of lobs, and he can hit open catch and shoot 17footers. From that stroke U can tell he'll hit those open kick outs consistently. The question is if he can do more than that with that jumper , like he showed in the first two vids^ my favorites. He just doesn't get that space in kentuckys offense

im saying he will shoot jumpers and they wont be efficient just like hill. unless he's great at them i dont care. its obvious college and cals system hide perimeter skills so yeah i agree there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
I wish someone could put a highlight together of WCS's perimeter defense. I marvel at seeing a legit 7 footer staying with guards on the perimeter like that. He had a huge block late. Guards are very passive when they have him on them, usually it's the complete opposite in the C/PG matchup.

Seriously. Blocks jerian grant. Then does a full court chase of grant at the buzzer. Holy crap. I can't think of anyone in the NBA at that size who does that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
22 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Towns is a pretty good talker.

Thank goodness. Hate watching some players in interviews constantly have trouble speaking despite English being their Native language.

He has a high IQ and and is a pretty standup guy off the court

Sounds like it.

Well, seeing these games, I'm liking the draft more and more.

Definitely more hyped for this draft than I was last year.
The more I watch the tournament, the more I want the Lakers to lose the rest of the games this season, top 5 this year you're guaranteed a pretty good player.

I'm sure mitch and jim are watching. Tomorrow Lin, davis are DNPs until the rest of the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

What makes me feel a bit better is that IMO there are now 5 guys (maybe more) that I would be happy with the top 5 pick (varying degrees of course with towns 1st for me and okafor 2nd).

Towns
Okafor
Russell
Winslow
WCS (assuming medical issues are fine).

Happy with those guys. Mudiay is a wildcard for me. Could be but not sure yet.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I really like WCS, but correct me if I am wrong isnt he the last/worst case scenario (where we keep the pick) at 5?

I can think of four specific players I would for sure take over him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I really like WCS, but correct me if I am wrong isnt he the last/worst case scenario (where we keep the pick) at 5?

I can think of four specific players I would for sure take over him.

Could be. But I can see a team really liking him (ala Aaron wtf Gordon at 4 last year).
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

The tough task of having to decide between Oak and Towns is a pretty good problem to have. LOL! Personally, I'd go with Jahlil. He has a stronger base, better low post game, giant hands. Towns looks a little flimsy, and I'm curious if he can back down bigger pros. The defense tonight was really easy for him. Pass it out or jump hook, there was never a time where he had to go to a counter move, so we never saw much footwork. But I'm just nitpicking between the best of the best.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
I wish someone could put a highlight together of WCS's perimeter defense. I marvel at seeing a legit 7 footer staying with guards on the perimeter like that. He had a huge block late. Guards are very passive when they have him on them, usually it's the complete opposite in the C/PG matchup.

Seriously. Blocks jerian grant. Then does a full court chase of grant at the buzzer. Holy crap. I can't think of anyone in the NBA at that size who does that.

I like WCS. but tonight, I wasn't impress. What turned me off about Kentucky was how easily Notre Dame got whatever they wanted on the pick and roll. Grant is a good player, but he no where near an elite PG. I like the fact that WCS can blitz the P & R like Noah and Bosh, but I just don't see how he is going to effect the game so well defensively that it makes up for his average offense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 151 of 1691
Jump to: