***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
lakerslifer wrote:

This will be similar to Bynum and Gasol. It can maybe work but not for long stretches. Bynum/Odom and with Gasol/Odom worked out better bec Odom can space the floor better.

Why on Earth would it be similar to Bynum and Gasol? Randle is a 6'9" forward with a face up game, the ability to work off the dribble, and has been working on his shot (out to 3 range). The Lakers have even discussed playing him at the 3 for stretches. Randle and Okafor would be nothing like Gasol and Bynum.

Yeah, it would be more similar to Gasol and LO than Gasol and Bynum.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
If Okafor has told the T-wolves that he rather play with the Lakers, I'd assume they just take Town (provided he hasn't said the same thing). Its not like they have to choose between steak and broccoli.

Nope. They will take whoever they perceive as the better talent/fit in both the long-term and short-term.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I think Okafor and Randle can work beautifully. I think Randle will be a better jumpshooter then he is getting credit for?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
If Okafor has told the T-wolves that he rather play with the Lakers, I'd assume they just take Town (provided he hasn't said the same thing). Its not like they have to choose between steak and broccoli.

Minny knows that there is nothing Okafor can do about it, so if they want him, they have 5-6 years to convince him to stay.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject:

30 wrote:
Yumyumcha wrote:

Nope. They will take whoever they perceive as the better talent/fit in both the long-term and short-term.

Yup. I think Steph Curry wanted to play with the Knicks. He didn't even work out with the Warriors if the story is true. And the Warriors still picked him right before the Knicks had their chance. If Minn wants Okafor, he will get selected regardless of where he wants to go.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Steph Curry didn't want to be drafted by the Warriors on draft day either and tried REAL HARD to push the Knicks to draft him. He didn't even attend any workouts for the Warriors to my knowledge.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
30 wrote:
Yumyumcha wrote:

Yup. I think Steph Curry wanted to play with the Knicks. He didn't even work out with the Warriors if the story is true. And the Warriors still picked him right before the Knicks had their chance. If Minn wants Okafor, he will get selected regardless of where he wants to go.

Wolves track record is so good at not losing all-star bigmen anyway.

He wants to leave in year 1, or year 10...meh
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Well the one thing I will give props to the Wolves for is developing big men. (KG, Al Jefferson, Love, etc)
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

if Randle was in this draft, where would he go?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

6th pick Kings is my guess.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Top 5. Definitely not top 3.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't mind signing Tyler Harvey for summer league if he goes undrafted. He's got a legit 3 points stroke from any range.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

3rd or 4th.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I still don't know how Aaron Gordon got selected ahead of Randle. That move is going to bite them in the arse if Randle shows out next year.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

3rd or 4th.

I saw his highlights from preseason. if he can hit that 17-18ft jumper & play above average defense he would be great
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

okafor is coming here.

mitch knows a winner, and winners want to cement their legacies on the biggest stage, which is right here. he'll make his way here one way or the other.

the kid has a special type of determination, the humble silent kind that belies a ridiculous amount of passion.

i feel like we're getting the next tim duncan!
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
I still don't know how Aaron Gordon got selected ahead of Randle. That move is going to bite them in the arse if Randle shows out next year.

Dumb franchises make dumb decisions.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Here is what Chad Ford and Kevin Pelton had to say on who the Lakers should take.

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have the next pick. Whom would you take No. 2?

Ford: That's a much tougher one, but my first instinct is to say Jahlil Okafor. The Lakers could use a center and Okafor is going to be a beast on offense. But I don't know that he's an ideal fit next to last year's lottery pick, Julius Randle. And I think it would be tough to pass on D'Angelo Russell or even Emmanuel Mudiay here. Jordan Clarkson had a great rookie season but he's not the talent that Russell or Mudiay is. The Lakers could especially use Russell's shooting. I'm going to stick with Okafor but it's very, very close between him, Russell and Mudiay.

Pelton: In the event the Timberwolves take Okafor, the Lakers should rush to pick Towns as soon as possible. Don't even use the whole five minutes -- too risky! Otherwise, I'm leaning toward Russell. The Ohio State guard comes out as the best prospect in the draft by my WARP projections, and I have too many questions about Okafor's ability to anchor a top defense. Though he had a promising rookie season, I don't think Clarkson is good enough to sway me from going with the best player available.

Link
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Here is what Chad Ford and Kevin Pelton had to say on who the Lakers should take.

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have the next pick. Whom would you take No. 2?

Ford: That's a much tougher one, but my first instinct is to say Jahlil Okafor. The Lakers could use a center and Okafor is going to be a beast on offense. But I don't know that he's an ideal fit next to last year's lottery pick, Julius Randle. And I think it would be tough to pass on D'Angelo Russell or even Emmanuel Mudiay here. Jordan Clarkson had a great rookie season but he's not the talent that Russell or Mudiay is. The Lakers could especially use Russell's shooting. I'm going to stick with Okafor but it's very, very close between him, Russell and Mudiay.

Pelton: In the event the Timberwolves take Okafor, the Lakers should rush to pick Towns as soon as possible. Don't even use the whole five minutes -- too risky! Otherwise, I'm leaning toward Russell. The Ohio State guard comes out as the best prospect in the draft by my WARP projections, and I have too many questions about Okafor's ability to anchor a top defense. Though he had a promising rookie season, I don't think Clarkson is good enough to sway me from going with the best player available.

Link

Chad Ford compared Clarkson's rookie season to Sebastian Telfair the other day
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
botox wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
12-20 I'd probably take Oubre if he fell within that range.

I definitely care of the Lakers are in that range.

Jerian Grant (perfect combo guard next to Clarkson)
Trey Lyles
RHJ
Upshaw
Anderson

Towns or Okafor
Randle
Bryant
Jerian Grant
Jordan Clarkson

Young, but SICK team. Dual initiator offense with two big PGs with 3pt. range. Swatter. High post player. Bryant.

Yes please.

Upshaw and Lyles are the only two on your 12-20 list I'd want and I'm torn on drafting Upshaw with a first. The rest of the players you mentioned ... as Larry David would say ... EH. I do like RHJ over Anderson even though he can't shoot. At least he plays with heart.

Yes, because the Lakers would be so bad with a great size PG/SG capable of 16-20ppg and 7apg down the line in Jerian Grant?

Didn't say the Lakers would be bad if they drafted Grant, just think he's, eh. IMO the two bigs are the best of the ones you listed.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

How does Chad Fart have a job there? Seriously any sane person here could do his job.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject:

:42 second mark of this video addresses the question we're all thinking about wrt Town's evolution in the NBA. Good to know he is planning on expanding his game
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject:

If Minnesota takes Okafor we should take Russell then try to sign a center like Deandre or M Gasol
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Top 5. Definitely not top 3.

Agreed.

Can't see him going over the centers for obvious reasons.

Can't see him going over Russell due to Rusell's shooting/passing+Curry's success.

Other than that, I could see him easily go over every other prospect.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

PassiontoWin wrote:
If Minnesota takes Okafor we should take Russell then try to sign a center like Deandre or M Gasol

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 763 of 1691
Jump to: