***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What makes me feel a bit better is that IMO there are now 5 guys (maybe more) that I would be happy with the top 5 pick (varying degrees of course with towns 1st for me and okafor 2nd).

Towns
Okafor
Russell
Winslow
WCS (assuming medical issues are fine).

Happy with those guys. Mudiay is a wildcard for me. Could be but not sure yet.

Thats where I am at exactly. Although I want to see Winslow and Okafor vs Gonzaga. I have to give Okafor the respect he deserves and say Towns and Okafor are interchangeable and they can both very well go on to be dominant players?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
The tough task of having to decide between Oak and Towns is a pretty good problem to have. LOL! Personally, I'd go with Jahlil. He has a stronger base, better low post game, giant hands. Towns looks a little flimsy, and I'm curious if he can back down bigger pros. The defense tonight was really easy for him. Pass it out or jump hook, there was never a time where he had to go to a counter move, so we never saw much footwork. But I'm just nitpicking between the best of the best.

I'd be ecstatic with either one.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
I wish someone could put a highlight together of WCS's perimeter defense. I marvel at seeing a legit 7 footer staying with guards on the perimeter like that. He had a huge block late. Guards are very passive when they have him on them, usually it's the complete opposite in the C/PG matchup.

Seriously. Blocks jerian grant. Then does a full court chase of grant at the buzzer. Holy crap. I can't think of anyone in the NBA at that size who does that.

I like WCS. but tonight, I wasn't impress. What turned me off about Kentucky was how easily Notre Dame got whatever they wanted on the pick and roll. Grant is a good player, but he no where near an elite PG. I like the fact that WCS can blitz the P & R like Noah and Bosh, but I just don't see how he is going to effect the game so well defensively that it makes up for his average offense.

Yeah. But he has two clutch defensive plays when all the marbles were on the table. You have to respect that even if he played a less than stellar overall game. But i understand the trepidation.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
The tough task of having to decide between Oak and Towns is a pretty good problem to have. LOL! Personally, I'd go with Jahlil. He has a stronger base, better low post game, giant hands. Towns looks a little flimsy, and I'm curious if he can back down bigger pros. The defense tonight was really easy for him. Pass it out or jump hook, there was never a time where he had to go to a counter move, so we never saw much footwork. But I'm just nitpicking between the best of the best.

After getting to see alot more of these guys I'd be happy with Winslow. Okafor/Towns/Russell/Winslow all have special potential to me.

Thinking about Winslow, it's like why waste time going after Butler or Leonard? Just draft Winslow, problem solved.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

After getting to see alot more of these guys I'd be happy with Winslow. Okafor/Towns/Russell/Winslow all have special potential to me.

Thinking about Winslow, it's like why waste time going after Butler or Leonard? Just draft Winslow, problem solved.

Oh, yeah, cuz he's a sure thing like Butler and Leonard.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Oh, yeah, cuz he's a sure thing like Butler and Leonard.

No he isn't but it is more realistic to attain Winslow. I'm just saying it eases some ache of not being able to attain these players.

Thats not trying to take away my confidence in his game, I think Winslow will be a good player at the next level. His ability to hit the open jumper, defend, rebound, and finish at the rim is pretty impressive.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Fwiw

@chadfordinsider: This --> RT @SynergySST: Willie Cauley-Stein is allowing only 21% shooting defending in one-on-one situations on the perimeter this season
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
1. Jahill Okafor
2. Karl Anthony Towns
3. Deangelo Russell
4. Justise Winslow
5. Willie Cauley-Stein

Winslow just downright impressive. 4th pick wouldn't look so bad after all.

I'd switch #4 and #5, only because WCS can have more impact on a game than Winslow.

Same, I like WCS more at the next level. Pick n pop, pick n roll. Also Playing off Randle ,halfcourt and transition. And he can be invaluable defending the pick n roll
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Top5 pick

Karl-Anthony Towns/D'Angelo Russell
    Jahlil Okafor
    Justise Winslow
    Willie Cauley-Stein/Mario Hezonja

Late First round/ Houston pick

Kris Dunn
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
    Tyus Jones

Early Second Round

Robert Upshaw
    RJ Hunter
    Norman Powell
    Rakeem Christmas

I am not sure if Upshaw will be there in the early second round when we pick? I would consider taking Upshaw with our late first Rd Houston pick only if we end up with Russell,Winslow or Hezonja with the top 5 pick.

The Clipper second round pick seems like it will slip out of our hands but if we keep it George Lucas De Paula seems intriguing if he is still available.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Quote:
Synergy Sports Tech ‏@SynergySST 14m14 minutes ago
Karl-Anthony Towns scored all 25 of his points over 11 possessions, all of which were post ups. That's unreal.

Quote:
Synergy Sports Tech
‏@SynergySST
Kentucky's Willie Cauley-Stein is allowing only 21% shooting defending in one-on-one situations on the perimeter this season.

Thanks anph
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
1. Jahill Okafor
2. Karl Anthony Towns
3. Deangelo Russell
4. Justise Winslow
5. Willie Cauley-Stein

I'd switch #4 and #5, only because WCS can have more impact on a game than Winslow.

Same, I like WCS more at the next level. Pick n pop, pick n roll. Also Playing off Randle ,halfcourt and transition. And he can be invaluable defending the pick n roll

I can't bring myself to say I would draft WCS over Winslow.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
1. Jahill Okafor
2. Karl Anthony Towns
3. Deangelo Russell
4. Justise Winslow
5. Willie Cauley-Stein

I can't bring myself to say I would draft WCS over Winslow.

WCS is not even in my top 5. He just doesn't have that much potential on both ends of the floor. He's more like a low risk, low reward type player.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Towns played well tonight 25 pts-5 rbs-4 asts

WCS is a defensive wizard ala J.Noah.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

WCS will be a better defender than Noah.
allNet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

If Justise Winslow is still there at four, I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's the one guy in this draft I see having the potential to dominate an entire position in the NBA, playing shooting guard.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Winslow is getting some pretty big hype aroun here! Not sold on his jump shot yet. To me, it seems like he tends to release it on his way down at times. So there's timing issues there but it's fixable. He's one of those picks that I would consider to be a "safe" pick. I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if he was our choice, but I wouldn't be ecstatic either. I just think there are better options with a top 5 pick. 6-10 though? Definitely. Same goes for WCS.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Right now my dream would be to pair WCS and Kaminsky!

The way Kaminsky plays reminds me soooo much of Pau.

WCS to me is a younger version of Tyson Chandler.

DO IT MITCH!!!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Winslow is getting some pretty big hype aroun here! Not sold on his jump shot yet. To me, it seems like he tends to release it on his way down at times. So there's timing issues there but it's fixable. He's one of those picks that I would consider to be a "safe" pick. I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if he was our choice, but I wouldn't be ecstatic either. I just think there are better options with a top 5 pick. 6-10 though? Definitely. Same goes for WCS.

LG falls in love with certiain players and everyone jumps on bandwagon Its normal. Winslow will be a stud imo but i think hes 5th or 6th best player in draft, and i think WCS is 8-10 range player. But hey combine and individual workouts coming up
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Inverse wrote:

LG falls in love with certiain players and everyone jumps on bandwagon Its normal. Winslow will be a stud imo but i think hes 5th or 6th best player in draft, and i think WCS is 8-10 range player. But hey combine and individual workouts coming up

Tyson Chandler with a jumpshot is not an 8-10 range player
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Inverse wrote:

I see WCS as the 7th best in the draft, behind Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, Winslow and Mario/Johnson, all these players are players you could build around, WCS is a great glue guy but not what we need right now, we need to draft a player Who's going to attract other free agents to. Come
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Inverse wrote:

I see WCS as the 7th best in the draft, behind Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, Winslow and Mario/Johnson, all these players are players you could build around, WCS is a great glue guy but not what we need right now, we need to draft a player Who's going to attract other free agents to. Come

If u really think you can build around more than half of those guys, then uh, to each his own, man
daygoboy6191
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject:

I would love for us to land Deandre Jordan and Jimmy Butler in FA, and drafting D'Angelo Russel if we are picking 4-5 would make a great team for the long term. D'Angelo Russell would come into the league with elite passing abilities, but drafting him we need to hope we could land some big name FA especially a rim protector.
The exciting thing is we could make this team very good this off-season, but we really have to land a big time FA or 2 this off-season.
Ideal situation IMO.
PG D'Angelo Russell/ Jordan Clarkson
SG Kobe Bryant/ Jordan Clarkson/ Nick Young
SF Jimmy Butler/ Nick Young
PF Julius Randle
C Deandre Jordan
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject:

daygoboy6191 wrote:
I would love for us to land Deandre Jordan and Jimmy Butler in FA, and drafting D'Angelo Russel if we are picking 4-5 would make a great team for the long term. D'Angelo Russell would come into the league with elite passing abilities, but drafting him we need to hope we could land some big name FA especially a rim protector.
The exciting thing is we could make this team very good this off-season, but we really have to land a big time FA or 2 this off-season.
Ideal situation IMO.
PF Julius Randle
C Deandre Jordan

We don't have the capspace. We have 25mil or maybe less. Yes that has been confirmed here many times.
Year_One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject:

daygoboy6191 wrote:
Ideal situation IMO.
PF Julius Randle
C Deandre Jordan

Yeah that's not going to happen
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Ideal situation IMO.
PF Julius Randle
C Deandre Jordan

We don't have the capspace. We have 25mil or maybe less. Yes that has been confirmed here many times.

thats deandre + harris, or butler + asik
either way i will be stoked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 151, 152, 153 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 152 of 1691
Jump to: