***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1688, 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
But most of us agreed that Mudiay is top 10. Oubre is outplaying most and he was what, outside top 10?

Getting real specific about a lot of things over top 10 picks.

Also Portis, wow.

Yup. Stronger PJ Brown. He is right now what Vonleh is supposed to be.

Vonleh had some strong actual in season performances. I'm still high on him. just got no PT

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
im eating crow on WCS dude looks good but health issue scary. At least Mudiay making me look good

WCS's a good player with room to grow, but I hope he can stay healthy.

Why is he on a minutes restrition

I don't know, maybe worried about the sickle cell trait?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
RogerSterling7
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

How high do these guys go if the draft was tomorrow?

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Okafor
4. Mudiay
5. Hezonja
6. Stanley
7. Portis
8. Porzingis
9. Oubre
10. WCS

I realize this could be a million different ways and way too early but still fun.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
RogerSterling7 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
But most of us agreed that Mudiay is top 10. Oubre is outplaying most and he was what, outside top 10?

Getting real specific about a lot of things over top 10 picks.

Also Portis, wow.

Yup. Stronger PJ Brown. He is right now what Vonleh is supposed to be.

Vonleh had some strong actual in season performances. I'm still high on him. just got no PT

Agreed. Just, Portis looks right there, right now.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
Have seen many videos of Russell and I don't see anything to impress me, 0, nada. Lakers will make a huge mistake if they pick him. Don't see any athleticism, don't see any jumping ability, he's not tough to defend.

Hope I am wrong about this. So far it seems like what I saw was right...
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Is it too soon for the 2016 draft thread? I'm liking our chances to keep that top 3 pick after all.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
Have seen many videos of Russell and I don't see anything to impress me, 0, nada. Lakers will make a huge mistake if they pick him. Don't see any athleticism, don't see any jumping ability, he's not tough to defend.

None of that is true. russell has shown he can easily get his shot off anytime he wants. He just hasn't been doing it much and I don't really blame him. That's not what SL is about for him.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:

None of that is true. russell has shown he can easily get his shot off anytime he wants. He just hasn't been doing it much and I don't really blame him. That's not what SL is about for him.

Hope you are right. Can you explain to me like if I was a 5 year old what summer league is about??? Is it about more turnovers than assists or something like that???
Please explain and like I said I hope you are right. I like the kid and I hope he becomes a super star.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Poor kid. People expect him to come In right away and be a stud. I remember the Bynum for Kidd days. LA has no PATIENCE!
echobats
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Drafting Russell at 2 will haunt the Lakers for the next decade.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Okafor
4. Mudiay
5. Hezonja
6. Stanley
7. Portis
8. Porzingis
9. Oubre
10. WCS

I realize this could be a million different ways and way too early but still fun.

Probably the same order they went a month ago. Most FOs don't panic over a little spilled milk like fans do.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:

Hope you are right. Can you explain to me like if I was a 5 year old what summer league is about??? Is it about more turnovers than assists or something like that???
Please explain and like I said I hope you are right. I like the kid and I hope he becomes a super star.

If you didn't expect Russell to come in and have a bunch of turnovers to start I don't think you have been following him very closely

and to answer your other question his main focus in SL should just be getting acclimated to the speed and size of NBA type talent
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant

Last edited by evetssteve10 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Mda came up with the basis for the modern nba style but he didn't perfect it. He was not a good head coach but a good offensive coordinator. He was kicked out by fans because he threw guys under the bus and couldn't adapt to his roster with us.

Disagree completely about Princeton offense being modern. It's an amateur offense, meant for college.

Once again, totally disagree. He did the best with the Phoenix Suns and did that for years. What's Hornacek doing? The same thing. Did it for years.

Phoenix couldn't get the talent. Doesn't mean he wasn't maximizing it.

Pick and roll is an amateur offense. Problem is, there's not enough hoop IQ to actually use a disciplined, structured offense nowadays because "the fans want fast entertaining basketball". Doesn't always means wins, considering you don't think MDA isn't a good coach when he coaches EXACTLY your style preference.

No patience at all. It's ridiculous. Last time we ran the Princeton fans falsely attributed our issues to the offense. We should have thrown out Mike Brown but kept the offense. Have patience. Like the Triangle and Pop's system, it's a good offense if you get it right and have the patience to see it developed. When Nash was here, complaints were that the system was taking the ball out of his hands, then we threw out a good system and hired MDA just so Nash could be Nash. The go to defense for Russell seems to be how bad the Princeton offense is. Just have patience with both.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:

If you didn't expect Russell to come in and have a bunch of turnovers to start I don't think you have been following him very closely

and to answer your other question his main focus in SL should just be getting acclimated to the speed and size of NBA type talent

Ok. We all want him to do great.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Are some of you people actually basing these 19 and 20 year old kids careers off of 3 SL games? Need a break from LG. The lack of sense is increasing each day.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a Russell hater, even though I did wanted Okafor a bit more, but completely fine with the DLo pick....

also, I don't freak out over SL games, I'm not worry about Julius at all.

but I think some of the concerns with Russell are legit. Not saying he can't over come them....

but Russell will definitely need to find a way to make up for his lack of athleticism. He needs to learn to be more crafty with the ball and learn how to attack the pick and roll. Right now his slowness is affecting his passes too, not being able to get to where he wants to be.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Time for leg days DLo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Russell just needs to get used to the speed of the game and the length of the defenders. Plus he has to get used to how people want the ball, and the others need to get used to his passes. It doesn't help that his teammates weren't ready to catch some of his passes.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
... Russell will definitely need to find a way to make up for his lack of athleticism. He needs to learn to be more crafty with the ball and learn how to attack the pick and roll. Right now his slowness is affecting his passes too, not being able to get to where he wants to be.

Agree
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:

Those are definitely a couple of things that teams hope to accomplish during SL. Nearer the bottom of what they want to accomplish is a lot of wins.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:

Those are definitely a couple of things that teams hope to accomplish during SL. Nearer the bottom of what they want to accomplish is a lot of wins.

that's usually the case....

but with this roster, our coach and players have said we were expected to win. we are losing to teams that are far less talented...
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Russell had a 39 inch vert and he's got elite wingspan. He doesn't need Westbrook or Clarkson athleticism to be great. Right now he's just thinking too much and not playing off of his instincts. He's going to get better.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Russell had a 39 inch vert and he's got elite wingspan. He doesn't need Westbrook or Clarkson athleticism to be great. Right now he's just thinking too much and not playing off of his instincts. He's going to get better.

yup, this is why he finished on Porzingis in the 1st Q. He elevated a decent amount even w/ contact and used his wingspan to protect/stretch and finish
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

RogerSterling7 wrote:

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Okafor
4. Mudiay
5. Hezonja
6. Stanley
7. Portis
8. Porzingis
9. Oubre
10. WCS

Poringis dropped??

no way, he is the real deal.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Mda came up with the basis for the modern nba style but he didn't perfect it. He was not a good head coach but a good offensive coordinator. He was kicked out by fans because he threw guys under the bus and couldn't adapt to his roster with us.

Disagree completely about Princeton offense being modern. It's an amateur offense, meant for college.

Once again, totally disagree. He did the best with the Phoenix Suns and did that for years. What's Hornacek doing? The same thing. Did it for years.

Phoenix couldn't get the talent. Doesn't mean he wasn't maximizing it.

Pick and roll is an amateur offense. Problem is, there's not enough hoop IQ to actually use a disciplined, structured offense nowadays because "the fans want fast entertaining basketball". Doesn't always means wins, considering you don't think MDA isn't a good coach when he coaches EXACTLY your style preference.

That's just a blatant lie. Suns at one point had one of the most talented squads in the league.

MDA is a good offensive coach but he isn't a good head coach because he lacks the leadership and personality to lead a team without throwing players under the bus. You don't try to fit a triangle into a square hole but that's what MDA was trying to do while he was our coach. That seems to be the same thing Byron is doing and it's just a hard headed act that isn't going to take a team anywhere close to a championship. A coach must be smart enough and fluid enough to be able to adapt to his personnel and maximize their skills.

Princeton offense is literally named that because it was developed in college therefore it is a amateur offense. This team needs to implement the same style that the top teams in the league are using. It's like NFL teams still trying to run the ball 35-40 times a game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1688, 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 1689 of 1691
Jump to: