***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I am disappointed in Russells performance against Arizona more than anyone, but I cannot and will not say Kris Dunn is a better prospect than him.

I don't think anyone is saying that. The debate is more Mudiay Vs. Dunn. Their games are much more similar. Dunn and Russell would actually compliment each other greatly. since they both excel where the other doesnt. Dunn has athleticism and the potential for defense, Russell has the shooting that most think Dunn lacks. If the lakers do indeed lose the top 5 pick, then I would definitely look to package the remaining picks together and move up to the 12-18 range to draft Dunn. But anyways, this should be debated once Dunn actually declares for the draft
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

I have Houston with 5 very losable games: Spurs (2x), Pelicans, Mavericks, and OKC

That could effectively drop them from the 27th pick to the 23rd. That would be absolutely huge. Cheering for Orlando to win every game, and cheering for the Rockets to lose. I think the best that Rockets pick turns out to be is 23, and you can definitely find a solid prospect there
Laker_Lifer_25
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are currently 4th from the bottom of the standings which doesn't give much insight to the lottery order except for odds. Looking through the past 5 drafts, the 4th place team had the following outcomes: 2014 (6th), 2013 (5th), 2012 (4th), 2011 (6th), and 2010 (6th). This translates to the 4th place team following out of the top5 - 3 out of 5.

Disregarding the extremely small sample size, if the Lakers lose the top5 pick, what should the absolute priority or next step be for the lakers?
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
I am disappointed in Russells performance against Arizona more than anyone, but I cannot and will not say Kris Dunn is a better prospect than him.

I don't think anyone is saying that. The debate is more Mudiay Vs. Dunn. Their games are much more similar. Dunn and Russell would actually compliment each other greatly. since they both excel where the other doesnt. Dunn has athleticism and the potential for defense, Russell has the shooting that most think Dunn lacks. If the lakers do indeed lose the top 5 pick, then I would definitely look to package the remaining picks together and move up to the 12-18 range to draft Dunn. But anyways, this should be debated once Dunn actually declares for the draft

I'd agree - I don't think Mudiay is top 5 at the moment. Though admittedly his stock is at an all time low because the other guys in the conversation are playing well in the tournament (WCS, Winslow) and Hezonja has also been getting a good amount of hype.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Lifer_25 wrote:
Lakers are currently 4th from the bottom of the standings which doesn't give much insight to the lottery order except for odds. Looking through the past 5 drafts, the 4th place team had the following outcomes: 2014 (6th), 2013 (5th), 2012 (4th), 2011 (6th), and 2010 (6th). This translates to the 4th place team following out of the top5 - 3 out of 5.

Disregarding the extremely small sample size, if the Lakers lose the top5 pick, what should the absolute priority or next step be for the lakers?

Obviously the priority next step would be nailing the Houston pick. Then after that would be getting a superstar in free agency.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Laker_Lifer_25 wrote:

Obviously the priority next step would be nailing the Houston pick. Then after that would be getting a superstar in free agency.

The immediate priority would be to draft well with the picks you have, and to get maximum value in free agency. That might mean a star, but in the short term it might also be some combination of impact, value, and depth.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm really starting to like George Lucus. I didn't like him much at first but his handle is legit and he's a true pg. Okafor and lucus with the first two picks would be amazing. Maybe grab luuwawu with the second rounder
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I would love to gamble on Lucas or Upshaw with the Houston pick. Either one could result in tremendous value in the next 2-3 seasons.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I'm really starting to like George Lucus. I didn't like him much at first but his handle is legit and he's a true pg. Okafor and lucus with the first two picks would be amazing. Maybe grab luuwawu with the second rounder

Theres a picture of him on his draft express page where his arms damn near hang down to the floor lol. And extremely long foreign players seems to be the correct way to gamble in the draft nowadays, judging from the success of Gobert qnd Giannis. So, I'm all for it as long as we keep our top 5. If not, I'd rather try to get more of a sure thing
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

People are bummed after yesterday this thread didn't get the same kind of activity it gets everyday! lol May 19th can't come soon enough!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I would love to gamble on Lucas or Upshaw with the Houston pick. Either one could result in tremendous value in the next 2-3 seasons.

I like them both. Hopefully we can get one with the Houston 1st and the other with our own 2nd rounder.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Theres a picture of him on his draft express page where his arms damn near hang down to the floor lol. And extremely long foreign players seems to be the correct way to gamble in the draft nowadays, judging from the success of Gobert qnd Giannis. So, I'm all for it as long as we keep our top 5. If not, I'd rather try to get more of a sure thing

Imagine hving a pg with a 7'1 wingspan 😳 and okafor behind him with a 7'6 wingspan
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Justise..

would love to see his and Jules intensity on the same team. I think he's guna be slightly better than Jimmy Butler. Gimmie him!
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

You gotta take George Lucas with the late 1st/early 2nd pick. He has no weaknesses that aren't correctable.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

my lakers have become the new raiders. shocked we are on the verge of losing our pick by just few wins that easily could have been losses 3 pick would have been lock to keep the pick. now we have a 50/50 shot at best. next year we will have randle, a free agent or two, kobe back, young players getting better. we will be bad non playoffs but not bottom 3 bad.. the current system of how hard it is to land star players you have to draft them. its so hard to watch the lakers suck and play meaningless ball. 3 years in a row really
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we keep our pick and draft Mudiay/Winslow and Upshaw with our Houston pick, the more I read about Upshaw the more I think he's the 3rd best center in this draft, hopefully he matures..
kobe209
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
my lakers have become the new raiders. shocked we are on the verge of losing our pick by just few wins that easily could have been losses 3 pick would have been lock to keep the pick. now we have a 50/50 shot at best. next year we will have randle, a free agent or two, kobe back, young players getting better. we will be bad non playoffs but not bottom 3 bad.. the current system of how hard it is to land star players you have to draft them. its so hard to watch the lakers suck and play meaningless ball. 3 years in a row really

Its actually above 80%

IG: wywsabaywb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
http://youtu.be/CVIUv5rJdpA
Justise..

would love to see his and Jules intensity on the same team. I think he's guna be slightly better than Jimmy Butler. Gimmie him!

As long as it's after Jah, KAT, D'Angelo, and EM.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't care what anybody says, George Lucas belongs in Hollywood!!!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject:

I noticed that in 2K15 drafts, Hezonja nearly always has the highest rating and is usually the default #1 pick. Thought it was a fluke, but now I'm hearing his name thrown around in real life more often.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
http://youtu.be/CVIUv5rJdpA
Justise..

As long as it's after Jah, KAT, D'Angelo, and EM.

Mudiay isn't top 5 to me. Winslow is 4th or 5th on my board
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject:

Towns/Russell/Okafor/Winslow/WCS
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject:

Sting wrote:

Not 50/50 we keep it.

Also, 3 spot does not guarantee we keep it...we can drop up to 3 spots, so 3rd could drop to 6th.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Sting wrote:

Not 50/50 we keep it.

Also, 3 spot does not guarantee we keep it...we can drop up to 3 spots, so 3rd could drop to 6th.

3rd CAN drop to 6th, but that scenario is highly UNLIKELY. Your pretty safe at 3. At four there is a reasonable chance that you drop out of the top 5, and at 5, forget about it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S5z8CwpEkNI Porzingis vs. Barcelona 2 days ago.. ... He put on 3 pounds.. Looks like a smooth criminal. Wish we didn't already have a future all star Pf

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uLrPWbWkzy0# Here's the full game (first half) and 20 seconds into the game they mention Mitch Kupchack "manager de Los Lakers" .. Uh, my Spanish speaking freinds, what else did they say?
Good game for Mitch to watch, Hezonja vs Porzingis. Assuming Hezonja was allowed to play this time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 172 of 1691
Jump to: