***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 365, 366, 367 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So if Hezonja does the Euro Step, is it just a Step?

Only if he does it in Europe.

you can take him out of Europe, but you can't take the Euro out of him.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

Mario Hezonja = Klay Thompson on steroids plus more upside and play making abilities.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Or can you, step by step?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I wouldn't draft Hezonja #1.

1. Lacks left hand.
2. Limited mid-range game.
3. Not an Iso ball-handler.
4. Needs to advance defense.

He's got everything else. Athleticism, size, finishing ability/shooting. The rest can be developed.

Essentially, if we get #5, it'd probably be Justise Winslow but Hezonja could be a dark horse for us. As with WCS.

I'm good with all of those choices.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

How NBA ready is Herzonja?
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
He's a stud in the euro league which is as close to the NBA as is going to get. I'd give him a full season to learn the ins outs of the NBA before he is comfortable playing at a high level.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:
Mario Hezonja = Klay Thompson on steroids plus more upside and play making abilities.

I'm really concerned about how Hezonja had a free throw drawing rate of 0.06 in 28 games at the ACB. That's more than enough games to make a determination--so in 417 minutes, he only went to the line...2 times? I really, really wonder if he shies away from contact. That's extremely outliery bad.

Even in the 22 games in the Euroleague, he only had a foul drawing rate of 0.18--in my mind, a foul drawing rate below 0.2, much less 0.25, is troubling, especially for perceived athletes like Hezonja.

I keep wondering if Terrence Ross is the best comparison, game-wise. Ross was also a flaky athlete-three point shooting type who really, really struggled to draw fouls. Klay was admittedly very similar at age 19, but he's just one comparison--my top three comps to Hezonja were Rudy Fernandez, Nando De Colo and Terrence Ross.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

jorkerjork wrote:
lakerglory wrote:

I'm really concerned about how Hezonja had a free throw drawing rate of 0.06 in 28 games at the ACB. That's more than enough games to make a determination--so in 417 minutes, he only went to the line...2 times? I really, really wonder if he shies away from contact. That's extremely outliery bad.

Even in the 22 games in the Euroleague, he only had a foul drawing rate of 0.18--in my mind, a foul drawing rate below 0.2, much less 0.25, is troubling, especially for perceived athletes like Hezonja.

I keep wondering if Terrence Ross is the best comparison, game-wise. Ross was also a flaky athlete-three point shooting type who really, really struggled to draw fouls. Klay was admittedly very similar at age 19, but he's just one comparison--my top three comps to Hezonja were Rudy Fernandez, Nando De Colo and Terrence Ross.

can you tell me where you're getting advanced stats for euroleague?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

5/19 cant come sooner.

the day we win the lottery 5/19/2015

heard it here 1st folks
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
jorkerjork wrote:
lakerglory wrote:

I just looked on b-r. Last season Hezonja had .212 FTr, and the season previous to that he had .286. This season he is at .125.

Interesting observation and I can see why that is a problem.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

people still rate wcs top 5
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
people still rate wcs top 5

Does every response of yours lately involve laughing at others? Stop it.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
jorkerjork wrote:
lakerglory wrote:

I just looked on b-r. Last season Hezonja had .212 FTr, and the season previous to that he had .286. This season he is at .125.

Ya, this is a valid concern. Someone brought up JR Smith, and if you remove the knuckleheadedness, I wonder if it's not an appropriate comparison. The things that Hezonja does well makes for a great highlight reel, but there are some definite gaps in his game. If I were a team, I'd put him through hell in a workout and set him up to fail, to see how he reacts. Loads of talent, but his makeup is going to be especially important, IMO.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Ya, this is a valid concern. Someone brought up JR Smith, and if you remove the knuckleheadedness, I wonder if it's not an appropriate comparison. The things that Hezonja does well makes for a great highlight reel, but there are some definite gaps in his game. If I were a team, I'd put him through hell in a workout and set him up to fail, to see how he reacts. Loads of talent, but his makeup is going to be especially important, IMO.

it was me, and half the reason for the comp was the knuckleheadedness they reportedly share. for some reason there are reports out there of hezonja being an absolute turd. can settle for a sulky/j.r. smithy player if he's spectacular, but not if he's a carmelo-tier black hole on O with no defensive value. if hezonja really is super efficient shooter and more than a linear run-and-jump athlete then he's worth a top 5 pick in any draft. i have no clue what he is and neither does anyone else though, at least until 2016 or 17 and beyond when he's an established nba player (or a bust)
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
He has to be in the right system and have a great coach to get the best out of him. His defense and character are major concerns, I don't think he's ready.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Or can you, step by step?

oooh baby
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:

On the contrary, How Heromana ready is the NBA?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I don't think you're going to get more than occasional outbursts from Hezonja until his third year, even in the best of circumstances. There's a high probability that he's going to piss off his coaches by being generally lost on defensive rotations, which is the surest way to land your ass on the bench. He's a puppy.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Agreed. Especially with Byron as the coach. Just too many risk involved drafting Hezonja in the top 5.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
He has to be in the right system and have a great coach to get the best out of him. His defense and character are major concerns, I don't think he's ready.

Plus I don't see a player in this draft who is NBA ready. WCS might come the closest, or Kaminsky.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
jorkerjork wrote:
lakerglory wrote:

If JR Smith had the will to dominate, he would be a superstar. He's just too much of a "playboy". Hezonja is significantly bigger than JR too.

but maybe that's why I love Hezonja as a prospect - JR is one of my favorite players to watch (when he's on his game).

I remember when we were in those battles with the Nuggets in the playoffs, Smith was always the X-factor. We lost to them whenever JR was on his game.

If we could get a young JR with Kobe's mentorship...

Last edited by 44TheLogo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Plus I don't see a player in this draft who is NBA ready. WCS might come the closest, or Kaminsky.

You sound like Mitch in his exit interview.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

I think Russell, Winslow, and Johnson are NBA ready. The others will take time to adjust, possibly years.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

wast Stanley johnson going to declare yesterday?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

You sound like Mitch in his exit interview.

Pretty safe statement when most of the players in the draft aren't even old enough to drink.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 365, 366, 367 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 366 of 1691
Jump to: