Ed Davis plans to opt-out after season, hopes to return long term
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rugbar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

Ed Davis' PER since the all star break is 8th in the NBA. Let me repeat that: 8TH IN THE NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/stats/2015/Advanced_Stats/Qualified/per/All/desc/1/Post-All-Star_Game

He had good advanced stats before the break too, but with Lin (whose PER is 16th in the NBA since the break) being unleashed to run the pick and roll, Davis has been putting up stratospheric numbers. His effective field goal % is .713!!!!!!!!!!!! (In an unusual twist, his TS% is a little worse than that since he can't hit free throws, but still....)

Now, I don't think Davis or Lin are as good as these rankings make them look, but surely their agents are smiling. They are going to get decent contracts next year.

The funny thing is that it was painfully obvious to 70% of this board that the Lin-and-Davis pick-and-roll should have been the bread and butter of the offense early in the year when Kobe was off the floor. Since Kobe shouldn't have been on the floor for more than 28 minutes or so a game, the Lakers should have been rolling with it a lot early in the year too.

What was obvious to most of this board, however, wasn't obvious to BS....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

Rugbar wrote:
Ed Davis' PER since the all star break is 8th in the NBA. Let me repeat that: 8TH IN THE NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/stats/2015/Advanced_Stats/Qualified/per/All/desc/1/Post-All-Star_Game

He had good advanced stats before the break too, but with Lin (whose PER is 16th in the NBA since the break) being unleashed to run the pick and roll, Davis has been putting up stratospheric numbers. His effective field goal % is .713!!!!!!!!!!!! (In an unusual twist, his TS% is a little worse than that since he can't hit free throws, but still....)

Now, I don't think Davis or Lin are as good as these rankings make them look, but surely their agents are smiling. They are going to get decent contracts next year.

The funny thing is that it was painfully obvious to 70% of this board that the Lin-and-Davis pick-and-roll should have been the bread and butter of the offense early in the year when Kobe was off the floor. Since Kobe shouldn't have been on the floor for more than 28 minutes or so a game, the Lakers should have been rolling with it a lot early in the year too.

He has quietly been the tank buster. I like him a lot but in furtherance of the tank, would have liked to see him be traded (he could always come back as a free agent in 2015, but doubt we could afford him).
Rugbar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rugbar wrote:

He has quietly been the tank buster. I like him a lot but in furtherance of the tank, would have liked to see him be traded (he could always come back as a free agent in 2015, but doubt we could afford him).

What you think he'll get?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject:

Rugbar wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Rugbar wrote:

What you think he'll get?
6-10m.
Rugbar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

That sounds about right.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject:

Rugbar wrote:

For me, we decline Hill's 9mil option, offer Davis 7-9 for 2-3 years. Try to unload Young's contract asap because I have a cheaper replacement for both he & Ellington in Jabari Brown.

Our top 5 pick, no matter who it is, will be a great addition/cheap contract asset, the Houston pick, a return of a healthy Randle, and our young emerging stud Clarkson, and we build from there. Oh, and the guy Kobe too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: