Lakers Could Have Up to 4 Draft Choices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

if we get that 2nd Round selection to give us 4 picks, I would use the fourth pick on PG Juwan Staten from WVU. He is no longer on any mocks. He was 2013-2014 Big 12 Player of the year, and his production decreased this year only because the team went in a very different direction by pressing 100% of the time and using a 10+ man rotation. WVU used 5-7 guards with PG ability in every game. Very smart and very good player with a great attitude.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

Updated BASKETBALL INSIDERS Mock Draft:

LAKER PICKS:
#4. D. Russell
#28. Robert Upshaw
#34. Ant Brown (Stanford)
#55. Marcus Paige (UNC)

BASKETBALL INSIDERS (link)
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

LAKER PICKS:
#4. D. Russell
#28. Robert Upshaw
#55. Marcus Paige (UNC)

Have you vetted that Mock Draft for accuracy?
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
if we get that 2nd Round selection to give us 4 picks, I would use the fourth pick on PG Juwan Staten from WVU. He is no longer on any mocks. He was 2013-2014 Big 12 Player of the year, and his production decreased this year only because the team went in a very different direction by pressing 100% of the time and using a 10+ man rotation. WVU used 5-7 guards with PG ability in every game. Very smart and very good player with a great attitude.

I wouldn't expect to get that Clippers pick. Four of their last 8 games are against teams with .500 records of better. Assuming they win three of their gimme games, and go .500 against the teams with winning records that puts them at 54-28.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject:

ok....did I miss something. I thought just because you have the fourth worst record....you pull numbers.....it does not mean we will have the fourth pick. have they changed something?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
ok....did I miss something. I thought just because you have the fourth worst record....you pull numbers.....it does not mean we will have the fourth pick. have they changed something?

Nothing has changed and the Lottery drawing still matters.

Buying a domain and leasing - renting a web server is rather easy to do, so create some content (Mock Draft) and sell ad space.

If the web sites doing Mock Draft waited until after the Lottery Drawing to start displaying them, they would be letting an obvious market for clicks lie fallow.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I wouldn't expect to get that Clippers pick. Four of their last 8 games are against teams with .500 records of better. Assuming they win three of their gimme games, and go .500 against the teams with winning records that puts them at 54-28.

I agree. Mostly me being disappointed Staten may not be drafted....and the Lakers have a fairly good history drafting PG's from WVU.
alexamerling43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

LAKER PICKS:
#4. D. Russell
#28. Robert Upshaw
#55. Marcus Paige (UNC)

Hope we keep our top 5 pick. Wouldn't mind Upshaw but I would be absolutely ecstatic if we landed Rondae Hollis Jefferson or Jarell Martin at 28.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Emmanuel Mudiay is the prize of next years draft if you ask me.... Eventual All-Star PG is written all over him....

.... that would be someone "besides Okafor" and also be "outside of.... Kentucky".... .... and currently slated at pick #2 in the mock draft link posted here (I've actually seen Mudiay at #1 in some other draft scenarios)....

If you can't beat 'em join 'em. It's the age of the PG in the NBA. I'll take the biggest (6'5 200lbs) athletic one. The fact that he's a true PG and not combo guard is icing on the cake (since those are even rarer).

I like Russell alot though. He is a better jump shooter and I could see him dominating games with his IQ like CP3 and Tony Parker. Don't know if he'll ever be as good of a shooter as Steph. But that's no knock on the guy.

It's an amazing age of the pg for sure, and a big true pg is a huge asset. I have not been following intently the overall league this season for obvious reasons, however, generically speaking without a true big pg it is certainly is going to make it much harder to put together a competitive team.

This coming season just might be the most important season in Lakers history, adding via fa and the draft is critical, it will be very difficult to build a team if the wrong decisions are made. Chemistry and talent are hugely important, this season more than past seasons because of the way the draft is designed. This is also critical for all teams not just the Lakers.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I wonder how Mudiay handles the ball against NBA level point guard defenders. Seems more like stuckey/tyreke Evans strong guard (with no shooting skills) to me. But he can change that at workouts. He is a mystery.

He's got to improve on his shooting, no doubt.... but that's the easiest to improve on, just a lot of hours day after day shooting.... the other aspects like ball-handling and passing has a lot to do with inherent talent to begin with....

Clearly Mudiay will be an All-Star PG in the NBA in my view as long as he continues to improve on his shooting.... He's got all the other talent needed at the point already....

tell that to the 1,000s of terrible shooters that stayed terrible shooters for there entire careers, you are born a shooter just as much as you are born a ball handler, guys like Rondo will never be able to shoot. I say give me Okafor, that guy is a flat out beast.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I wonder how Mudiay handles the ball against NBA level point guard defenders. Seems more like stuckey/tyreke Evans strong guard (with no shooting skills) to me. But he can change that at workouts. He is a mystery.
He's got to improve on his shooting, no doubt.... but that's the easiest to improve on, just a lot of hours day after day shooting.... the other aspects like ball-handling and passing has a lot to do with inherent talent to begin with....

Clearly Mudiay will be an All-Star PG in the NBA in my view as long as he continues to improve on his shooting.... He's got all the other talent needed at the point already....
tell that to the 1,000s of terrible shooters that stayed terrible shooters for there entire careers, you are born a shooter just as much as you are born a ball handler, guys like Rondo will never be able to shoot. I say give me Okafor, that guy is a flat out beast.
There are countless NBA players from the past to the present day players such as Anthony Davis (that was documented on NBA TV)

Do agree that Okafor, Towns or Kaminsky would be a much better pick. Carley-Stein could develop like Serge Ibaka
lakersboi1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject:

Can somebody answer this for me if we get the 5th pick
In the nba draft do we keep it are does it go to Phili?
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

lakersboi1993 wrote:

Any pick from 1 to 5 is ours. If the Lakers get the 6th pick, look at the obits section the day after the lottery and see how many people died with Laker fan in the sentence.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:17 am    Post subject:

lakersboi1993 wrote:

We keep it. If it's 6 or lower, we lose it.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
lakersboi1993 wrote:
We keep it. If it's 6 or lower, we lose it.
We lose it for this year.

Wondering if a team like the 76ers, who already have lottery pick bigs hence no need for Okafor/Town/Kaminisky (since they have Noel and Imbid),would trade with the Lakers for a lower lottery draft choice/2nd round pick and J.Hill? They would still be able to get an excellent wing defender/PG

Since JHill is not a starting 5 (though an excellent backup), Lakers need a strong rim protector and offensive threat in the post to have any type of title-contending aspirations.

Clarkson/JLin have recently shown strong potential (finally) to be good to excellent guards
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

LAKER PICKS:
#4. D. Russell
#28. Robert Upshaw
#55. Marcus Paige (UNC)

My hopeful Mock Draft for the Lakers:

if #1 - Karl Anthony Townes or Jahlil Okafor(either one is fine).
if #2 - Karl-Anthony Townes or Jahlil Okafor(either one is fine).
if #3 - D'Angelo Russell
if #4 - Justise Winslow
if #5 - Emmanuel Mudiay, Justise Winslow, or D'Angelo Russell(whichever is left of these three).

#28 - RJ Hunter, Terry Rozier, or Jerian Grant(longshot)
#34 - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
#55 - Rakeem Christmas
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
adkindo wrote:
What would people want to happen, Lakers beat the Clippers so they have a better chance of getting the draft choice or Lakers lost the game to get the worse record

Obvious Answer
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject:

CaliRyderX wrote:
pio2u wrote:

LAKER PICKS:
#4. D. Russell
#28. Robert Upshaw
#55. Marcus Paige (UNC)

My hopeful Mock Draft for the Lakers:

if #1 - Karl Anthony Townes or Jahlil Okafor(either one is fine).
if #2 - Karl-Anthony Townes or Jahlil Okafor(either one is fine).
if #3 - D'Angelo Russell
if #4 - Justise Winslow
if #5 - Emmanuel Mudiay, Justise Winslow, or D'Angelo Russell(whichever is left of these three).

#28 - RJ Hunter, Terry Rozier, or Jerian Grant(longshot)
#34 - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
#55 - Rakeem Christmas

You sir, know what you are talking about
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

So Houston pick is going to be #28, right?

Assumption is that Jerian Grant/Tyus Jones are out of contention. (God, I wish Sam Dekker would be available)

So, RJ Hunter would be the one we grab? What about Robert Upshaw? Would we be willing to gamble on him cleaning up his act ala Whiteside style?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Emmanuel Mudiay is the prize of next years draft if you ask me.... Eventual All-Star PG is written all over him....

.... that would be someone "besides Okafor" and also be "outside of.... Kentucky".... .... and currently slated at pick #2 in the mock draft link posted here (I've actually seen Mudiay at #1 in some other draft scenarios)....

If you can't beat 'em join 'em. It's the age of the PG in the NBA. I'll take the biggest (6'5 200lbs) athletic one. The fact that he's a true PG and not combo guard is icing on the cake (since those are even rarer).

I like Russell alot though. He is a better jump shooter and I could see him dominating games with his IQ like CP3 and Tony Parker. Don't know if he'll ever be as good of a shooter as Steph. But that's no knock on the guy.
It's an amazing age of the pg for sure, and a big true pg is a huge asset. I have not been following intently the overall league this season for obvious reasons, however, generically speaking without a true big pg it is certainly is going to make it much harder to put together a competitive team.

This coming season just might be the most important season in Lakers history, adding via fa and the draft is critical, it will be very difficult to build a team if the wrong decisions are made. Chemistry and talent are hugely important, this season more than past seasons because of the way the draft is designed. This is also critical for all teams not just the Lakers.
With the draft order being decided on the 19th and recognizing the impact Zebo/Gasol is having (even with Allen probably not playing tomorrow), getting Towns or Okafor - even if it means giving up JHill (after they pick up his option) would be the ideal move

With Monte getting fired, maybe Jefferson can be obtained

With Brooks getting fired, maybe Durant is available

Lakers can quickly be a legitimate title-contending team in a very quick turnaround
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Voices wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:

With the draft order being decided on the 19th and recognizing the impact Zebo/Gasol is having (even with Allen probably not playing tomorrow), getting Towns or Okafor - even if it means giving up JHill (after they pick up his option) would be the ideal move

With Monte getting fired, maybe Jefferson can be obtained

With Brooks getting fired, maybe Durant is available

Lakers can quickly be a legitimate title-contending team in a very quick turnaround

Are you thinking Monty Williams being fired in New Orleans (formerly Hornets) and Al Jefferson of Charlotte Hornets?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

Just to verify, do we currently have two 2nd round picks?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

No. Our only 2nd is #34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
epak wrote:

No. Our only 2nd is #34

Thanks!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
22 wrote:
epak wrote:

No. Our only 2nd is #34

Thanks!

No prob epak, wish we had #55 too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: