James Dolan calls angry lifelong Knicks fan an alcoholic asks him to root for the Nets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
And people think jim Buss is the worse owner.

If there was competition for worst, it would be a tight race. In Jim's defense, he knows when to hide.

Not sure what Jim has done to be anywhere near the category of "worst". It's mainly fans that like to make up stuff.

Because he hasn't won a championship in like 4 years. He should have won at least 7 or 8 in that timespan.

His mind boggling coaching hires and having the back to back worst records in Franchise history are not helping his case.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
ocho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If there was competition for worst, it would be a tight race. In Jim's defense, he knows when to hide.

Not sure what Jim has done to be anywhere near the category of "worst". It's mainly fans that like to make up stuff.

Because he hasn't won a championship in like 4 years. He should have won at least 7 or 8 in that timespan.

His mind boggling coaching hires and having the back to back worst records in Franchise history are not helping his case.

Yeah, i can get with you on coaches (his dad had that issue a bit too), but really? You want them to run out and sign monroe so they can win 35 games a year? A rebuild was needed. Painful as it is, they are doing it right.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
ocho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hey man I'm with you on the coaching hires, though it should be noted his father, the best owner in the history of sports, hired Magic Johnson, Mike Dunleavy and Del Harris.

Go complain to a Knicks fan about our plight and see what kind of sympathy you get. Jim Buss has some work to do but he's decades away from achieving the kind of nightmare Dolan has created in New York. We won back to back titles a few years ago. The Knicks are 16 years removed from their last deep playoff run and 42 years removed from their last championship. And on top of all that he attacks fans through email and fronts the single worst blues band in the history of music. One week with Dolan and you'd be on Jim's doorstep with flowers.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
ocho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hey man I'm with you on the coaching hires, though it should be noted his father, the best owner in the history of sports, hired Magic Johnson, Mike Dunleavy and Del Harris.

Go complain to a Knicks fan about our plight and see what kind of sympathy you get. Jim Buss has some work to do but he's decades away from achieving the kind of nightmare Dolan has created in New York. We won back to back titles a few years ago. The Knicks are 16 years removed from their last deep playoff run and 42 years removed from their last championship. And on top of all that he attacks fans through email and fronts the single worst blues band in the history of music. One week with Dolan and you'd be on Jim's doorstep with flowers.

Wow, no love for Pfund?

!...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
ocho wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
ocho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Wow, no love for Pfund?

He was so bad we needed a rePfund.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

http://www.hiyoooo.com/

!...
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Dunleavy took them to the Finals and then coached two Magic-less squads to the playoffs.

Delmer never missed the playoffs and coached them to 61 wins at one time.

I don't look at either as bad hires at the time.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Dunleavy took them to the Finals and then coached two Magic-less squads to the playoffs.

You Would if jim made them...
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

You Would if jim made them...

Thanks for making that assumption for me, but no I wouldn't. It was prety clear that the end of Showtime was near...even with that last Finals appearance in 1991. What happened with Magic closed the window shut. Then it was a matter of picking up the pieces and slowly starting the rebuild. I don't blame any of the coaches, nor were there better coaches out there to do more with the players we had. It was only after we got Shaq that coaching quality became a legitimate issue. I think Del was a great developmental coach for a young team....and in many ways played a big role in improving the team to the point where it was ready to contend and win with a coach like Phil.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Different fan but I saw no point in wasting a new thread on this one

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/04/05/knicks-owner-james-dolan-says-he-called-fan-an-a-hole-because-he-is-an-a-hole/

Quote:
Knicks owner James Dolan says he called fan an a–hole ‘because he is an a–hole’

Knicks owner James Dolan — who has a history of treating fans harshly accusing them of being drunks — treated a fan harshly and accused him of being drunk.

Dave McKenna of Deadspin:

Mike Hamersky, a self-described New York Knicks superfan and season ticket holder from Astoria, claims that team owner James Dolan got in his face last night outside Madison Square Garden and screamed mean things.

“I did call him an (bleep),” Dolan tells me, “because he is an (bleep).”

“Sell the team, Jim!” Hamersky shouted.

Hamersky says Dolan then accused him of being intoxicated, and the owner instructed his security detail to make sure that he not be allowed in the building.

“He had an open bottle of beer and smelled of alcohol, and I told him he wasn’t going in,” Dolan tells me. Dolan adds that his friend and Eagles manager Irving Azoff, who was accompanying the owner during the fracas, agreed that the heckler reeked of booze.

Hamersky denies being intoxicated, saying that he’d come to the Garden straight from instructing a Fordham law class, and wouldn’t have had time to get drunk before the game even if the spirit was willing.

“I didn’t smell of alcohol,” he says.

McKenna has more details of the incident from those there, including Dolan, who mostly makes himself look bad as he explains himself.

The Charles Oakley incident obviously drew the most attention, but this par for the course for Dolan — including digging the hole deeper by talking.

What a “consummate New Yorker.”
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Wow, Dolan is an arrogant bastard.

Makes you appreciate Dr.Buss..
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
ocho wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not to mention one of those coaching hires told us the same thing Dolan told that fan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: