LAKERS -at- CAVS - 2-8-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

Jesus DB. I remember when you'd go through your reads.

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
MWP
Fish
Farmar
Sasha......etc.

Now you begin with Clarkson and Black.

And you have to watch all of it and write it up. I feel for you.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
MWP
Fish
Farmar
Sasha......etc.

Sigh. Hopefully we have a better squad next year but it's pretty unbelievable we went from Pau/Bynum/Odom as our big man rotation to...Sacre/Black/Davis/Boozer/Kelly.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
MWP
Fish
Farmar
Sasha......etc.

Sigh. Hopefully we have a better squad next year but it's pretty unbelievable we went from Pau/Bynum/Odom as our big man rotation to...Sacre/Black/Davis/Boozer/Kelly.

Damn, how could I forget about LO? Makes it even more painful!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
MWP
Fish
Farmar
Sasha......etc.

Yeah, LO was one of my fave recent Lakers. Sad to see him go down like this.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
MWP
Fish
Farmar
Sasha......etc.

Yeah, LO was one of my fave recent Lakers. Sad to see him go down like this.

Yep, he made some bone head plays from time to time, but he came up so big in those two title runs. And he is just a great locker room guy. Sad to see the weight of all he has had to carry combined with the K's bring him to where he has gone.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

Fisher/Lamar were the perfect yin to Kobe's yang. Just balanced out the lockerroom. Now Kobe's the only lion there and no one has the standing to challenge him, not even Nash, who is an absentee Laker.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject:

Finally got around to watching the game. Some good effort in the beginning, but then some dumb defense in several stretches did them in. I'm not sure what exactly they were trying to accomplish with that pick and roll defense. First they let the ball handler go middle, they have the guard go over the screen, they have Davis soft hedge to get in the way of the ball handler, and to stop the roll man they rotate:

1) No one
2) No one, when it should have been Boozer
3) A defender off a three point shooter one pass away

And it's not like they were playing this to stop the pick and pop- this was the scheme they had when Mozgov was the screener. The holes were so obvious that you could see Lebron and Kyrie actively hunting them, reading who the open guy would be before the play even really got started. Just drop the screener's defender all the way to the basket, or park the guy who's guarding the worst 3 pt threat in the paint. Otherwise its a dunk or 3 almost every time.

And then they were finished off by Lebron who we were guarding with a platoon of power forwards and centers. You could see the discouragement in the body language on all the Laker players. It's a long season to go. Hope they don't pick up too many bad habits.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

Hurrican wrote:
Who Takes The Blame wrote:
Hurrican wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lin was dealing with stomach flu??
Ya he was questionable to play today.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/564502726378520578
Quote:
Jeremy Lin has gastroenteritis and is a question mark to play today. He's going to try to warm up and see how he feels.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/564520547338711042
Quote:
J-Lin out for warmups. He'll give it a go today despite the gastroenteritis.
He should of just sat out the game instead of playing.
Agreed. He put an ok stat line but his play was kinda sloppy as DB said and he wasn't playing with the explosiveness like he usually has on O or the movement he usually has on D.
Given that this was a summer league game, it was ok
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Finally got around to watching the game. Some good effort in the beginning, but then some dumb defense in several stretches did them in. I'm not sure what exactly they were trying to accomplish with that pick and roll defense. First they let the ball handler go middle, they have the guard go over the screen, they have Davis soft hedge to get in the way of the ball handler, and to stop the roll man they rotate:

1) No one

And it's not like they were playing this to stop the pick and pop- this was the scheme they had when Mozgov was the screener. The holes were so obvious that you could see Lebron and Kyrie actively hunting them, reading who the open guy would be before the play even really got started. Just drop the screener's defender all the way to the basket, or park the guy who's guarding the worst 3 pt threat in the paint. Otherwise its a dunk or 3 almost every time.

And then they were finished off by Lebron who we were guarding with a platoon of power forwards and centers. You could see the discouragement in the body language on all the Laker players. It's a long season to go. Hope they don't pick up too many bad habits.

and byron keeps on preaching defense. I think he has lost most of the team please trade everyone but rookies and bring up players from d league.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
MWP
Fish
Farmar
Sasha......etc.

Yeah, it may be the saddest starting lineup I've had in my writeups. I do like seeing the young guys get minutes, as that's the only worthwhile take away from these games.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

1) No one

At this stage, let him roll...

and byron keeps on preaching defense. I think he has lost most of the team please trade everyone but rookies and bring up players from d league.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: