Better Call Saul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I interpreted his grabbing the bat to imply that he was already into something -- he already suspected that a knock on his door would be trouble (more so than run of the mill paranoia).

I'm guessing that visit ties into why he is a FORMER police officer. He's clearly got a past where he has made some enemies and is prepared that they may show up anytime. But when the cops show up for him clearly to take him away, he's clearly been knowing they'd show up eventually.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:
My guess for Mike is that he's in some witness protection program.

Hmm. Maybe he sent his son-in-law off to prison. Would explain why cops showed up - part of his program probably precludes him from seeing her. (this is, of course, if she really is his daughter).

Naw, while her seeing him may have triggered those cops showing up, but there's something much deeper to their arrival than a breach of protocol. There's some history there and he knew it was going to catch up to him.

I'm really excited by the turn of events of these last two episodes. There's clearly aspects of Saul we never got a hint of in BB, and we are getting the bonus of finding out Mike's history as well.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
episodes was not that strong. my guess is that Mike's gonna need a lawyer so he better call Saul

Too each his own. I thought it was really intriguing - clearly they are laying the stepping stones to many dynamics that are yet to play out.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

Definitely a great episode. And that talking toilet scene...hardest I have laughed during a television show in a long time.

And by the way, did anyone recognize the doctor? I don't think she was in the credits (unless she is called "nurse" in the credits), and didn't see her on IMDP either.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Drifts wrote:
episodes was not that strong. my guess is that Mike's gonna need a lawyer so he better call Saul

Too each his own. I thought it was really intriguing - clearly they are laying the stepping stones to many dynamics that are yet to play out.

I agree it was great.

I guess the only scene that just dragged out and wasn't funny was the one with the elderly woman. I know it eventually led him to trying elder law, but the scene could have been executed a bit better, IMO.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
And by the way, did anyone recognize the doctor? I don't think she was in the credits (unless she is called "nurse" in the credits), and didn't see her on IMDP either.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0245112/?ref_=tt_cl_t2
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

The Faculty! That's where I recognize her from. Thank you, sir.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

The Faculty! That's where I recognize her from. Thank you, sir.

That's what i searched into imdb to find her.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I guess the only scene that just dragged out and wasn't funny was the one with the elderly woman. I know it eventually led him to trying elder law, but the scene could have been executed a bit better, IMO.

They were making the point of how tedious the work was that he was getting, and the only way to convey that is to make the audience experience a little bit of that tedium. I thought their choice was great -- the woman, who obviously cares a great deal about those porcelain figurines, specifying in great detail who gets what, and under what circumstances, when obviously no one else in the world will care the least bit about them. Despite the fact that it dragged on, I thought it was a great scene.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject:

^ I experienced both view points as that scene played out. First I was thinking "ahhhh, really? they're wasting so much time dragging this out to get their point across or try to make it funny" but then I thought "well they're trying to have the viewers feel Jimmy's frustration and they are succeeding at that".
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I agree it was great.

I don't think that scene was intended to be funny. Just the opposite, I think they utilized that scene to show the drudgery of his work and that he's scraping for every dollar. It worked for me in that regard.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Wilt wrote:

They were making the point of how tedious the work was that he was getting, and the only way to convey that is to make the audience experience a little bit of that tedium. I thought their choice was great -- the woman, who obviously cares a great deal about those porcelain figurines, specifying in great detail who gets what, and under what circumstances, when obviously no one else in the world will care the least bit about them. Despite the fact that it dragged on, I thought it was a great scene.

Hah! Nice to see I am in agreement with one of the great minds here.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I agree it was great.

I don't think that scene was intended to be funny. Just the opposite, I think they utilized that scene to show the drudgery of his work and that he's scraping for every dollar. It worked for me in that regard.

I'm aware what they were trying to do, but I think they've been telling us over and over again (the car, the nail salon office, low pay as a public defender, the multiple scenes involving the parking garage, desperately trying to get clients at any cost, etc.) how miserable his existence is and how he's failed as a lawyer. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want to be tortured as a viewer so they can make a point we understood way back in episode 1. Of course, I'm overstating the torture part, since it is really a minor complaint. It was just one scene in an otherwise solid episode.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject:

So how long before the timeline of BB are these episodes taking place?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
So how long before the timeline of BB are these episodes taking place?

Its supposed to take place in 2002, six years before the start of the timeline for breaking bad.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
I'd say that's just a product of him being several years older than he was while filming BB.

Not to mention when he ruined the buffet at the Harrow Club.

Yeah, not to mention, you're supposed to eat salad not wear it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Been watching BB. Saul was just about the same character there as he is here. Mike was a gangsta.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Good episode.
All about Mike Ehrmantraut.

Explained his story and why he moved from Philly to New Mexico.
Loved the flashback scenes of him in Philly.

Solid performance by Jonathan Banks. Truly the most emotional scenes from Mike that you've ever seen.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Good episode.
All about Mike Ehrmantraut.

Explained his story and why he moved from Philly to New Mexico.
Loved the flashback scenes of him in Philly.

Solid performance by Jonathan Banks. Truly the most emotional scenes from Mike that you've ever seen.

The scene of him on the couch with his daughter in law

The bar scene, stumbling out, tricking the cops. Knowing Mike from BB, you knew it was all a setup but it was still enjoyable to watch it play out maybe because it was a bit Walt White/Heisenberg-esque(I'm gonna play into the fact that you think I'm clueless and use it against you).

Great episode. I know it's Saul's show but I hope that Mike continues to get his fair share of screen time.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Great episode!

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Of any BrBa cast member, it seemed like Johnathan took the most joy and loved his character the most. In a few different interviews he has mentioned exchanging with writers over "what Mike would do", and you can see it bothered him when it was over. I'm really happy he got to do this. Mike isn't a throw in character to dangle the fans with a random toll booth retort, this really worked. No show can fill the TV void of BrBa, but Saul has lived up to expectations and then some.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

^ I'd say it's far exceeding expectations. I expected it to be pretty good but it has become the show I look forward to the most every week now.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

That was GOOD.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject:

That was a great episode one that could compete with some of BBs top episodes. I hope this becomes the Saul and Mike show.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

I did not think the show would be something I liked. Thought too much comedy won't live up to breaking bad....kept my expectations low

Like others ^^ have said, this show farrrr exceeded my expectations....wow..

So mikes son tried to be a good guy then was a bad guy but the badly guys thought he was too good guy, so mike had to become the bad guy?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17
Jump to: