Better Call Saul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Slower episode than 2-4 but still entertaining.

The look on Saul's face when the nut offered him $1M retainer fee was priceless. Barely a subtle twitch but it captured exactly how I would have felt if I was in his shoes. Awesome.

Glad Mike's going to start getting some air time.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

^ was thinking the exact same thing. Still the best show on AMC.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Saul thought he was in the millionaire's club for a second.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Aaaand.... the next scene is "tony the toilet buddy".
Really funny episode so far.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

that toilet scene was hilarious
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I cracked up on his "new clients" He did go in a new direction dealing with the elderly. I knew he wouldn't stay long as a attorney for the elderly.

Want that in cash? The sexual toilet was chuckle worthy.

I was wondering how they were going to integrate Mike into the series. Seems he has an estranged daughter and a sordid past. Saul is going to defend him. It's time for Saul to show he's really a good lawyer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I cracked up on his "new clients" He did go in a new direction dealing with the elderly. I knew he wouldn't stay long as a attorney for the elderly.

I was wondering how they were going to integrate Mike into the series. Seems he has an estranged daughter and a sordid past. Saul is going to defend him. It's time for Saul to show he's really a good lawyer.

Didn't his granddaughter play a role in Breaking Bad? IIRC wasn't he putting money away for her or something? Or was it his daughter?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Didn't his granddaughter play a role in Breaking Bad? IIRC wasn't he putting money away for her or something? Or was it his daughter?

I looked at her youth and gave her daughter. I gave that relation because it seemed as though they were estranged.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Mike does SOMETHING to get back in good graces with his daughter. Seemed like maybe there was some bad blood there when they crossed paths. If that is his daughter. I recall scenes from BB where Mike is at the park with his granddaughter... and such. I have a feeling his back story is going to own.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I recall scenes from BB where Mike is at the park with his granddaughter... and such. I have a feeling his back story is going to own.

Forgot about that. That's why I like checking this thread...I can't remember the backstory...or forward story...or whatever it is of some of these characters when it relates to BB.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Mike does SOMETHING to get back in good graces with his daughter. Seemed like maybe there was some bad blood there when they crossed paths. If that is his daughter. I recall scenes from BB where Mike is at the park with his granddaughter... and such. I have a feeling his back story is going to own.

Yes, this is what I was thinking of.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Has Gus been confirmed to be in this season yet? Can't tell Mike and Saul's stories without eventually running into the big fish
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Has Gus been confirmed to be in this season yet? Can't tell Mike and Saul's stories without eventually running into the big fish

Can't tell Mike's story. If I remember correctly, Saul never actually *met* Gus. Also, can't wait for when Saul changes his name
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I've noticed they have made Mike look run down and ragged these first few episodes. (anyone else?) We all KNOW he is a legit badass... I'm thinking next episode he's going to turn that corner. When he was at home and got the knock on the door... he grabbed the bat and I couldn't help but grin.

As I think about it further, his Granddaughter (Kaylee) MIGHT even be from his son. Maybe that was his Daughter-in-law in the car. It's possible the son is in jail or dead. This would add an extra layer to things and explain why Mike seemed EXTRA set on spending time with her and getting her that money. ???
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject:

I interpreted his grabbing the bat to imply that he was already into something -- he already suspected that a knock on his door would be trouble (more so than run of the mill paranoia).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

My guess for Mike is that he's in some witness protection program.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Hmm. Maybe he sent his son-in-law off to prison. Would explain why cops showed up - part of his program probably precludes him from seeing her. (this is, of course, if she really is his daughter).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:

Hmm. Maybe he sent his son-in-law off to prison. Would explain why cops showed up - part of his program probably precludes him from seeing her. (this is, of course, if she really is his daughter).

Kind of odd though that a witness protection program would conveniently send Mike to the city in America where his daughter coincidentally lives in (if these two things are true).
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

episodes was not that strong. my guess is that Mike's gonna need a lawyer so he better call Saul
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
episodes was not that strong. my guess is that Mike's gonna need a lawyer so he better call Saul

That's my guess too. He gave him his business card in the last episode.

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I've noticed they have made Mike look run down and ragged these first few episodes. (anyone else?) We all KNOW he is a legit badass... I'm thinking next episode he's going to turn that corner. When he was at home and got the knock on the door... he grabbed the bat and I couldn't help but grin.

As I think about it further, his Granddaughter (Kaylee) MIGHT even be from his son. Maybe that was his Daughter-in-law in the car. It's possible the son is in jail or dead. This would add an extra layer to things and explain why Mike seemed EXTRA set on spending time with her and getting her that money. ???

I'd say that's just a product of him being several years older than he was while filming BB.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:

Kind of odd though that a witness protection program would conveniently send Mike to the city in America where his daughter coincidentally lives in (if these two things are true).

Maybe just a restraining order then. Her husband hit her - Mike beat the (bleep) out of him (regretting his once having taken a half-measure), and his daughter filed a TRO.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:

Maybe just a restraining order then. Her husband hit her - Mike beat the (bleep) out of him (regretting his once having taken a half-measure), and his daughter filed a TRO.

Lol, the daughter would be one of the biggest morons in existence were that the case.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I'd say that's just a product of him being several years older than he was while filming BB.

Not to mention when he ruined the buffet at the Harrow Club.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Other than when he takes Saul down when he tries to ditch his car in the ticket line maybe. Maybe it's just me, but Mike hasn't looked run down and haggard at all. He's looked like a dude who isn't going to take any BS and doesn't get dragged into arguing with fools.

And we totally see the Mike Ehrmantraut we know and love at the end of the episode when he gets the knock at his door - prepared for anything, but knowing how to play his cards.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17
Jump to: