Chapel Hill Shooting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prestige
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Chapel Hill Shooting

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/11/us/chapel-hill-shooting/index.html

3 people were shot in the head execution style by their neighbor in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The suspect turned himself in to the police and is being charged with a triple homicide
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Nut job for sure.

Sounds like one of those "atheists" (if you can really call him that) that took his atheism like it was a religion, and felt he was better than people that were religious.

He also obviously had anger management issues.

Neighbors do get pissed at things like parking. It can easily blow up into something big. But I'm sure his mental problems and personal beliefs did play a role in his actions.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

haha funny thing is, this happened on tuesday. no major news outlet said a thing about it until the entire world started talking about.

imagine if a muslim had killed three people execution style. yea...
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

Although it's an easy thing to label and group people...I don't think atheists are "groupable".

You can't lump people together by a lack of belief. This is why there is no "Athiest Church".

This guy was a loon, and it appears that the dispute was over a parking space.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Nut job for sure.

Sounds like one of those "atheists" (if you can really call him that) that took his atheism like it was a religion, and felt he was better than people that were religious.

LOL you make it sound like atheists normally go around shooting people.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Nut job for sure.

That's why I put it in quotes.

He calls himself an atheist, but from his Facebook it looks like he treated it like it was a religion.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Although it's an easy thing to label and group people...I don't think atheists are "groupable".

You can't lump people together by a lack of belief. This is why there is no "Athiest Church".

This guy was a loon, and it appears that the dispute was over a parking space.

What's your definition of "groupable?"

From Athiest Communty of Austin

LINK

Regular Sunday Meetings (church?), Monthly Lectures, Meet-up after The Atheist Experience and Board Meetings could be construed as "groupable."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that's horrible...two of them in dental school, too. The victims were obviously hard workers, and had a bright future ahead of them.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
haha funny thing is, this happened on tuesday. no major news outlet said a thing about it until the entire world started talking about.

Muslims executing Muslims happens every day on the international news level.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I actually saw it all over my news feed every day since it happened.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

This seems premeditated. His wife is probably just trying to save him from the death penalty by saying it was over a parking space. This guy threatened them before and appears to be hostile in his social media posts. Such a sad loss. What a POS.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
This seems premeditated. His wife is probably just trying to save him from the death penalty by saying it was over a parking space. This guy threatened them before and appears to be hostile in his social media posts. Such a sad loss. What a POS.

I thought I read somewhere that he had problems with other neighbors too.

Basically he's the neighbor that is a total ass and over reacts to everything. He thinks he's king and doesn't know how to interact with lowly subjects. I'm sure he didn't like them being Muslim. But I'm also sure that he thinks Christians, Buddhists, and everything in between are idiots too.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that he had problems with other neighbors too.

Basically he's the neighbor that is a total ass and over reacts to everything. He thinks he's king and doesn't know how to interact with lowly subjects. I'm sure he didn't like them being Muslim. But I'm also sure that he thinks Christians, Buddhists, and everything in between are idiots too.

You may be right:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/13/us/chapel-hill-neighbors-say-they-felt-threatened-by-man-held-in-killings.html?partner=socialflow&;smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Quote:

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — Neighbors knew Craig Stephen Hicks. He was the angry man on Summerwalk Circle, they said — irritated about noise, irascible about parking, hostile to religion. And armed.

None of them, of course, could foresee that he might be charged with murdering three people in a neighboring apartment on Tuesday: two sisters, Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, and Yusor's husband, Deah Shaddy Barakat — all of them Muslim. But some neighbors felt threatened by his behavior.

“I have seen and heard him be very unfriendly to a lot of people in this community,” said Samantha Maness, a resident of the complex. She said that Mr. Hicks had displayed “equal opportunity anger” and that “he kind of made everyone feel uncomfortable and unsafe.”
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Execution style killing has to show forethought. At least the level of in-moment consciousness that excludes him from the same kind of insanity defense that Chris Kyle's killer is going for.

Hicks, a 46-year-old former auto parts dealer who has been studying to become a paralegal, appears to have functioned as a self-appointed watchman in the complex.

Ugh. Where have I seen a freak like this before?

Cynthia Hurley, who said she was married to Mr. Hicks years ago, said she had been unsettled by his enthusiasm for a 1993 film, “Falling Down,” which depicts a man violently lashing out at society. “He watched it incessantly. He thought it was hilarious. He had no compassion at all.”

Think about it!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Cynthia Hurley, who said she was married to Mr. Hicks years ago, said she had been unsettled by his enthusiasm for a 1993 film, “Falling Down,” which depicts a man violently lashing out at society. “He watched it incessantly. He thought it was hilarious. He had no compassion at all.”

Think about it!

eighty-fi cen

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Think about it!

eighty-fi cen

Ha ha. Ahh, you bastard, you got me. You know that's my favorite line. Love that guy. Adjusts belt, rude voice, no eye contact: "Eighty-fi cen". FI-VUH! There's a V in five!

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Think about it!

eighty-fi cen

Ha ha. Ahh, you bastard, you got me. You know that's my favorite line. Love that guy. Adjusts belt, rude voice, no eye contact: "Eighty-fi cen". FI-VUH! There's a V in five!

I feel a little like D-Fens anytime I'm forced to go to El Gualmart.

I learned for the first time from that movie that there are bad parts of Pasadena.

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Nut job for sure.

Who does?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Execution style killing has to show forethought. At least the level of in-moment consciousness that excludes him from the same kind of insanity defense that Chris Kyle's killer is going for.

Hicks, a 46-year-old former auto parts dealer who has been studying to become a paralegal, appears to have functioned as a self-appointed watchman in the complex.

Think about it!

Yeah, this guy is a classic serial killer. Feelings of superiority mixed with an inferiority complex wide enough to fit a mack truck through combined with a paranoia and a sense of entitlement based not on accomplishment but rather his interpretation of his worth. Mix that with a bunch of different people. i.e. college and graduate students who were of a different hue and religion, a few guns, minor squabbles over trivial matters, time to stew and voila! Three young lives snuffed out in an instant that was this dudes entire lifetime in the making.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Nut job for sure.

Who does?

Drug dealers, military personal, mercenaries.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Think about it!

Yeah, this guy is a classic serial killer. Feelings of superiority mixed with an inferiority complex wide enough to fit a mack truck through combined with a paranoia and a sense of entitlement based not on accomplishment but rather his interpretation of his worth. Mix that with a bunch of different people. i.e. college and graduate students who were of a different hue and religion, a few guns, minor squabbles over trivial matters, time to stew and voila! Three young lives snuffed out in an instant that was this dudes entire lifetime in the making.

You've seen Falling Down, right? Mr. Hick(no -s) a D-Fens in the flesh. I don't doubt at all that he had everything you listed roiling around in his mind at one time or another. Probably 3 scoops of "the world has held me back" feelings. His wife's excuses about him being equal oppty and of siding with Muslims on certain issues doesn't preclude him from being racist either. Him fancying the notion that he isn't one means nothing. In general, most people are unwilling to admit to being something that is considered by the majority to be negative. He wouldn't be the first average white American male who was that way, might as well put that on the table (brass tacks). His wife is fooling herself or is a fool if she thinks someone who confronts people with a gun on his hip and makes 3 kids of a minority group lie down to shoot them over a parking space doesn't have some kind of prejudice.

As far as I'm concerned, the thing that strongly suggests it is the choice of executing them, big difference between that and just randomly popping off his gun in a blind rage. That's a purely vicious act and one that people like that fantasize about (lining up people and mowing them down, etc). The fact that he liked Falling Down to a point where it turned it into a statement about who he was is a winning point. It takes an ex-wife to tell it like it really is and they usually can't wait for the opportunity to do so, but I digress. It's doubly interesting that Douglas' character didn't claim to be racist, but his beefs were mostly with ethnic characters and he distanced himself from blatant racists like Hick purportedly does. He also had a problem with minor annoyances (10am breakfast cutoff, eighty-fi cen sodas) and with authority. It's interesting that he was supposed to be against discrimination and look what he wound up doing. Also the minor annoyances like who parked where. He felt he was above life's hiccups and further, he acted as if he were duly appointed to make petty rulings that others had to submit to, like George Z. As far as authority, his disdain for organized religion may be what subs for D-Fens' disdain for police authority.

D-Fens was to this guy what Travis Bickle was to John Hinckley, Holden Caulfield was to Mark Chapman, the movie Heat was to the "High Incident Bandits" (Hollywood bank robbers), Ruby Ridge was to McVeigh, and Communist propaganda was to Oswald. All these killers were already psychologically "off" to begin with. Their lives not going the way they expected them to all preceded their crimes and their weak ass self-esteem needed to find warped inspiration to justify themselves.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

I've seen people get very emotionally charged over parking spaces, so I would never discount it as a possible motive for something like this, especially if this guy had a propensity to let things fester with his anger. It wouldn't shock me if the guy was a Islamophobe/xenophobe either, who knows, and who (bleep) cares. Whether this guy hated them for being Muslim, or hated them for being perceived (bleep) over parking spaces, he was still motivated by the same emotion and it's (likely) premeditation either way. People who desperately try to argue over something they don't know (bleep) about (what this guy was actually thinking when he decided to do this,) just want to win the "what to blame" game, so they can use it as ammunition against that thing on a societal level. So wow, a multiple homicide, in a country full of multiple homicides, lets put a ton of sociopolitical significance on this event, even though it's statistically insignificant. The whore media will vulture upon any tragedy they can spin into something political, they know that's what gets people going emotionally, and therefore gets them ratings and hits.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Nut job for sure.

Who does?

You forgot Dick Cheney.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
focus wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Nut job for sure.

Who does?

You forgot Dick Cheney.

What, no mention of DA POLICE???

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
focus wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Nut job for sure.

Who does?

You forgot Dick Cheney.

What, no mention of DA POLICE???

Low hanging fruit.

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: