Thomas Robinson

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Thomas Robinson

Rumor is he's going to be bought out by the Nuggets, who just acquired him. Apparently he was nothing more than salary cap ballast to complete the Afflalo trade.

What is going on with this guy? Here's a player who has the size and athleticism to be an excellent NBA player. His skills are not as advertised when he was the 5th pick in the draft, but you don't hear anything too negative about him either. He just seems sort of ... lost.

He's not yet 24. I hope that, if he is bought out, the Lakers at least consider giving him an audition for the rest of the season. Depending on how the roster shakes out, he could be part of a good young PF stable alongside Randle and Kelly.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

It's not the skills.

He was overrated athletically. It's odd really. But the guy can still be a quality player to years to come. The skill level hasn't caught up quite yet.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

I've watched him and liked what I have seen. Seems odd that he isn't that valued. Probably in the same category as an Ed Davis type player. Potential is still there, but, at some point, you are what you are.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: