Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: May 2, 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
the funny thing about the fight was that Floyd knew he was fighting a one-armed man... and still run away from the fight. of course, the Floyd bias worked to perfection, it's like he's got the judges under his spell... as I've called it time and time again. Manny initiated the contact, if it was somebody else not named Floyd, Manny would have been the runaway winner. but it's Floyd's hometown, it's Floyd's system, he is judged differently than the rest. heck, Manny can't even get a simple painkiller while Floyd gets his.

beating a one-armed man was not the accomplishment, it was earning 250 million doing it.

Good Drifts, Good.

Let the butthurt flow through you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Floyd Mayweather 47–0 (26 KO)

Manny Pacquiao 57–5–2 (38 KO)

Manny Pacquiao net worth $175 million

Floyd Mayweather net worth $380 million

Floyd all the way to the BANK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BuDdHaLlAh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

http://www.eyeonthenation.com/historic-fight-pacquiao-volunteered-las-vegas-orphanage-mayweather-spent-1-2-million-champagne-read-inspiring-story-real-winner-2/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

BuDdHaLlAh wrote:
http://www.eyeonthenation.com/historic-fight-pacquiao-volunteered-las-vegas-orphanage-mayweather-spent-1-2-million-champagne-read-inspiring-story-real-winner-2/

Pacuiao's a better man than Mayweather, not a better fighter.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

^ is he though? I mean that's not really something any of us can say. Sure Floyd is a POS who's beat women. And Manny has cheated on his wife. They're both flawed men who I don't really respect. I think the difference is Manny is trying to be a hero in the public's eye while Floyd couldn't care less. I mean if you're gonna do something nice, why do you have to make sure people know you're doing it so you get credit? Seems more selfish than selfless IMO.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ is he though? I mean that's not really something any of us can say. Sure Floyd is a POS who's beat women. And Manny has cheated on his wife. They're both flawed men who I don't really respect. I think the difference is Manny is trying to be a hero in the public's eye while Floyd couldn't care less. I mean if you're gonna do something nice, why do you have to make sure people know you're doing it so you get credit? Seems more selfish than selfless IMO.

Conceded. We don't know, that's JMO.

ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

And Floyd does not still get respected(except by his fanatics). He is always gets a boo. Even his uncle Roger wants a rematch so Floyd could prove himself.

Judges cards are hallucination. Pac beat Floyd. Pac is the true winner. Most neutral fans who re watch the fight though Pac won.
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
jodeke wrote:

And Floyd does not still get respected(except by his fanatics). He is always gets a boo. Even his uncle Roger wants a rematch so Floyd could prove himself.

Judges cards are hallucination. Pac beat Floyd. Pac is the true winner. Most neutral fans who re watch the fight though Pac won.
ryan stop that lying my filipino friend. stop it. the only people who could stretch their imagination to say floyd didnt beat manny are homeland fans just like yourself. I'm going to have to call one of my old buddies(filipino) that put me up on manny way before the hype hit big. He loves boxing and is as neutral as a filipino can be watching a manny fight. I know good and well he will say Floyd won that fight. Only crazed Fili fans think manny won. Oh... and crazy manny said he won too. lol.
Ryan i have nothing but love for you. But there's no way in hell you're going to convince anyone that the sky is pink with orange stripes. Not today..and not tomorrow.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

Deleted by self.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu May 21, 2015 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Agree to an extent. I like Manny and by nearly all accounts he's a genuinely humble, good guy but IMO he's putting that image out there more so for his political aspirations than anything else. All the lifestyle changes and "finding God" came after he lost his first political election... his career in politics took off soon after that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Agree to an extent. I like Manny and by nearly all accounts he's a genuinely humble, good guy but IMO he's putting that image out there more so for his political aspirations than anything else. All the lifestyle changes and "finding God" came after he lost his first political election... his career in politics took off soon after that.

I don't think Manny's manufacturing a image, I believe he's what he portrays, a caring man.

I hope Floyd is the one manufacturing. If he's a POS so be it. I hope it's a facade.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You say judges cards are hallucinations. Manny fans like you (and his fanatics) are

LINK

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Thu May 21, 2015 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I bet you wouldn't have said that if they scored the fight for Pacman...
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Have you ever been to the Philippines or to another 3rd world country? If not, then I don't think you really understand how much Manny is trying to do for the country as a whole.

Hell, when they're explaining Manny's level of poverty, that's majority of the country too. So, the fact that Manny is building the 1st Hospital in his province and trying to raise money for the poverty level to improve somewhat says a whole lot about what Manny has become, not necessarily who he might have been in the past.

Let's put it this way, if the poor in the Philippines saw how the poor in the US were treated (with welfare, homeless shelters, food stamps, etc.), they would all consider that as the equivalent to hitting the lottery!

Another thing to keep in mind, the dollar here translates to anything from 30-50 Pesos over there, depending on the market. That's how bad it is in a 3rd world country. It's so easy to be on the outside, looking in, not giving credit where true credit is due. So, it's fine if people feel that Manny isn't a "great" fighter. That's a matter of opinion. But let's not diminish the fact that the dude is doing 10X's more than most professional athletes would do for their country. And also keep in mind, it's American broadcasters that like to sensationalize, not Filipino broadcasters. So, if what you take away from the footage is somebody being "fake" for political reasons, then I feel sorry for your negative outlook on it all.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!

Last edited by Laker_Dynasty on Thu May 21, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sorry, Ryan. I'm a proud Fil-Am, born and raised here and always looking to support fellow Pinoys and Pinays (much like I do JC and the fact that he made 1st team all Rookie), but there's absolutely no way (even after watching the replay) that I see Manny having won that fight. Best case would have been a draw, but he allowed Floyd to control the tempo of the fight and on top of that, did not land consistently the most clean/effective punching. Much of the reason that the punch count was so low, was due to Manny allowing Floyd to control the pace. There's no way, in anyone's right and neutral mind, that a true boxing fan could say that the pace was controlled by Manny. Just judging from all of Manny's fights, through his entire career, that was the slowest paced fight he's ever fought and it was all due to Floyd's ability to control tempo. Whether that be due to his excessive clinching, or movement, or defense...point is, Floyd has fought many of his fights, just like he did against Manny. Manny has NEVER ever fought with that low of a punch count and never had as much difficulty landing clean/effective punches on an opponent. If Manny won the fight against Floyd, then Bradley won the fight against Manny, 100%. Even the decision that Manny lost to Eric Morales, he had a higher punch count, activity level, and clean/effective punches.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

hoopla wrote:
ryan stop that lying my filipino friend. stop it. the only people who could stretch their imagination to say floyd didnt beat manny are homeland fans just like yourself. I'm going to have to call one of my old buddies(filipino) that put me up on manny way before the hype hit big. He loves boxing and is as neutral as a filipino can be watching a manny fight. I know good and well he will say Floyd won that fight. Only crazed Fili fans think manny won. Oh... and crazy manny said he won too. lol.
Ryan i have nothing but love for you. But there's no way in hell you're going to convince anyone that the sky is pink with orange stripes. Not today..and not tomorrow.

Don't make things up. If you will look at other forums/youtube comments etc, many none Filipino thinks Pacquiao won. Many none Pacquiao fans thinks Pacquiao won.

Many fans thought Floyd put an anemic display against Pac and he lost. It's the reason why he gets booed all over America

Mayweather being booed all over America
http://ringobserver.com/articles/mayweather-being-booed-all-over-america

Last edited by ryan_c on Thu May 21, 2015 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Sorry, Ryan. I'm a proud Fil-Am, born and raised here and always looking to support fellow Pinoys and Pinays (much like I do JC and the fact that he made 1st team all Rookie), but there's absolutely no way (even after watching the replay) that I see Manny having won that fight. Best case would have been a draw, but he allowed Floyd to control the tempo of the fight and on top of that, did not land consistently the most clean/effective punching. Much of the reason that the punch count was so low, was due to Manny allowing Floyd to control the pace. There's no way, in anyone's right and neutral mind, that a true boxing fan could say that the pace was controlled by Manny. Just judging from all of Manny's fights, through his entire career, that was the slowest paced fight he's ever fought and it was all due to Floyd's ability to control tempo. Whether that be due to his excessive clinching, or movement, or defense...point is, Floyd has fought many of his fights, just like he did against Manny. Manny has NEVER ever fought with that low of a punch count and never had as much difficulty landing clean/effective punches on an opponent. If Manny won the fight against Floyd, then Bradley won the fight against Manny, 100%. Even the decision that Manny lost to Eric Morales, he had a higher punch count, activity level, and clean/effective punches.

Dude watch the fight at slow mo or 60 fps. Pac won the fight as he landed more cleaner punches. Now what you are telling is an opinion. If you think Floyd won, fine. But other people also think Pacquiao won. And you can't force your opinion to others.

Most of Floyd's jab missed or blocked. Even at amateur level, the rule states that punches that are judged to have no force behind them do not score points(what more with professional boxing).

There is a preconceived notation going in Floyd's favor. Floyd also lost the first Maidana fight. Maidana landed the harder punches and made Floyd fight his fight.

According to some ,Floyd beat Pac because of his "ring generalship." But this ring generalship is just an illusion because Pac landed more cleaner punches.

Well, where was his ring generalship against Maidana when he fought, as he was pinned in the corner taking hard shots all night, and responding with bull****????

The look on Floyd's face after the Maidana fight was over told the entire story. He thought he lost.

The standards to beat Floyd are ridiculous. You shouldn't have to KNOCK someone out to beat them.

That's insane.

I'm lucky enough to have two functional eyes. I saw who won. Even Floyd's dad is telling Floyd he is losing the fight on his corner. And Now Roger wants Floyd to rematch Pac for his legacy.

Last edited by ryan_c on Thu May 21, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 8 times in total
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Replace Floyd's face there with Bradley's face and Pac will be the winner there. Judges have preconceived notion for Floyd and against Pac. I already told before, one of the judges even mentioned that the reason he scored the fight against Pac(previous fight) is because he did not destroy his opponent like what he did to Cotto. That reasoning is ridiculous.

Many fans thought Floyd put a bad display against Pac and he lost. It's the reason why he gets booed all over America

Even Roger wants Floyd to rematch Pac. He told he needs to prove himself against Pac for his legacy. Deep in his heart Roger knows Floyd lost that fight and that Floyd has lethargic performance against an injured Pac.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Replace Floyd's face there with Bradley's face and Pac will be the winner there. Judges have preconceived notion for Floyd and against Pac. I already told before, one of the judges even mentioned that the reason he scored the fight against Pac(previous fight) is because he did not destroy his opponent like what he did to Cotto. That reasoning is ridiculous.

Many fans thought Floyd put a bad display against Pac and he lost. It's the reason why he gets booed all over America

Even Roger wants Floyd to rematch Pac. He told he needs to prove himself against Pac for his legacy. Deep in his heart Roger knows Floyd lost that fight and that Floyd has lethargic performance against an injured Pac.

reason why he gets booed all over America is because of his out of the ring BS. We're in a serious depression with people losing their jobs and money hard to come by and this dude is on the TV burning money, constantly flaunting his wealth, etc.

Skills are never questioned ..... people are pissed because they wanted the one guy who they thought could work Floyd get outBOXED. Floyd's not a fighter, he's a boxer. People were expecting him to go toe to toe wth Manny. That's stupid. Everyone else went toe to toe with Manny and lost. He outsmarted him and outboxed him. And now that Manny has fell, people are now like Floyd, go fight GGG at 154. If he beats GGG, Floyd go after that 50th win at a catchweight of 215 vs Klitschko.

Three judges saw it the same way. HBO and Showtime crews saw it the same as them. Newspaper people around the ring saw it the same way as them. I know it's disappointed to watch Pac get countered but it's time to let it go .... especially since his shoulder injury since 2008 per Arum ....... people expected a fight and got a boxing match. They didn't receive what they paid for. Can't blame Floyd. He's been fighting like this for years.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
ryan_c wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

reason why he gets booed all over America is because of his out of the ring BS. We're in a serious depression with people losing their jobs and money hard to come by and this dude is on the TV burning money, constantly flaunting his wealth, etc.

Skills are never questioned ..... people are pissed because they wanted the one guy who they thought could work Floyd get outBOXED. Floyd's not a fighter, he's a boxer. People were expecting him to go toe to toe wth Manny. That's stupid. Everyone else went toe to toe with Manny and lost. He outsmarted him and outboxed him. And now that Manny has fell, people are now like Floyd, go fight GGG at 154. If he beats GGG, Floyd go after that 50th win at a catchweight of 215 vs Klitschko.

Three judges saw it the same way. HBO and Showtime crews saw it the same as them. Newspaper people around the ring saw it the same way as them. I know it's disappointed to watch Pac get countered but it's time to let it go .... especially since his shoulder injury since 2008 per Arum ....... people expected a fight and got a boxing match. They didn't receive what they paid for. Can't blame Floyd. He's been fighting like this for years.

For the naked eye of human, they will miss a lot of things without re watching the fight(specially at lower fps). As I told, many thought Pacquiao won after re watching the fight. And who can forget the preconceived notation favoring Floyd. And Roger is not convinced with what his nephew did in the ring.

Arum is a lawyer and know his things. Of course he will tell that Pacquiao is okay to lessen the impact of lawsuit. But Pac did get a surgery.
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ryan_c wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

For the naked eye of human, they will miss a lot of things without re watching the fight(specially at lower fps). As I told, many thought Pacquiao won after re watching the fight. And who can forget the preconceived notation favoring Floyd. And Roger is not convinced with what his nephew did in the ring.

Arum is a lawyer and know his things. Of course he will tell that Pacquiao is okay to lessen the impact of lawsuit. But Pac did get a surgery.
wait... hold on guys. hollllld on. Did this guy just say watch it at a different FPS? ya killing me larrrryyy. I dont think i have ever heard someone say watch a boxing match in a different FPS to see who really won. NOt even in a legit close match or draw.

This is how and why i know my friend Ryan is delusional at this point.

Ryan and others, please take some time to watch all of this video. Ryan, I want you to dispute every technical point this guy made about the fight.

hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

oh and for the record i saw that youtube video slowing down some of the shots(not all...lol conveniently. ) What i saw in slo mo is what i saw is fast mo. Floyd beat manny. Both guys looked like they couldnt quite gadge the distance/reach/height of the other guy most of the fight except for a few good times.

You could see mayweather literally throwing nice counters right over manny's head as manny only slightly ducks. You could see manny hitting air trying to counter mayweather or throw his lunge punches. but in the end, you saw pac land a couple of good ones while in the middle of the ring. not many at all while floyd was on the ropes. and those are the ones people would like counted. In slow motion it really shows how good floyd's defense really is. he's moving his face out of the way by mm's or cm's. he's turning his shoulder making pac hit the side of his shoulder and slide off(not a counted punch). Manny does a lot of just swinging with speed when he has a guy in the corner. But floyd understands distance and how to move his body to make a punch glaze him and slide off of his shoulder or side of his body. These are the same punches every fight that loses to him wish could count. but they dont. thats superb defense. You also saw exactly what that above video referenced with may's counters. What you also didnt see is may weather running most of the fight. Which is what all the mayweather haters swore by. if they call ducking a punch or moving your shoulders running then they are truly trying to get a boxers head knocked clean off. so sorry Fili fans, no matter how you guys slice it. pacman took that L.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Dude watch the fight at slow mo or 60 fps. Pac won the fight as he landed more cleaner punches. Now what you are telling is an opinion. If you think Floyd won, fine. But other people also think Pacquiao won. And you can't force your opinion to others.

Most of Floyd's jab missed or blocked. Even at amateur level, the rule states that punches that are judged to have no force behind them do not score points(what more with professional boxing).

There is a preconceived notation going in Floyd's favor. Floyd also lost the first Maidana fight. Maidana landed the harder punches and made Floyd fight his fight.

According to some ,Floyd beat Pac because of his "ring generalship." But this ring generalship is just an illusion because Pac landed more cleaner punches.

Well, where was his ring generalship against Maidana when he fought, as he was pinned in the corner taking hard shots all night, and responding with bull****????

The look on Floyd's face after the Maidana fight was over told the entire story. He thought he lost.

The standards to beat Floyd are ridiculous. You shouldn't have to KNOCK someone out to beat them.

That's insane.

I'm lucky enough to have two functional eyes. I saw who won. Even Floyd's dad is telling Floyd he is losing the fight on his corner. And Now Roger wants Floyd to rematch Pac for his legacy.

I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone. If there's anyone that's trying to impose their opinion on anyone, it's you on everyone else. It's not a good look.

The judges and public don't have the luxury of watching a fight at the slow frame rate, just to pinpoint all the punches. If everyone did that with every single fight, then there'd be no point to real live events or judges.

Just let it go and stop being so angry. Take pride in Manny regardless of the outcome. To me, the more prideful and TRUE supporters are the ones that don't try to make excuses or justifications. They just take whatever happens and move on to hopefully bigger and better things.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
ryan_c wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

That's insane.

I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone. If there's anyone that's trying to impose their opinion on anyone, it's you on everyone else. It's not a good look.

The judges and public don't have the luxury of watching a fight at the slow frame rate, just to pinpoint all the punches. If everyone did that with every single fight, then there'd be no point to real live events or judges.

Just let it go and stop being so angry. Take pride in Manny regardless of the outcome. To me, the more prideful and TRUE supporters are the ones that don't try to make excuses or justifications. They just take whatever happens and move on to hopefully bigger and better things.

I think he has a hard time accepting the loss...its ok.............
I don't think Jodeke is helping, he's putting it to him....
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

hoopla wrote:

This is how and why i know my friend Ryan is delusional at this point.

Ryan and others, please take some time to watch all of this video. Ryan, I want you to dispute every technical point this guy made about the fight.

So because somebody thinks Floyd lost he is already delusional? You are just bias for Floyd. That video is bias. All it only shows are what Floyd did good.It does not show what Pacquiao did good. If you don't know, Wilson Kayden is bias against Pac. He has many videos(before the Pac vs Floyd fight) that are clearly bias against Pac.And that video only shows a part of the fight. You should look at the whole fight.

The whole 12 round with slow mo showed compu box is very inaccurate and Pac landed more cleaner punches.

Last edited by ryan_c on Fri May 22, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 7 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 56 of 59
Jump to: