Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: May 2, 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Moving this post to General boxing thread.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!

Last edited by Laker_Dynasty on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, Floyd didn't want Lampley to do the play-by-play, and wasn't happy that he ended up getting the gig

http://thaboxingvoice.com/mayweather-lampley-mayweather-not-happy-with-lampley-doing-play-by-play/40989?var=no

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Apparently, Floyd didn't want Lampley to do the play-by-play, and wasn't happy that he ended up getting the gig

http://thaboxingvoice.com/mayweather-lampley-mayweather-not-happy-with-lampley-doing-play-by-play/40989?var=no

Floyd is just bitter at all of HBO.. hah

Lampley isn't my favorite, but I do not mind him.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Floyd is just bitter at all of HBO.. hah

Lampley isn't my favorite, but I do not mind him.

Out of all the boxing blow-by-blow guys, I think Lampley has the most entertaining (without being completely irritating) voice to listen to.

The guy I can't stand listening to is Mauro! That guy is just awful to listen to and a lot of times, calls things wrong.

In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Lampley is a major Pacquiao homer and it bleeds out during the commentary.
Floyd is anti Hbo and I'm sure we'll hear more grumbling along the way.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Lampley should be the one doing it, he's the best of this generation.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
harold is pretty spot on.

the problem with Manny is that he doesn't cut off the ring very well. So he'll end up chasing floyd around all night. Even Algieri was running a lot.. and did decently when he boxed and ran.

Tim Bradley does the same thing.. box and run.. that's how he was given the nod in the first fight. Manny wasn't able to dominate him like he'd been doing to other fighters so 2 out of the 3 judges thought bradley won.

Floyd is light years beyond all these guys.. he'll touch up manny and get out of there. Manny's still good enough to hit him.. but he won't do that much damage.

that's why GGG would beat floyd. He cuts off the ring and goes to the body a lot.

GGG is to big for Floyd. He'd probably be around 160 165 after re-hydration.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:

In what way?

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:

In what way?

I think sometimes you can hear Lampley's commentary for the featured HBO fighter. His voice tends to get all excited even when punches aren't landing when both parties are throwing.

I know he's supposed to get people hyped but you can hear who he's rooting for. I think it's gonna be obvious he wants Manny to win this fight. Hell, 90% of the people want Manny to win this fight.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:

In what way?

I think sometimes you can hear Lampley's commentary for the featured HBO fighter. His voice tends to get all excited even when punches aren't landing when both parties are throwing.

I know he's supposed to get people hyped but you can hear who he's rooting for. I think it's gonna be obvious he wants Manny to win this fight. Hell, 90% of the people want Manny to win this fight.

I see. Was just curious because I've seen people mention that about the HBO staff being favorable towards certain fighters and I've somewhat seen it from time to time, but not as definitive as others have mentioned.

In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:

In what way?

I see. Was just curious because I've seen people mention that about the HBO staff being favorable towards certain fighters and I've somewhat seen it from time to time, but not as definitive as others have mentioned.

Pretty much what dough mentioned. I've noticed that sometimes he doesn't even acknowledge the return fire even when it's the better combination/punch and I've noticed it particularly with Pac. Still he's the man and a big fight feels less without his voice.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Roy Jones will give it a nice flavor.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject:

This is coming from Brad Cone(he is well respected at Pacquiao forum). He is always correct with what he told. It's well documented that Ariza had arguments with Pac because Pac does not want to do the hard training/plyometrics they did before during the Diaz-Cotto.
Quote:

Mayweather will run all night= Brad Cone!!!or else he'll gonna die!!! that was the statement of my insider friend Brad. He never see Manny so determine and focus this early, He already instructed his team early on to gather all equipments for ploymetrics on power and speed productions and triometric exercises which he applied during his series of fights from diaz to cotto, but only took lightly during clottey and totally abandoned during margaritos training camp that made ariza a useless member of the team starting from margarito fight until he left the team.

Brad knew that Manny were passive in his training camp after the Margarito fight til his latest victim algiere because of one goal, for mayweather to realize that Manny is no longer a threat to his zero record. Not known to media, manny always skipped days from training during those training days, and didn't follow his training routine starting from mosley til the latest algiere fight. According to Brad Manny wanted to look sluggish during his fights in order for mayweather to grow some balls to finally agree in fighting him, even-though his lack of training paid off a disastrous knock out loss from Marquez in 2012. There's no regret Mayweather finally agreed to fight him. The trap succeed.

More news to come from the training camp soon.

Brad Cone
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Looks like only 1 press conference/formal announcement, in LA on March 10 or 11

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12388874/manny-pacquiao-arriving-week-early-train-fight-floyd-mayweather-jr

Anybody considering going?

Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
This is coming from Brad Cone(he is well respected at Pacquiao forum). He is always correct with what he told. It's well documented that Ariza had arguments with Pac because Pac does not want to do the hard training/plyometrics they did before during the Diaz-Cotto.
Quote:

Mayweather will run all night= Brad Cone!!!or else he'll gonna die!!! that was the statement of my insider friend Brad. He never see Manny so determine and focus this early, He already instructed his team early on to gather all equipments for ploymetrics on power and speed productions and triometric exercises which he applied during his series of fights from diaz to cotto, but only took lightly during clottey and totally abandoned during margaritos training camp that made ariza a useless member of the team starting from margarito fight until he left the team.

Brad knew that Manny were passive in his training camp after the Margarito fight til his latest victim algiere because of one goal, for mayweather to realize that Manny is no longer a threat to his zero record. Not known to media, manny always skipped days from training during those training days, and didn't follow his training routine starting from mosley til the latest algiere fight. According to Brad Manny wanted to look sluggish during his fights in order for mayweather to grow some balls to finally agree in fighting him, even-though his lack of training paid off a disastrous knock out loss from Marquez in 2012. There's no regret Mayweather finally agreed to fight him. The trap succeed.

Brad Cone

talking about traps... it was never about how hard Manny trained, or how sluggish he looked after the Cotto fight... it was always about Floyd wanting to meet Manny out of his prime... Floyd's skills transcend beyond his prime, while Manny's (speed and power) greatly relies on his young fresh body. Manny was a monster 5 yrs ago, he is not so much these days.

one would argue, Floyd countered that trap with a trap of his own.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ryan_c wrote:
Quote:

Brad Cone

talking about traps... it was never about how hard Manny trained, or how sluggish he looked after the Cotto fight... it was always about Floyd wanting to meet Manny out of his prime... Floyd's skills transcend beyond his prime, while Manny's (speed and power) greatly relies on his young fresh body. Manny was a monster 5 yrs ago, he is not so much these days.

Yeah good points. Physically Pac is not the same.I just hope that Pac has one more great performance within him.

Anyway, some of the things Floyd used against orthodox fighter, he can't do against Pac. His offense is very limited against southpaws.Because he can't use his shoulder roll his counters are also less efficient. He can't walk down.Mayweather does not jab a southpaw to the gut. It's actually a very risky move to jab a guy who has the opposite stance as you. Remember judah knocking him down with the right hook. His pull counter will not work too.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12388874/manny-pacquiao-arriving-week-early-train-fight-floyd-mayweather-jr

Naw, place is gonna be a train wreck. Gonna be some nice scattered ass there, I bet.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject:

I'm rooting for PAC, but hard to see how he wins this. He doesn't have his killer knock out power anymore, and if it goes to decision it'll be Mayweather by a mile.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject:

ryan_c wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ryan_c wrote:
Quote:

Brad Cone

Yeah good points. Physically Pac is not the same.I just hope that Pac has one more great performance within him.

Anyway, some of the things Floyd used against orthodox fighter, he can't do against Pac. His offense is very limited against southpaws.Because he can't use his shoulder roll his counters are also less efficient. He can't walk down.Mayweather does not jab a southpaw to the gut. It's actually a very risky move to jab a guy who has the opposite stance as you. Remember judah knocking him down with the right hook. His pull counter will not work too.

Mayweather will run all night... hold... run... hold... call ref to break both fighters... run... hold... call ref to break both fighters... run again... repeat... that's the game plan.

I hope Manny studied Floyd all these years, because there are a lot of nuances to Floyd's fighting style... lots of faints, lots of fakes... go left, go right... jabs off his toes. Pacman needs to cut the ring, then punch in bunches. Manila Ice needs to be razor sharp.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject:

I honestly don't see the huge loss of power in Manny, or speed for that matter.

vs JMM 4 he was fighting the best fight vs JMM he had, then he got greedy and paid for it.

Again - I think a lot of people are trying to set up Floyd (by giving him too much credit and taking away from Manny) just in case he loses.

Also - as far as Manny training goes, I wouldn't be surprised if what the insider posted was true.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

Manny pranked these two sports anchors, having no clue what he was saying:

He didn't say anything bad and the translation is spot on.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Naw, place is gonna be a train wreck. Gonna be some nice scattered ass there, I bet.

Yeah, just hope it doesn't cause traffic issues near my work.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

Woah, in talking about the specifics about the fight, Dan Rafael mentioned the Maidana fight and the glove issue.

At the 3:40 mark, he mentions something I didn't know. Floyd paid extra money to Maidana to wear the same gloves as him?
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12371203&categoryid=2491554

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Just shows how much money is going to be made for "The Fight"

http://www.digitaljournal.com/sports/mayweather-pacquiao-champ-to-get-special-emerald-or-platinum-belt/article/427125

Emeralds or Platinum on the special belt?

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Manny pranked these two sports anchors, having no clue what he was saying:

He didn't say anything bad and the translation is spot on.
hahahahahaha!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 8 of 59
Jump to: