View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Manny pranked these two sports anchors, having no clue what he was saying:

He didn't say anything bad and the translation is spot on.
hahahahahaha!!!

ROFL! I love their reactions at the end.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Manny pranked these two sports anchors, having no clue what he was saying:

He didn't say anything bad and the translation is spot on.
hahahahahaha!!!

ROFL! I love their reactions at the end.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how they felt when they found out they were punked?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Rafael Garcia will be working Floyd's corner (and isn't retired). He handled it pretty gracefully, considering all the drama with what happened after Maidana 2

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-brings-back-garcia-pacquiao-bout--87929

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Looks like Rafael Garcia will be working Floyd's corner (and isn't retired). He handled it pretty gracefully, considering all the drama with what happened after Maidana 2

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-brings-back-garcia-pacquiao-bout--87929

Boths sides pulling out all stops.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

He shouldn't have been let go in the first place ......
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

I thought Garcia quit. He was working Bey's corner and left it during the fight to wrap Floyd's hands. Floyd said because it was the biggest fight of Bey's career he thought it only right for Garcia to stay with him. I don't think Floyd fired him, I thought he quit out of pride.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

yeah, you could say that it was pride .... but that's like the grandfather of the gym ..... never let that dude go. He's a staple in the fight game. brings nothing but positivity to every camp.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
I honestly don't see the huge loss of power in Manny, or speed for that matter.

vs JMM 4 he was fighting the best fight vs JMM he had, then he got greedy and paid for it.

Again - I think a lot of people are trying to set up Floyd (by giving him too much credit and taking away from Manny) just in case he loses.

Also - as far as Manny training goes, I wouldn't be surprised if what the insider posted was true.

Pac already at the wild card gym.I guess Pacquiao is really motivated for this fight. The last time Pacquiao did full 8 weeks of training at the wild card gym is against Hatton.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

Mayweather's not a quick as he used to be, Pacquiao doesn't have the power he used to have, yada, yada, yada.

Both fighters have descended equally. They're coming to the dance as if it were 6 years ago so to speak.

This is a fight that's all about who wants it most.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I thought Garcia quit. He was working Bey's corner and left it during the fight to wrap Floyd's hands. Floyd said because it was the biggest fight of Bey's career he thought it only right for Garcia to stay with him. I don't think Floyd fired him, I thought he quit out of pride.

Yeah, I remember it being a little bit of both. Like, Floyd told him he didn't need him to wrap his hands anymore, but on top of that Floyd also made a statement saying that it's the best he's felt his hands wrapped ever. So, to a certain extent, Floyd made implications that maybe Rafael wouldn't wrap his hands for his future fights, but never really let him go. Rafael probably took that as if Floyd not needing him anymore and decided to "retire." All in all, there seemed to be a lot of confusion and differences after the 2nd Maidana fight, but at the end of the day, I don't think anybody wants to be left out in the cold for this payday.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Yeah, I remember it being a little bit of both. Like, Floyd told him he didn't need him to wrap his hands anymore, but on top of that Floyd also made a statement saying that it's the best he's felt his hands wrapped ever. So, to a certain extent, Floyd made implications that maybe Rafael wouldn't wrap his hands for his future fights, but never really let him go. Rafael probably took that as if Floyd not needing him anymore and decided to "retire." All in all, there seemed to be a lot of confusion and differences after the 2nd Maidana fight, but at the end of the day, I don't think anybody wants to be left out in the cold for this payday.

How are the guys on the team normally paid in boxing?

<--Only watches a huge fight event here and there.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Justin Fortune is hilarious in some of his interviews. He isn't a jokester, but his responses always have me cracking up

btw, for those that didn't know, Justin was diagnosed with cancer and still fighting it.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

How are the guys on the team normally paid in boxing?

<--Only watches a huge fight event here and there.

I actually don't know how cutmen or strength and conditioning trainers are paid (whether flat fee or percentage), but just to be involved in such a big fight, on that stage...it's great exposure for everyone.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Just to give perspective, Manny talked about how he transferred his kids out of an International Academy school to a poor school with no air conditioning, just so they can learn values!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2977595/Manny-Pacquiao-children-wanted-Floyd-Mayweather-fight-happen.html

What's funny is, when I see fighters talking about being "poor" or not growing up with a lot of money, I'd challenge them to go around and see the poverty level in the Philippines. I don't think anybody really understands, unless they were to see the poverty level in person, in a 3rd world country. Welfare doesn't exist over there. Homeless shelters?...Forget about it. What Manny does, helping poverty in the Philippines is very understated, when it's mentioned in any of the US coverage.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Man, it really hasn't sunk in that the fight has been made, but just to show how huge the fight really is...there are video freaking debates on what the effect will be on Avengers 2, due to the fight:

And I'm in the camp that it won't really have a big affect on the movie because the fight card is only 3-4 hours of time. And for those that want to time the main event watching only, 1 hour, so that leaves a lot of time for people to still go watch The Avengers 2.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Just to give perspective, Manny talked about how he transferred his kids out of an International Academy school to a poor school with no air conditioning, just so they can learn values!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2977595/Manny-Pacquiao-children-wanted-Floyd-Mayweather-fight-happen.html

What's funny is, when I see fighters talking about being "poor" or not growing up with a lot of money, I'd challenge them to go around and see the poverty level in the Philippines. I don't think anybody really understands, unless they were to see the poverty level in person, in a 3rd world country. Welfare doesn't exist over there. Homeless shelters?...Forget about it. What Manny does, helping poverty in the Philippines is very understated, when it's mentioned in any of the US coverage.

I always say that it should be manditory for all American kids to spend two years in Africa or a third world nation. These turds today feel like they're entitled to (bleep).
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I always say that it should be manditory for all American kids to spend two years in Africa or a third world nation. These turds today feel like they're entitled to (bleep).

So true, dough! The sense of entitlement in the US now is absolutely ridiculous.

I was glad to have really seen and learned, right away. Kids in Manila are hired by the mob, to run up to windows of cars and literally plant their faces against the window, to beg for money. They don't get to keep the money they end up getting, they just bring it back to the mobsters and are paid 50 pesos (if that) for the day, which they bring to their family. 50 pesos is equivalent to $2 US.

Poor neighborhoods/houseing in the US would be equivalent to living in mansions for the poor in the Philippines. In Manila, there are areas where you'll see streets and streets with houses built of old wood that look like they'd fall over, if someone were to tap on them.

So, when Manny had that push to fight to eliminate poverty (when he was fighting Shane Mosley), it gives a little perspective. He wasn't fighting for people that had the benefit of concrete walls, water, food stamps, etc...He was fighting for the millions of families that have to live in worse conditions than many of the poor in America would never be able to survive.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Seeing true poverty does give one perspective.

In many ways it's made me a compassionate person. But in other ways, some people think I'm less compassionate because when I see some of the poor here I do feel bad, but I also still think that they are lucky compared to the truly poor.

Not that being any level of "poor" is fun or good. But man, some of the truly poor would see poverty in the US as a dream.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I agree 100%.

I was 6 when I came to the states.

I vaguely remember most of my toddler age, but I do remember many things that always stuck out to me. Not having shoes, being hungry often, working the fields (yup as a 5 year old)...

I remember sometimes people would come to our village from the states (they had migrated to the states and would drive here).. anytime I heard about this me and my older brother would try to go to their house and hang outside to see if they would give us a cup a noodle..

damn. tear =[ lol
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

Sorry to get everyone off track. Just wanted to give some perspective on how important Manny has become to the Philippines, as well as to Filipinos around the world (helping put the culture more visably on the map and give identification to Filipinos as more than just Nurses, Drivers or whatever stereotype has been put on Filipinos in the past.

Getting back to the fight news, looks like the games are starting already!...LOL...I don't know if I completely believe what Freddie is saying, but kinda funny to me that Haymon would bribe guys not to spar with Manny...hahahaha. No matter what, there aren't any true sparring partners that could mimic what Manny or Floyd bring to the ring.
http://manila.coconuts.co/2015/03/04/pacman-coach-freddie-roach-accuses-mayweather-camp-dirty-tricks

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

Damn! I shoulda placed a bet down when it was 3-1. As great as Floyd is, I think Manny's the only one that really has a shot at beating him:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/28261342/pacquiao-big-hit-so-far-in-vegas-sports-books-vs-mayweather

Even if Floyd were to beat Manny, 3-1 odds is worth it, even if I'm not sure how this one will go.

kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I'm sure they were in on it. They call themselves the "Men in Blazers" and do a lot of satirical soccer analysis. They're pretty funny.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm sure they were in on it. They call themselves the "Men in Blazers" and do a lot of satirical soccer analysis. They're pretty funny.

Yeah. I also don't see Pacquiao as the type of guy that would punk someone like that. He's too much of a nice guy.

When I showed it to my wife I prefaced it as a "skit".
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah. I also don't see Pacquiao as the type of guy that would punk someone like that. He's too much of a nice guy.

When I showed it to my wife I prefaced it as a "skit".

Yeah, that's true. It could've been scripted. Still couldn't stop laughing, when seeing it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 9 of 59
Jump to: