Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: May 2, 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Floyd isn't going to try to knock out Manny. He's just putting that out there in hopes that it will affect how Manny trains.
Roach has been around and is too good of a trainer for that to even be a (bleep) thought in his camp.

I dont think anyone thinks a mind game like that would work, but I think Floyd will throw out as many things as possible out there between now and the fight. None of them will work, but it's not like it takes effort to try.

I can't wait for 24/7. I've never seen Floyd so quiet. He's not playing any games, he's getting ready for the fight of his life!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if they gonna do 24/7.

Quote:
There’s already talk that there won’t be an HBO 24/7 and Showtime All Access series.

In place of the four-episode series, HBO and Showtime will be televising a single one-hour documentary on the two fighters, which they’ll televise over and over again to increase the chances of reaching all the boxing fans.

It’s going to be interesting to see if the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight will be able to bring in 3 million pay-per-view buys or more with the fighters not doing a long press tour, and there not being the 24/7 and All Access episodes.

Found this on some boxing website.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Quote:
There’s already talk that there won’t be an HBO 24/7 and Showtime All Access series.

In place of the four-episode series, HBO and Showtime will be televising a single one-hour documentary on the two fighters, which they’ll televise over and over again to increase the chances of reaching all the boxing fans.

It’s going to be interesting to see if the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight will be able to bring in 3 million pay-per-view buys or more with the fighters not doing a long press tour, and there not being the 24/7 and All Access episodes.

TThat's understandable. There's really no need to sell this fight, it's already sold itself, the world wants too see Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Say what you will but it's all about Mayweather, Floyd is the reason for the season. He made the world wait and the world will pay through the nose to see him lose.

It will be really disappointing if it turns out to be a stinker.

Not trying to bee a Debbie Downer but it's going to have to be a war to live up to the hype and Floyd's not going to go to war.

Hey dough, remember I said this fight could be the first $100.00 PPV?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject:

Funny 'bit that Jimmy Kimmell did during the press conference and after w/ Manny and Guillermo

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Quote:

TThat's understandable. There's really no need to sell this fight, it's already sold itself, the world wants too see Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

Say what you will but it's all about Mayweather, Floyd is the reason for the season. He made the world wait and the world will pay through the nose to see him lose.

It will be really disappointing if it turns out to be a stinker.

Not trying to bee a Debbie Downer but it's going to have to be a war to live up to the hype and Floyd's not going to go to war.

Hey dough, remember I said this fight could be the first $100.00 PPV?

Yup. They would be stupid not to charge a c-note.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets to the fight.

People who usually have no problem getting 25+tickets directly from the promoters and fighters are being told they will only be able to purchase 2 tickets for the fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:

People who usually have no problem getting 25+tickets directly from the promoters and fighters are being told they will only be able to purchase 2 tickets for the fight.

It's also going to be difficult too get a good stream. I'm gonna have a fight party. $10 BYO.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:

They will easily fetch 10k. They said around 7500 but a couple of scalpers will find a way. They may also get paid nicely making duplicate tickets. Can you imagine someone paying a scalper five grand on the streets and not get in???
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Nissan wrote:

They will easily fetch 10k. They said around 7500 but a couple of scalpers will find a way. They may also get paid nicely making duplicate tickets. Can you imagine someone paying a scalper five grand on the streets and not get in???

Maybe those that can afford it will spend it. I understand ringside seat are going for 200k. I ain't mad at MoneyMay for delaying the fight. I believe it was the plan all the while.

This is going to be the biggest money fight in the history of he sport. Fans will flock to the arena and PPV to see him lose. He's going to disappoint a whole lot of people.

I've told the story of the rich White woman who went to all of Ali's fight because she wanted to be there when he got his ass kicked. Same with Floyd.

I don't know about Floyd but I'm a little scard bout dis one. Pac Man ain't no joke.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject:

Pacquiao sparring with rigo:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/452881/sports/boxing/sources-unbeaten-world-champ-rigondeaux-sparring-with-pacquiao
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

when do the tickets go on sale? Is it going to be exclusive? Or is it going to be one of those crazy ordeals where you go on line and hope you land one when the webpage launches the sale?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
when do the tickets go on sale? Is it going to be exclusive? Or is it going to be one of those crazy ordeals where you go on line and hope you land one when the webpage launches the sale?

I really would be skeptical about buying any ticket not sold by a reputable dealer. I'd be pissed if I bought a ticket, got to my seat and found someone sitting there with a ticket.

Scalpers will have multiple changes of clothes, they'll constantly be on the move.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Pacquiao sparring with rigo:

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/452881/sports/boxing/sources-unbeaten-world-champ-rigondeaux-sparring-with-pacquiao

I knew that couldn't be reliable

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/12241/pacquiao-wont-be-sparring-with-rigo

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-starts-sparring-koncz-keeps-eye-on-usada--88617

Koncz hired a consultant to keep an eye on USADA because of their close ties to Floyd. Even though I can't see any funny business going on, seems like a smart move on Koncz' part.

We're only 7 weeks away from the fight, so I'm still expecting some sort of controversy o come up.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject:

And so it begins: TMT Rejects $5M Penalty for Failed Drug Test
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

Arum said its because each fighter would receive more money (than 5Million) if the other was found using PEDs.

makes sense.. but I don't trust Arum.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

Dierry Jean is a decent sparring partner for Manny to have

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2015/03/21/pacman-s-sparmate-is-like-floyd/

For those that don't remember, his only loss is to Lamont Peterson

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

Angel Heredia isn't working with Floyd. http://goo.gl/QUPqGQ Weirdest thing is how Alex Ariza consulted him, but he had also talked (bleep) about him before... LOL

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

Will there be a "Face Off" (w/ Max Kellerman) with these two? Never heard whether there would or wouldn't be.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

No. Different networks.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

it's terribly wrong not to have 24/7 for this fight. it's just not right.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Looks as though 24/7 and Faceoff are out.

Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject:

anyway, FMJ is expected to earn 180M for this fight... w t f.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject:

that's a lot more dough than I expected.. Manny is apparently going to make $100M.. Damn, I was thinking he'd make around $60M..
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Will there be a "Face Off" (w/ Max Kellerman) with these two? Never heard whether there would or wouldn't be.

If you think about it, realistically, it would be a little 'bit boring. If Floyd tries to talk trash, it kinda gets lost in translation if he does it against Manny. Manny is too nice for those shows and a 'bit of a goofball, so there really isn't much tension when Face Offs happen. And Manny, is becoming more and more of a politician each time because his standard response is, "well, we'll both train hard and give a good fight to the fans."...LOL.

If you had seen the interview with Manny, Stephen A., and Skip, Stephen A. interpreted Manny's words as disrespectful, but I don't think Manny really understood the sentiments of what Stephen A. was saying. Manny just kept laughing, then capped off the interview with, "Peace be with you, brother."...hahaha

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 12 of 59
Jump to: