Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Are people still butt hurt over JMM making Manny count sheep? love them sour grapes

No. Some people just don't want to admit he was probably on PEDs When he did it. He was offered a rematch with more stringent drug testing and declined

Are these the same people who didn't want to admit Manny was probably on PEDS when he was knocking people out? Yeah he also wanted more money that they didn't want to give and both had said this was the last fight between them before walking into the ring. The whole lucky punch thing is quite hilarious as well.

What evidence is there for either guy actually taking PED's? Both have tested clean their entire careers. Why do people resort to an explanation, simply because there was an accusation made by Floyd Mayweather Jr. that started the whole trend? I say, it's just an easy way for people to hate on whichever fighters they don't care for.

Truth is, people are crabs and love to bring down people to push themselves up (or their "favorite" athletes), and this is exactly why all of this has become any issue. Heck, let's look at all the current fighters that actually did test for PED's...Lamont Peterson, Andre Berto...then other top guys that tested positive for "enhancers" (whether it be weight loss drugs or other)...Chavez Jr., Bam Bam Rios, John Molina. All of these guys actually tested positive, yet they are all given a pass?

I refuse to bring down the elite guys in the sport, when they've been at the top for a long time for a reason. Heck, if we're going to do that, we could pick apart Floyd's reasoning for only wanting to fight in Las Vegas due to his need for lidocane injections for his hands. Or, is his undefeated streak really because he's been clean? Or, is the real reason he hasn't really knocked guys out is because he wants to hide the fact that he's used PED's in the past? We could go on and on and on of trying to make baseless accusations, but what good does that do at all?

Because it's all they have left.

But again, In_your_Eye gives a really good example of what frustrates me with some of the "Manny fans". They get butthurt because Floyd alludes or says that Manny was on PEDs...

then Manny comes out on ESPN Deportes and says JMM is too strong for someone that old and how much power he has now compared to other fights etc.. I mean cmon, I'm just asking for people to be objective.

A loss is a loss, move on with it, that was a great boxing series, take it for what it was.

It's like the people who say the NBA is rigged(Laker fans or others). Well if they rigged the Heat series in 2006, then they rigged the Lakers series in 2002. And why did Kobe and Lebron never meet in the Finals if it's all rigged? Those would have been the highest rated finals ever. lol
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I watched the At Last doc on HBO. It was really good but is Showtime gonna do one too? This one was like 80% Manny. I wanted to see more Floyd.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Are people still butt hurt over JMM making Manny count sheep? love them sour grapes

No. Some people just don't want to admit he was probably on PEDs When he did it. He was offered a rematch with more stringent drug testing and declined

Are these the same people who didn't want to admit Manny was probably on PEDS when he was knocking people out? Yeah he also wanted more money that they didn't want to give and both had said this was the last fight between them before walking into the ring. The whole lucky punch thing is quite hilarious as well.

What evidence is there for either guy actually taking PED's? Both have tested clean their entire careers. Why do people resort to an explanation, simply because there was an accusation made by Floyd Mayweather Jr. that started the whole trend? I say, it's just an easy way for people to hate on whichever fighters they don't care for.

Truth is, people are crabs and love to bring down people to push themselves up (or their "favorite" athletes), and this is exactly why all of this has become any issue. Heck, let's look at all the current fighters that actually did test for PED's...Lamont Peterson, Andre Berto...then other top guys that tested positive for "enhancers" (whether it be weight loss drugs or other)...Chavez Jr., Bam Bam Rios, John Molina. All of these guys actually tested positive, yet they are all given a pass?

I refuse to bring down the elite guys in the sport, when they've been at the top for a long time for a reason. Heck, if we're going to do that, we could pick apart Floyd's reasoning for only wanting to fight in Las Vegas due to his need for lidocane injections for his hands. Or, is his undefeated streak really because he's been clean? Or, is the real reason he hasn't really knocked guys out is because he wants to hide the fact that he's used PED's in the past? We could go on and on and on of trying to make baseless accusations, but what good does that do at all?

Because it's all they have left.

But again, In_your_Eye gives a really good example of what frustrates me with some of the "Manny fans". They get butthurt because Floyd alludes or says that Manny was on PEDs...

then Manny comes out on ESPN Deportes and says JMM is too strong for someone that old and how much power he has now compared to other fights etc.. I mean cmon, I'm just asking for people to be objective.

A loss is a loss, move on with it, that was a great boxing series, take it for what it was.

It's like the people who say the NBA is rigged(Laker fans or others). Well if they rigged the Heat series in 2006, then they rigged the Lakers series in 2002. And why did Kobe and Lebron never meet in the Finals if it's all rigged? Those would have been the highest rated finals ever. lol

Bingo...conspiracy theorists eat that stuff up and it always starts from somewhere. It's never ending.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I watched the At Last doc on HBO. It was really good but is Showtime gonna do one too? This one was like 80% Manny. I wanted to see more Floyd.

Inside Mayweather Pacquiao...This is episode 1. Episode 2 this weekend

I think Showtime is doing 3 or 4 episodes. HBO taking slightly different approach. At Last focused on Pacquiao. Next special will be the greats of boxing discussing the fight and giving their opinions.

Best way to know what's coming up is on HBO Boxing and Shosports Youtube channels. They usually have the previews/trailers up, and then after 1st broadcast of the special, will have the full thing up the next day.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Inside Mayweather Pacquiao...This is episode 1. Episode 2 this weekend

I think Showtime is doing 3 or 4 episodes. HBO taking slightly different approach. At Last focused on Pacquiao. Next special will be the greats of boxing discussing the fight and giving their opinions.

Best way to know what's coming up is on HBO Boxing and Shosports Youtube channels. They usually have the previews/trailers up, and then after 1st broadcast of the special, will have the full thing up the next day.

Awesome. Thanks for the info
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
looks like oscar to me.

Closer look, I think it Oscar. But that second right hand had some power.

I don't think people give Floyd the credit he deserves for power. I honestly think he's going to fight Manny. I hope I'm wrong.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Yeah.. Wouldn't be a smart move.. Pot shot.. Counter right hand.. Defend.. Get out of there.

Wait till later rounds to walk manny down. Just like what he did to canelo
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Check it out...pretty cool

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/28895002/mayweather-pacquiao-merchandise-store-pops-up-downtown

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

gotta say.. HBO does it so well.

ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Photos of Pacquiao and Floyd. They are ready to fight.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/04/22/21/27E07C3600000578-0-image-m-3_1429733992679.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/7hwz9tt7p/image.jpg
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

lol
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

on this PEDs talk... it's all BS... it's not like Manny had acne popping out all over his chest... same can be said about JMM, his 40 yr old chest didn't show signs of acne at all... I mean, JMM's chest was clean as a baby's.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

part 2.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
on this PEDs talk... it's all BS... it's not like Manny had acne popping out all over his chest... same can be said about JMM, his 40 yr old chest didn't show signs of acne at all... I mean, JMM's chest was clean as a baby's.

All people don't react to PED's the same. Ever see Lance Armstrong's chest? LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah.. If you go by the acne test.. jMM is clearly guilty.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
http://youtu.be/TMi-lTnUmBg

gold
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

The "Legends speak" special was pretty good. Oscar and Shane both shared my views: Pac has to make it a fast paced exciting fight to have a chance to win. If Floyd dictates the tempo/style, Manny doesn't stand a chance.
I'm a Floyd fan but I hope Manny has gotten his conditioning at the best it's ever been because he's probably gonna have to chase Floyd all night.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Floyd is going to run all night. I believe he'll pick his spots to sit down, hit and run. If he tags Manny with enough good shots they will slow Pacman down.

I think we'll see a lot of Floyd on the ropes. He's pretty good at making fighters miss and countering.

He'll get hit but his defense involves a lot of rolling with punches.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious though what some of the die hard boxing fans think about who has the more powerful punch between Pac and Shane Mosley. If Pac lands a punch like Shane did, do you guys think it will be more effective/knockdown power or less powerful? I also think if Pac was able to land a punch like that, and 2nd and 3rd would quickly follow. I'm just getting excited for this fight and thinking of scenarios. lol
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:

gold

idk why I love the beginning:

"he finally agreed to fight you"

"I know.."

LOL
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:

gold

"I know.."

LOL

My favorite was the ending..."I'm so confuse..." Hahahaha

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
gotta say.. HBO does it so well.

Couldn't agree more. They don't just build drama and hype, they create a connection between fan and fighter. This really makes Pacquiao shine.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
marga86 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:

gold

"I know.."

LOL

My favorite was the ending..."I'm so confuse..." Hahahaha

10/10.

Awesome.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 20 of 59
Jump to: