lakersken80 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
ggeasy wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Lostology wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Lostology wrote:
Haha, for everyone wishing for a tank. Made you guys sad only to think they were gonna lose only to end up winning in OT. Lolololol.

Hope you're still laughing when we lose our pick to the Suns...

Nvm. Saw your join date.

What does join date have anything to do with it? I've been a Laker fan since Showtime Lakers. So yes, I always want the Lakers to beat the Celtics. And if the Celtics miss the playoffs because of one game then I will laugh even more. Losing to the Celtics is never okay.

I guess he's insinuating that REAL Lakers fans would be unhappy about the Lakers beating the Celtics, unlike real fans like him that wanted the Celtics to win.

Damn straight bro. Real fans root for the Celtics. Obviously.

Let me speak for tankers in saying BUCK FOSTON. This wasn't about rooting for the Celtics, it was about willing our terrible scrubs to a loss so as to ensure our future as a franchise.
But it doesn't ensure anything. It's just the chance at maybe getting a good piece.

I dont think it's worth destroying the character and integrity of a franchise to purposely lose (cheat).

If we end up there legitimately, fine. But not artificially.

Yeah, lets lose that top 5 pick and depend on our 20th+ pick to rebuild the franchise....

The franchise will be rebuilt with whatever resources we end up having.

The Lakers are a franchise of the highest character. That's not something that's easy to build. It takes decades and can be lost instantly. It's more important than any draft pick.

Yeup! The Celtic fans will be pointing their fingers that we have betrayed our proud tradition and now a cheater to win championship. That is a bigger loss than winning anything with a draftee who is unproven at best. To lose the proud Lakers identity over a college player is not the wise thing to do. One guy can't win a championship. The Mailman Malone, Barkley, Nash, Iverson , Iceman, Dominik Wilkins etc never won a championship for their teams. It takes a combination of good players, great coach and a generous but wise FO to make it happen. Why lose your proud tradition by tanking so obviously especially when playing your hated rival of all bb ages?

Mostly agree, however Boston is not in a position to point fingers at anyone. They have been tanking the past couple of years themselves.

They didn't purposely tank a game by putting rookies and journeymen or no names as starters, not for just 1 game, but for extended period. They released the old guys 2 or 3 years after the championship year, after seeing them not competitive any more as a team. And while they still have trade value, they traded these guys for draft picks for rebuilding. I think there is a difference there. That is a true rebuilding effort many teams will go through. They trade away Rondo but they are still competing for a playoff even with a coach from the college rank. They are losing the games in a natural way, not like us putting guys starting that the Celtic fans show the distain saying that Sacre (of all player LOL) is the only recognizable name. Just a total and embarrassing joke.

Other than Boozer and Lin we don't have any player that has done enough to gain any notoriety thats why no one has heard of them. Come to think about it no one on Boston's team is a household name either.

No body says a team has to have household name players. But at least you put forth your best players to start. We put our best players to the bench. That is a shame for a proud franchise to build a team via cheating of sort. When you are in a pro sport with a court full of cheering fans for a legendary franchise, and you intentionally lose for some unproven college draft, that is quite pathetic. Want to learn some tricks from these girls how to lose a game?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/02/24/girls-basketball-teams-try-to-lose-game-to-each-other-both-get-postseason-ban/?tid=HP_more?tid=HP_more

If you are talking to me you are preaching to the choir about tanking. I'm just stating that I believe at some point that the Celtics tanked too.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
I don't get all the outrage and wringing of hands at the thought of a Lakers fan rooting for the Lakers to win (especially against the Celtics). As if our rooting interest has an influence on the game.

Another curiosity: fans thinking that the players should know to tank and have orders to tank (as in: "C'mon, we're ahead, let's blow this game...").

And then there are fans who think that B Scott is acting on his own (without FO directives) to evaluate personnel. They think that Scott (in evaluating the young talent) is actually trying to tank (coaching to lose games).

We as fans can control only what we can control.
Our rooting interest may not have an interest on the game, but this is the very nature of fandom.
Finally, in this situation, it may have an effect as it may build pressure on the franchise to know that we want the pick, and we are not interested in watching Boozer and Jordan Hill squeak out meaningless victories!
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
WuKong wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
you guys actually think byron is tanking? nope. he's this awful. get use to it for another 2 years

I think the lineups and the way they played against the Celtics prove tanking. He knows the best players and their strengths and he trotted all that out their for his personal rivalry... not saying those players and lineups are championship material but we are better than the record shows and BS is better than the record shows.

oh my. you're giving BS too much credit for the win here. all he did was shuffle the deck like he's always been doing and go with the hot hands in the 4th. any idiot can do that

Unfortunately, I feel as though you are right. Byron has constantly gone with the hot hand in the 4th. We have just gotten lucky enough to sneak out with losses. Last night, we got burned!

Draft pick aside, no matter what the franchise always has more to gain by playing Jordan Clarkson, and others down the stretch of games then by playing Boozer, JLin and JHill!
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
lol Byron Scott thinks Price turned the game around. headofsnake is the MVP in Byron's mind once again folks!

Price did ignite the comeback with his defense and passing. For one short period Price defensively wreaked havoc on the Celtics. Lin, Wes, Swag & Booze took over from there.

don't get me wrong. i like the headofsnake. but BS has made him the butt of jokes
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
Just watched the post game interviews. I wanted to throw up on Scott's tie. Then I saw the fun interviews with nick young and his team mates and I forgot all about BS. Then I watched Lin's interview and got the goods on the how the game and the team played. If Scott reads these forums then he'll be upset with nick hill and Lin and they'll be back in the doghouse next game. What a horrible coach to play for!

Called it. This guy is so predictable.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
tyusedney1 wrote:
lol Byron Scott thinks Price turned the game around. headofsnake is the MVP in Byron's mind once again folks!

Price did ignite the comeback with his defense and passing. For one short period Price defensively wreaked havoc on the Celtics. Lin, Wes, Swag & Booze took over from there.

don't get me wrong. i like the headofsnake. but BS has made him the butt of jokes

"Ain't that the truth!"
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
I don't get all the outrage and wringing of hands at the thought of a Lakers fan rooting for the Lakers to win (especially against the Celtics). As if our rooting interest has an influence on the game.

Another curiosity: fans thinking that the players should know to tank and have orders to tank (as in: "C'mon, we're ahead, let's blow this game...").

And then there are fans who think that B Scott is acting on his own (without FO directives) to evaluate personnel. They think that Scott (in evaluating the young talent) is actually trying to tank (coaching to lose games).

We as fans can control only what we can control.
Our rooting interest may not have an interest on the game, but this is the very nature of fandom.
Finally, in this situation, it may have an effect as it may build pressure on the franchise to know that we want the pick, and we are not interested in watching Boozer and Jordan Hill squeak out meaningless victories!

I understand what you're saying which is the reason some are rooting for us to tank. I didn't say anything to try to discourage that line of thinking.

Just saying that the players and coaches are not of that mindset when the game is being played. They're not thinking like those girls high school teams who got thrown out because they were both overtly trying to lose the game. Yet that "on court" behavior is what some seem to expect out of the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: