Jack Nicholson’s finally had enough of the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

It's the Jack Attack
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Now if Ice Cube disowns the Lakers...
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

He'll be back in a few years when the Lakers start winning again. If he's still alive by then, lol.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
I'll be honest, I have the last two games before the all star break and the Celtics game from yesterday DVR'd and I havent watched any of them. The losing is torture. I am making myself watch these games because I do not want to be a hypocrite in a couple years when the Lakers are winning and say YAH, I WAS HERE from the beginning. The losing is painful. The play is worse. I just can't cheer to lose. I can't.

It's not just losing. They're joyless and boring to watch.

yes. very much so.

Yup.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I haven't watched a game in ages, I just can't get over this feeling of injustice every time I watch the team.

It feels like the league started this proces of pushing us down with the Chris Paul trade, the new CBA, then all the dominos started falling.

It's been tough since Dr Buss passed away...

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

The box office will start to take a heavy hit next season, matching what has already happened to the TV ratings, all time lows. In fact if they drop again at this pace next season we will be below the Clippers! What's this world comin' too.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
22 wrote:
Alpha wrote:
22 wrote:
That's not Jack

You don't know Jack.

Jack probably can't make the game because he'll be shopping at whole foods

I heard from a ficticious source that he eats at Jack in a Box.

Whose?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Jack's apparently a slow learner.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Wait, is he just selling his tickets? Or is he giving up his seat for good?

Selling, he isn't stupid enough to give the seats up.

Most stars were busy attending the Oscars or Oscar related things yesterday anyways.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I was fan during the 90's re-build team and went trough some ugly times during those days including when magic retired due to HIV. I don't feel entitled to see my team win year after year. True fans support their team during the good and the bad times. I'm sure the Lakers will be back top just hope not the super fans (Jack) who jumped ship when times got tough.
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:
I was fan during the 90's re-build team and went trough some ugly times during those days including when magic retired due to HIV. I don't feel entitled to see my team win year after year. True fans support their team during the good and the bad times. I'm sure the Lakers will be back top just hope not the super fans (Jack) who jumped ship when times got tough.

You will support the team during the bad times.....only if you have confidence in the management team. You can't support if you don't see any improvements or plans for it. Of course....everyone sees the direction this team is going, from different perspectives.
Lastly......Jack is paying a lot for those seats and also taking his valuable time to watch this horrible product on the court. And we are already in full mode.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:

I've been through the tough times as well. At least back then there was a reason we stunk (Magic's retirement, Shaq being traded). We stink now because of ill-advised decisions by the front office. That's what's different this time around.

And yeah, I can understand being a diehard fan and sticking by them during a rough stretch, but I'd rather watch NCAA, or even high-school basketball over this product we have on the floor. I was talking about the train-wreck that is the Lakers with a co-worker and longtime fan last week, and he believes that if the Lakers continue down this path for a few more years they will lose alot of their fanbase. At least we might be finally getting an NFL team though!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

rak617 wrote:
lakerglory wrote:

You will support the team during the bad times.....only if you have confidence in the management team. You can't support if you don't see any improvements or plans for it. Of course....everyone sees the direction this team is going, from different perspectives.
Lastly......Jack is paying a lot for those seats and also taking his valuable time to watch this horrible product on the court. And we are already in full mode.

I support the team, just have trouble watching them.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Who cares?! What really counts is what snoop dogg thinks.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

We are tanking and apparently Jack only will take the time to come to games he thinks we can win. I've seen he's been missing this season for quite a while (except he showed up for the game with Kobe against LeBron). Dyan Cannon still is there every game....win or lose.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

That's why I'm using my SAD JACK avatar <<< since the injury plagued 2012-2013 season

When we're back in the playoffs I'm gonna change it to the HAPPY JACK avatar.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
lakerglory wrote:

I've been through the tough times as well. At least back then there was a reason we stunk (Magic's retirement, Shaq being traded). We stink now because of ill-advised decisions by the front office. That's what's different this time around.

And yeah, I can understand being a diehard fan and sticking by them during a rough stretch, but I'd rather watch NCAA, or even high-school basketball over this product we have on the floor. I was talking about the train-wreck that is the Lakers with a co-worker and longtime fan last week, and he believes that if the Lakers continue down this path for a few more years they will lose alot of their fanbase. At least we might be finally getting an NFL team though!

We stink now because we are tanking for our future....which requires losing most games now. I still watch every game and am embracing the excitement in watching Clarkson play/improve and cheering for a loss.

Some complain we are not fun to watch any more. Would they rather we lose our pick so we can end up in the middle with nothing to show for the season? Not me!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
He'll be back in a few years when the Lakers start winning again. If he's still alive by then, lol.

in about 7 years; if he can walk, maybe comes back....
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

If he remember what his seats are.

Isn't he suffering from early signs of Alzheimer?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
deal wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

If he remember what his seats are.

Isn't he suffering from early signs of Alzheimer?

I don't remember.....
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
I'll be honest, I have the last two games before the all star break and the Celtics game from yesterday DVR'd and I havent watched any of them. The losing is torture. I am making myself watch these games because I do not want to be a hypocrite in a couple years when the Lakers are winning and say YAH, I WAS HERE from the beginning. The losing is painful. The play is worse. I just can't cheer to lose. I can't.

Totally, like I say I have watched ALMOST every game, since Jerry West's rookie season. I have skipped well over half this season and unless they start ascending, will likely miss more than that next year.

Sorry for not feeling like I am less of a fan, after sitting through all those losses to the Celtics and sharing in West's personal anguish, I don't think this crap compares. However this team just plain sucks and I do not see many spots for the future being filled with these chumps. Maybe Davis, if he sticks around, which I doubt.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:

If you were there, you likely noticed that Jack was there during those times as well.

He's just going to skip some games, he's not putting on a Celtics jersey.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Fairweather fan.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:

I'm all for rooting for a rebuilding Lakers. This year's team isn't rebuilding, it's just a mish mash of highly hateable players that tends to lose a lot. Doesn't help that they play a brand of basketball that makes your eyes bleed.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Rebuilding this year is fine. But they have to start winning next year. They arent getting a top 3 pick in 2016 anyways and I could care less if they can get a future all star pg or center in this years draft. 2016, is all Durant. To me, I think they have a shot at building the blocks this off season and then becoming a title team if they can land durant in the summer of 2016.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: