The way the players act after a win is embarrassing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
For me its carnies.

See they don't bother me, but Clowns....man, I was creeped out by them before "It," and now, don't even bother!
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: The way the players act after a win is embarrassing

kobe4mvp24 wrote:
The players celebrate each win as if they won the championship. Nick young and Jordan Hill are especially most childish/embarrassing. I am surprised Byron hasn't called them out on this yet.

oh get over yourself. these guys played hard, worked hard, and haven't had much to celebrate about this year. they've been in plenty of games this year but have been on the losing end. let them have a little fun. let them be happy that they beat our rival, the celtics. let's just hope they remember how this tastes and will want the next one even more.
ggeasy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject:

Here's the full clip of Kobe's reaction to Swaggy and Hill on Jimmy Kimmel for everybody's entertainment

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject:

Wow, just saw the clip of Young and Hill crashing Lin's post-game "interview". That pretty much sums up what the team has become these past few years. Classy, fellas. You know what though, the "fans" at the game are probably yukking it up right along with these clowns.

Snap some pix, drink a 20 dollar beer, "check-in" @staples, take a selfie, #Lakeshow. And hey, we might even mess around and win a game. Half the payroll is at home, not even on the bench, probably not even watching the game. Clusterfu--
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject:

ggeasy wrote:
Here's the full clip of Kobe's reaction to Swaggy and Hill on Jimmy Kimmel for everybody's entertainment

End Thread.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject:

i'm sorry, celebrating a win after you've been beaten night after night, i get, but to act like a bunch of unprofessional, loud, immature buffoons is unacceptable.

ggeasy wrote:

on another hand, after all the money, time, and energy Kobe has drained from this team this season, i couldn't care less what his opinion is tbh.

his opinion means nothing to me. boo hoo, u mad. get over it. you've brought this team down to this level. accept being a loser and retire with some sort of grace.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

I agree with the OP... our players should cry and be depressed after every win.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
^I don't agree. They care so much that they make a mockery out of themselves after getting a rare win? I don't like it. This is what goes on in losing cultures...we're not the freaking Bucks, 76ers, or any other losing franchise. Although, I know we're losing now, we'll retool, and I don't want these clowns around.

But wait I thought the 76ers are doing it "the right way" with the god of analytics that conman Hinkie.
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I was thinking the same thing for a bit yesterday as well. Dancing around after a made shot with PLENTY of time still left in the game. Not to mention the guys are known to squander double digit leads in a matter of seconds. NOTHING to really be proud about, guys. Wes Johnson, Jeremy Lin and even Clarkson flexing/dancing and prancing around makes me laugh.

BUT then I realize these guys HAVEN'T been there before and they don't know a damn thing about winning MEANINGFUL games. They haven't had much to celebrate at all, so I just shake my head and remember the good ol days.

What about Boozer?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
24 wrote:
For me its carnies.

See they don't bother me, but Clowns....man, I was creeped out by them before "It," and now, don't even bother!

Gacy slammed down the effin PROOF that clowns are sinister. He was the real life Pennywise.

Pic with him and Rosalynn Carter while Jimmy was President -and- while John Wayne was an active serial killer. That's a tidbit that went down in Secret Service lore. He was actually vetted to be at whatever function that was (as best as can they vet for "doesn't have bodies in his crawlspace"). I think he was some city ombudsman in Cleveland or somethin. He really played up the "normal guy" act like a lot of them do.

http://info-buddhismus.de/bilder/Rosalynn-Carter-John-Wayne-Gacy.gif

Another tidbit was that Dahmer, when he was in HS on a trip to DC. He had somehow lead himself and some of his classmates out of bounds and talked his way into meeting the VP. It might've been Nelson Rockefeller, but from the description of the incident, it was ploy that foreshadowed his sneakiness and shrewdness.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: The way the players act after a win is embarrassing

kobe4mvp24 wrote:
The players celebrate each win as if they won the championship. Nick young and Jordan Hill are especially most childish/embarrassing. I am surprised Byron hasn't called them out on this yet.

Nick Young celebrates hitting a 3 pointer when down by 20 as if he hit a playoff game winner.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
For me its carnies.

poltergeist
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I was thinking the same thing for a bit yesterday as well. Dancing around after a made shot with PLENTY of time still left in the game. Not to mention the guys are known to squander double digit leads in a matter of seconds. NOTHING to really be proud about, guys. Wes Johnson, Jeremy Lin and even Clarkson flexing/dancing and prancing around makes me laugh.

BUT then I realize these guys HAVEN'T been there before and they don't know a damn thing about winning MEANINGFUL games. They haven't had much to celebrate at all, so I just shake my head and remember the good ol days.

ppl need to relax - they have been getting destroyed all year, bench with the poor rotations and sometimes DNP - let them celebrate. they won't win for awhile probably lol
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject:

That's just players like Nick Young bringing the old Wizards culture to the Lakers. It's not like we should expect anything more from these guys. They're a bad team and that's how bad teams react to rare wins, especially when Kobe isn't there.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject:

ggeasy wrote:

Initially thought this thread was too critical of young men enjoying a hard fought win. I know I was thrilled with the win. (Despite the tank implications)

That was until I saw the clip of the post game behavior. I had turned off the game by that time and missed that. Completely unprofessional. There is a fine line between finding joy in the game and acting like an idiot. They crossed the line. Kobe's reaction said it all.

Seeing that also has me re-thinking my opinion of keeping Hill and especially Young around a rookie laden rebuilding team. Is that the prevailing behavior at a practice? During film sessions? How much of that can be directly tied to the team's lack of discipline on the court?

Makes you wonder when a consummate professional like Boozer seemed to be influenced by the behavior instead of leading them away. I have no issue with the players enjoying the effort and win but that was embarrassing IMO.

Lakers are fast becoming a punchline, why add to it by acting like court jesters.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject:

At least Nick Young doesn't celebrate meaningless three-pointers in blowout losses. That would be way worse.

Oh wait.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
WuKong
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

ggeasy wrote:

End Thread.

Kobe needs to take that 'are you kidding me' look to the mirror.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

ggeasy wrote:

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: First Take Destroying Jordan Hill, Nick Young, Carlos Boozer, et al

No link since it's happening as I type this (and thanks to editing technology here's a link to the First Take clip:

They're going off Kobe's reaction to our loser players acting like they won the championship (video here:

Stephen A

"embarresen"

"players look like a bunch of damn idiots"

"obviously don't like winning"

"Carlos Boozer you're an idiot for popping your head in there"

"even previous Lakers who WEREN'T greats wouldn't have done this. When you are a part of the Lakers legacy, you don't celebrate 14 wins as if it's the championship."

"Boozer photo-bombing makes no sense, is embarrassing, this all an indication of Lakers nation disintegrating because of Jim Buss. GET RID OF EVERYBODY."

"Disgusted with Kobe. Why allow Jim Buss to use you like a prop. Why be apart of this?"

Cari Champion

"ridiculous, tarnishes Lakers legacy."

"Magic, worthy, never would have done this"

"Lakers are bad."

Skip Bayless

"Kobe's silent response was sad"

"Kobe went numb, totally depressed at seeing these scrubs react this way"

"Kobe's one response was indicative: he wants to be the JK Simmons (Whiplash's tyrant music teacher) to this bunch of misfits and not-Lakers"

--

Oh and I think it's important to add that S & S both praised Lin for staying calm through the whole ordeal.

Last edited by Don Draper on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 11 times in total
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/sbnation/status/570100926553440256
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

It was over the top silliness. However I am positive that this type of behavior does not go on at practice as long as Byron Scott is around.
They would have to run suicides all day long.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:

SMH...
Some people just don't know how to act when a camera is thrown in their face.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

I really dislike Lin, Young and Hill
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

Get rid of all of them.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

Oh brother, is it really that serious? They were laughing and joking. So what! At least it was after a win. Listen, we as fans know that this season is a wash. Well guess what, the players know this as well. Yet, these guys have to still go out a perform. They are playing basketball! Basketball Is suppose to be fun! They won the damn game!

This was just another excuse for ESPN to go at Jim Buss and all of you so called Laker fans are helping to fan the flames. Did I like all of that, did t really care. These guys actually like each other And enjoy being around each other.

It's just not that serious! I can't belive that this has made national news! Unbelievable!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16
Jump to: