The way the players act after a win is embarrassing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

Well, Kobe, Randle, Nash, I haven't seen them there. I am disappointed with that too.
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
5 reasons why they're happy about the win

1-they finally won a game
2-they won it in OT
3-opponent was Celtics
4-they don't give a (bleep) bout what you, screamin A, or kobe thinks
5-they've always been a happy bunch

The bright side is that guys looks like a team, they are enjoying basketball. Spirit and team chemistry are still there even in losing streak and tanking season. Guys are living in the moment.
Moonknight
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Moonknight wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Moonknight wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Moonknight wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
To me this is like doing a big show after scoring a touchdown...when your team is down by 50. Yeah, you scored a touchdown, awesome, but tone it down.

They won the game. They didn't celebrate making a basket being down 30 points. When all you know for most of the season is losing, it is understandable to be joyful when you actually win a game. Similar to celebrating and dancing when the rain come after a long drought. No one would said that you seen the rain before and act like it would they?

I don't buy your analogy. It's the idiot WR who does the Icky shuffle down 50 here. You can be jubilant without being an idiot. Young/Hill were idiots. I don't blame Lin at all so don't understand why Lin fans are getting uptight about this.

Clowning around aside which I don't really care for, I don't really have a problem with the players being "happy" after a victory, and stop using the down by 50 analogy. They won the game. If you want to talk about the season as a whole then that's equivalent of being 1-14, not down 50. As for Lin fans, I rather discuss about the topic instead of other posters.

Well I'd say you can cease with the "drought" analogy too. They've hit rain 14 times.

I liken this to the Godfather when Michael Corleone was watching people at his father's funeral. The FO is watching. When the team is good again, I doubt you'll see guys like Hill (and somehow if they can rid themselves of Swaggy) around. They can't "act like they've been there" because they haven't.

7 games losing streak might not be long enough to consider as a drought, but it is at least it is along the line of the analogy in this situation. Score a TD while being down 50? Not so much in this situation. They won the game.

I think you're not understanding the fact that the reason why people have a problem with it is because it's in the context of the entire season, and not just the game. You see it as just a game; those criticizing it see it as ridiculous behavior given the totality of the circumstances.

That's fine that people think the players shouldn't celebrate after a victory with the way the season has gone. I just think it is not that big of a deal, especially when you are a terrible team. Let face it, the Lakers has had very little to celebrate this season so to me it's ok to do it after a win. I mean know who you are. When you are a terrible team you will celebrate after a victory. I think the players(aside from a few) acted perfectly for who or what they are as a team, a bad team. I just think people who think the players should have acted different are asking the players and team to be something they are not, and that is accustom to winning. They have not. It's like if I was to give my daughter a $20 she might give me a smile and said thanks. Where as if I was to give a 3rd world country kid a $20 he or she might be jumping for joy. Both are perfectly acceptable behavior. I certainly would not tell the 3rd world country kid to tone it down and act like he/she has seen that kind of money before. They haven't.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

^ Sorry, but Hill, Lin, Young aren't "third world country kids." They are paid professionals and what Hill/Young did wasn't very professional. Alright, I'll leave it at that.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ Sorry, but Hill, Lin, Young aren't "third world country kids." They are paid professionals and what Hill/Young did wasn't very professional. Alright, I'll leave it at that.

exactly why are people supporting this kind of clownish behavior
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well, Kobe, Randle, Nash, I haven't seen them there. I am disappointed with that too.

nash is worst. he hasnt shown up since it was announced that he is done for yr
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Travers wrote:
Kind of interesting to see such diverse comments and concern for this incident and the aftermath. Makes me curious if there is an age difference in those expressing opposing views. Older fans thinking the behavior was ridiculous and younger fans do not see an issue with it.

I just watched the clip again and still feel the player reactions on camera were unprofessional. Have no issue with them celebrating a precious win in a pathetic season. But time and place is important. Maybe I am old but the concept of acting like a professional means something. The old coaches saying of "act like you been there before" comes to mind.

My concern is that immaturity shown carries over to the court. In the responsibility of being a professional athlete. Preparing yourself physically and mentally every practice, every study time, every game and even every time they represent the Lakers in public.

There is a mentality that comes with being a professional. Old guys like Kobe and Scott get it. Include Lin too. Young players like Young, Hill and even D. Howard do not. Time and place. That clownish behavior would have been perfectly fine in the lockerroom, local bar or in someones living room. During a TV interview it was unprofessional and downright embarrassing.

Some insightful comment and analysis, I do agree most of it. Especially that professional players better act professionally, tho things change with time.

What I am upset is how Kobe and BS react to the incident. When Kobe was shown the video, even their teammates had done wrong, you don't react like that. You can shown offended, but not by your teammates but the host. Tell the host that they are teammates, like family, none of his business about that. I am sure Durant, TD will always defend his own teammates, iso of throwing them under the bus.

And for BS, absolutely no point to bring this out to the media again, especially after Kobe's reaction. It's like slap on one face and now the other.

Scott's reaction could be part of an ongoing frustration with the immaturity on the team.For all we know BS is piling on because he been dealing with this type of behavior all season long.

As I said, maturity and professionalism go hand in hand. The types of defensive lapses this team has had all season long could well be a result of that immaturity.

As for Kobe. Respect what he has done for the Lakers. Can respect his reaction to the clownish behavior. He has shown little patience for it. Only have to look at the friction with Howard as an example. Or even Shaq.

But I do take issue with how Kobe has continually alienated himself from the team while injured. I see no reason why he is not on the bench with the team at home. Very disappointing. So I can see why he has no problem throwing his teammates under the bus. In his mind he does not see them as teammates. The chasm between he and the other players is only widening. In all honesty I think it is a very real possibility Kobe retires this summer partially because of this separation.

Just curious, when was the last time Randle was seen at a game supporting his teammates. As a rookie and a proposed future leader of the team he should be there supporting the team and absorbing the experience of the NBA. I hope he chooses the demeanor, attitude and work habits of a ultra professional like Kobe instead of a lackadaisical clown like Young. Much depends on who he chooses to emulate.

Insightful and objective analysis on the issue again. I am enjoying it.

Hope Randle learn Kobe's professionalism, but not his humanity. Life is not about win or loss only, enjoy the life and cherish the friends.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
To me this is like doing a big show after scoring a touchdown...when your team is down by 50. Yeah, you scored a touchdown, awesome, but tone it down.

Or as another poster said, Nick Young celebrating a 3 when we're still down by 25

This is why Nick Young is an absolute dumbfuct. That clownish behavior the other day was not a "celebration" of winning. There is NOTHING to celebrate about when you are 14-40. NOTHING. If Jesus was there, he'd slap the shiznit out of Nick Young.

Truth is, a camera was there, and he used it as an opportunity to promote his brand of foolishness.

"Oh, he's just being Swaggy!" Enough of that shiznit, man. He's a dumbfuct who needs to be shipped out in the offseason. He doesn't give a damn if the team wins or not, so long as he gets the spotlight. We don't need players like that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

^ For the reasons you described, not sure there is a market for him at all.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I continue to be a bit amazed on the casual acceptance and defending of the unprofessional behavior by so many. The concept of time and place for everything seems to escape them.

I do not begrudge the Laker players finding some joy in this pathetic season. Good for them. But be professional. Interrupting a live TV interview to shout some unintelligible nonsense was ridiculous. Go celebrate to that extreme in the lockerroom or at Swaggy's house. Not on National TV. Act like a professional, win or lose.

I work with teens and they have the same problem. They do not understand the concepts of professional time and place. They can not understand why they cannot act (or dress) like they do with their friends at a party when they go on a job interview. Or use the same language and attitude with a teacher as they do with a peer n the streets. They don't get it. Same as Young and Hill do not apparently get it.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I continue to be a bit amazed on the casual acceptance and defending of the unprofessional behavior by so many. The concept of time and place for everything seems to escape them.

I do not begrudge the Laker players finding some joy in this pathetic season. Good for them. But be professional. Interrupting a live TV interview to shout some unintelligible nonsense was ridiculous. Go celebrate to that extreme in the lockerroom or at Swaggy's house. Not on National TV. Act like a professional, win or lose.

I work with teens and they have the same problem. They do not understand the concepts of professional time and place. They can not understand why they cannot act (or dress) like they do with their friends at a party when they go on a job interview. Or use the same language and attitude with a teacher as they do with a peer n the streets. They don't get it. Same as Young and Hill do not apparently get it.

I mean, Young and Hill have the minds of a teenager so it all sort of makes sense.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

Jordan Hill, Carlos Boozer, Swaggy P are all veterans who are supposed to provide veteran leadership.

We need to purge ourselves from a lot of these guys.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

And the freaking confetti? Really??? Talk about lipstick on a pig.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

Boozer is probably the only one remorseful. Swaggy and Jordan believe that kind of emotion is part of the game. It's Nick's nature to be unprofessional - Lakers should already have known that before they signed him.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I mean, Young and Hill have the minds of a teenager so it all sort of makes sense.

30 is the new 13.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

mykeinla wrote:
And the freaking confetti? Really??? Talk about lipstick on a pig.

I'm not sure when they started making it a regular habit.
Must be a recent thing...
And yes, I agree its overboard for regular season games.
I know they didn't drop the confetti during the playoffs during their last NBA Finals run...it only came down once they won the entire thing.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Jordan Hill, Carlos Boozer, Swaggy P are all veterans who are supposed to provide veteran leadership.

We need to purge ourselves from a lot of these guys.

If anything it makes these guys look undisciplined...and the reason why they have been losing so much.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

should they celebrate then, like some of you guys do, AFTER a loss?
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
Boozer is probably the only one remorseful. Swaggy and Jordan believe that kind of emotion is part of the game. It's Nick's nature to be unprofessional - Lakers should already have known that before they signed him.

This is the Lakers. We have a standard that everyone is used to. Unfortunately, this franchise has been hijacked by morons. It's time we took it back where it used to be. Mediocrity, foolishness, journeyman chuckers...these things should not be tolerated and accepted at any level!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
should they celebrate then, like some of you guys do, AFTER a loss?

False equivalency.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

people are making poor comparisons. magic beating the clippers? an army member celebrating after the pressure being lifted?

we suck this year. us beating the celtics doesn't change that. no pressure has been lifted because of that 1 win.

it's one thing to celebrate if you've finished accomplishing a goal. but not when you stink. completely different.

nick young is happy win or lose, and while some like to argue that is good for a young team, i disagree. it's a loser's mentality. i don't want players on my team who think we have "swag" because we snap a 7 game losing streak and we're at the bottom of the standings. flat out embarrassing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

mykeinla wrote:
DimesnD wrote:

This is the Lakers. We have a standard that everyone is used to. Unfortunately, this franchise has been hijacked by morons. It's time we took it back where it used to be. Mediocrity, foolishness, journeyman chuckers...these things should not be tolerated and accepted at any level!

I remember there was a thread on here where it said Nick Young should have no part of a championship caliber team....I have to say that poster who created that knew what he was talking about.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

The biggest thing out of this for me is that I have gained respect for Byron Scott.
While I am not confident in his ability as a coach I do appreciate him as a professional, a high character person and a role model.
It was very encouraging for me to see him slam their behaviour.

And no, Kobe and BScott should not treat those idiots as teammates, part of the team and show support. Its not tolerable. They way they acted was embarrassing and that is not the culture we should ever embrace on this team.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
people are making poor comparisons. magic beating the clippers? an army member celebrating after the pressure being lifted?

we suck this year. us beating the celtics doesn't change that. no pressure has been lifted because of that 1 win.

it's one thing to celebrate if you've finished accomplishing a goal. but not when you stink. completely different.

nick young is happy win or lose, and while some like to argue that is good for a young team, i disagree. it's a loser's mentality. i don't want players on my team who think we have "swag" because we snap a 7 game losing streak and we're at the bottom of the standings. flat out embarrassing.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

You guys don't like it when he's throwing up signs after a made 3 while we're down 25?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16
Jump to: