The way the players act after a win is embarrassing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject:

So did iggy dump him ?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
So did iggy dump him ?

No, but I think most longtime Laker fans have dumped Nick....
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
The biggest thing out of this for me is that I have gained respect for Byron Scott.
While I am not confident in his ability as a coach I do appreciate him as a professional, a high character person and a role model.
It was very encouraging for me to see him slam their behaviour.

And no, Kobe and BScott should not treat those idiots as teammates, part of the team and show support. Its not tolerable. They way they acted was embarrassing and that is not the culture we should ever embrace on this team.

Again, Nick Young is an idiot who doesn't appreciate or respect the culture and tradition of the Lakers. He does not care about that. In his head, he thinks he's a star and he likes the attention he gets playing for a big-market team. That's it. He does not care if we win or lose. All he cares about is advancing his brand and his Q Rating. He does not give two (bleep) if we win or lose. There is too much evidence these past few years to support this.

Kobe and Byron are the last links and the standard bearers from a glorious past that is slowly and progressively being eradicated by idiots like Nick Young, Jordan Hill, et al.

Nick Young does not deserve to wear this jersey. The Lakers FO needs to decide what image they want to put out there moving forward. This is an extremely difficult time for us and hard decisions will have to be made. We are at a crossroads. If the Nick Youngs and the "Drake" culture of the league is the way to go, then I would be ashamed to call myself a Lakers fan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

I have rarely said this, but 90% of this team really do not deserve to wear the proud Lakers jersey. But someone has to play I guess, and I'm counting down the number of games until this season finally dies.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

mykeinla wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
The biggest thing out of this for me is that I have gained respect for Byron Scott.
While I am not confident in his ability as a coach I do appreciate him as a professional, a high character person and a role model.
It was very encouraging for me to see him slam their behaviour.

And no, Kobe and BScott should not treat those idiots as teammates, part of the team and show support. Its not tolerable. They way they acted was embarrassing and that is not the culture we should ever embrace on this team.

Again, Nick Young is an idiot who doesn't appreciate or respect the culture and tradition of the Lakers. He does not care about that. In his head, he thinks he's a star and he likes the attention he gets playing for a big-market team. That's it. He does not care if we win or lose. All he cares about is advancing his brand and his Q Rating. He does not give two (bleep) if we win or lose. There is too much evidence these past few years to support this.

Kobe and Byron are the last links and the standard bearers from a glorious past that is slowly and progressively being eradicated by idiots like Nick Young, Jordan Hill, et al.

Nick Young does not deserve to wear this jersey. The Lakers FO needs to decide what image they want to put out there moving forward. This is an extremely difficult time for us and hard decisions will have to be made. We are at a crossroads. If the Nick Youngs and the "Drake" culture of the league is the way to go, then I would be ashamed to call myself a Lakers fan.

Great post. Just cut Nick Young if no one wants him. Although preferably someone will want him in a trade. Nick's been a loser everywhere he played and there's a good reason for that. Pistons cutting Josh Smith proved just how much it helps when a team gets rid of an idiot like that.

So yeah...happy to have Kobe and Byron right now. Seriously, I never felt good about Byron as a coach until now.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
people are making poor comparisons. magic beating the clippers? an army member celebrating after the pressure being lifted?

we suck this year. us beating the celtics doesn't change that. no pressure has been lifted because of that 1 win.

it's one thing to celebrate if you've finished accomplishing a goal. but not when you stink. completely different.

nick young is happy win or lose, and while some like to argue that is good for a young team, i disagree. it's a loser's mentality. i don't want players on my team who think we have "swag" because we snap a 7 game losing streak and we're at the bottom of the standings. flat out embarrassing.

You guys don't like it when he's throwing up signs after a made 3 while we're down 25?

Well, when you put it that way....uh Hell now!
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

look who Nick's first mentor and still close friend is Gilbert "gunslinger" Arenas should tell you all you need to know about this clown, I think he would be valuable and could take his act more on a contending team as a role player but on a bad team just piles on to the frustration
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

OMG if this is what it has come down to us Lakers fans are truly SPOILED ELITESTS..

I understand the "WAY" to do things and all. But we suck. Our coach is INTENTIONALLY keeping us out of games...and there is probably a frustration going on from the players perspective.

If this is the WORST way our team LASHES out and acts out of character then i am ok with it. Was it the best thing...No...was it immature...yes...

But so what? we all agree we would rather see a team that tries and competes hard over a team constantly put in a position to LOSE.

If BScott was SOOOOOOOO upset over this...and KOBE is soooooo upset over this...WHY have they made MORE IMMATURE DECISIONS than everyone else COMBINED!!!

Bscott - overplaying kobe + horrible lineups + no offensive schemes

Kobe - Shooting 30x a game + with a bad shoulder + playing free safety.

So for all yall fans blaming the "NOBODYS" on the team...its the SOMEBODYS that deserve the negative recognition!
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Nick Young has the second losing-est record among all NBA players.

His answer for everything is "I just got to make sure I'm having fun."
kastuul
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

http://s13.postimg.org/5341oglf9/2c1a921c8701a18b7be46a479a2f07082938fefe.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/l0owwqesl/ec35daedab64034fa5c2ba0eabc379310b551dfd.jpg

Are these from season 12-13 ??
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:

That team started 18-25 and then Kobe turned into superman and dragged it into the playoffs. I KNOW you aren't comparing the two situations or the players involved.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:

That team started 18-25 and then Kobe turned into superman and dragged it into the playoffs. I KNOW you aren't comparing the two situations or the players involved.

True that. On top of that, regardless of the players involved or the situations, high fives and chest bumps aren't even the realm of jackass-ery (i made that word up) displayed by these buffoons:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

the power of one veto that brings us to a downward spiral into the toilet....

I wonder how the NBA ratings are doing since the lakers knicks and celtics are not in contention
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

It's the Nick Young factor. Jordan Hill has played on some Lakers teams that won more important games than that one, and his reaction was never so outlandish. Hill knows how to conduct himself.

Enter Nick Young. His ridiculous, loser persona has slowly spread throughout the locker room. It's not fun-loving. It's self-promoting and obnoxious.

Get Nick out of here. I don't want him hanging around Randle and, hopefully, the new draft pick.

The funny thing is I am not put off by brash individuals and TD or dunk celebrations or emotional outbursts. I actually like them. But for some reason the Young, Hill show came across different to me. It was embarrassing.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:

it looks like guys love to crash J Lin's interviews...
just came across another youtube video of Swaggy crashed J Lin's interview...

Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Capt.Skyhook wrote:
It's the Nick Young factor. Jordan Hill has played on some Lakers teams that won more important games than that one, and his reaction was never so outlandish. Hill knows how to conduct himself.

Enter Nick Young. His ridiculous, loser persona has slowly spread throughout the locker room. It's not fun-loving. It's self-promoting and obnoxious.

Get Nick out of here. I don't want him hanging around Randle and, hopefully, the new draft pick.

The funny thing is I am not put off by brash individuals and TD or dunk celebrations or emotional outbursts. I actually like them. But for some reason the Young, Hill show came across different to me. It was embarrassing.

Nick is a goofy fun loving dude, so is JHill... as long as they play hard on the court, fans should be fine...
people read too much into their goofy behaviors...
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:

The first pic is not from 2012-2013. Sasha Vujacic was not on the team that year. The last time he played for the Lakers was 2010. I understand you're trying to prove a point but don't make (bleep) up. Just because you saw Kobe celebrating, does not equal to what these fools did the previous night. You're comparing teams that made the playoffs versus this scrub filled team who is at the bottom of the barrel.
rockets killer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

yeaaa right ... the players are at fault for losing, smells super fishy. With BS's weird rotations and starting lineup. Blame the coach, he is the one 'developing' young talent . (ie TANKING) .
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv4Yy6aAWgw#t=569

One was a rookie who probably didn't know any better going into the season with a 0-0 record and who just won his first team win at the last second.

The others were vets on a seven game losing streak in the midst of one of the worst seasons in franchise history.

Apples and quick grits.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
24 wrote:
Just some young guys in a lost season enjoying a rare win, against a hated rival. I shudder to think what some would make of magic jumping in Kareem's arms after his first regular season win.

This

That's the 411 on that!!!!!!

Coach Wooden
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Capt.Skyhook wrote:

Nick is a goofy fun loving dude, so is JHill... as long as they play hard on the court, fans should be fine...
people read too much into their goofy behaviors...

You weren't here last year when Nick had his antics as well....frankly, most of us are tired of him, 2 seasons of him is enough, to think he's got a contract for another 3 years on this team.
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Surprised it took this long for Nick's antics to wear thin. I can't really see him on a winning team.
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject:

We've all done dumb things when we knew everyone was looking. Have we not?
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

mastersworddude wrote:
Surprised it took this long for Nick's antics to wear thin. I can't really see him on a winning team.

When we started bad this season, fans wanted Nick. He came and initially provided a spark plug and actually helped us compete in some games.

Now people want him out of here.

Why complain? He was brought in by our FO. Blame them.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kastuul wrote:

True that. On top of that, regardless of the players involved or the situations, high fives and chest bumps aren't even the realm of jackass-ery (i made that word up) displayed by these buffoons:

And on top of all THAT, there's no reason NOT to celebrate when Sasha Vujacic is on your squad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: