Rose knee surgery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
No, not surprised at all. About two years ago, I predicted that Rose would become the first NBA MVP not to make the Basketball Hall of Fame. I'm sticking with that prediction.

The 2nd and 3rd will be Kevin Durant and Stephan Curry/James Harden (if they win it this year).

Durant? He is on the cusp of already deserving to be in. And will be a lock by the time his career is over. He has won the scoring title 5 out of his 7 seasons.

Meh. Somewhat of a lack luster career thus far. No rings. 1 Finals appearance.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

When I saw the article on my phone, I had ego check the date to see if it was another one. Poor guy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Damn. Sorry D Rose, probably one of the most athletic players ever pre-injury. Sucks his career has gone down like this. Hopefully he can make it back and play at a high level at some point.
PNG98
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

The black cloud hanging over Rose's head refuses to leave. Has to be frustrating and disheartening for him and his teammates but I doubt he's ready to call it a career.

Even with a healthy Rose, I don't see Chicago (depth, scoring , chemistry) or anybody in the East getting past Cleveland as long as LeBron is LeBron.

Rose's injury, Butler's contract situation, and tension between Thibs and the FO, interesting off season ahead for the Bulls.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject:

People are wondering whether they should do the full repair (6-8 months) vs the trimming (4-5 weeks), but he already had the "full repair" last year (same knee).
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject:

PNG98 wrote:
The black cloud hanging over Rose's head refuses to leave. Has to be frustrating and disheartening for him and his teammates but I doubt he's ready to call it a career.

Even with a healthy Rose, I don't see Chicago (depth, scoring , chemistry) or anybody in the East getting past Cleveland as long as LeBron is LeBron.

Rose's injury, Butler's contract situation, and tension between Thibs and the FO, interesting off season ahead for the Bulls.

I don't give a damn how good Atlanta looks right now or their record is....
The Cavs are the favorite in the east period as long as Lebron is healthy. If anyone hasn't noticed they are up to the 4th seed in the eastern conference and only 2 games away from taking over the 2nd seed. Also they got Perkins from waivers so they are deeper just in time for the playoffs.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject:

Before the Hawks went on that long unbeaten run I was expecting the Bulls and the Wizards to somehow take the Cavs to maybe 6 or 7 and maybe pull an upset.
The Wizards have totally lost it the last few games. I thought the Bulls were finally coming together and string a couple good wins, but then Rose went down again so they're out of contention now.
The Cavs have addressed their most obvious weakness with the Mozgov trade. It's almost a clear path to the Finals for the Cavs now.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject:

The Jordan curse. J Williams was going to be pretty good too IMO. Now Rose and hes prob done if he wasnt already. Still The Bulls are the best chance to prevent LBJ for getting another finals. That might not be such a bad thing
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject:

I bet he opts for the removal and quick return. Here's why- this may be his best shot at a Finals appearance ever. He now knows the likelyhood of him making it through a full season is low as hell. He can come back during the playoffs and be in the hunt. There's no garuntee he gets in the hunt again,is healthy enough for the playoffs again , bcuz he's probly guna keep getting hurt. He knows he's crazy injury prone now
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject:

Maybe the Hawks should use all the disrespect they are getting as motivation. Atlanta would still get disrespected if they won 65-70 games. It's unbelievable.

Cleveland isn't Miami. Irving and Love don't even know what the playoffs is. Cleveland, like Atlanta, hasn't been tested in the playoffs.

Atlanta is going to have to beat the Cavs in the playoffs to get respect. Cleveland on the other hand was being respected before they even played a game.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I bet he opts for the removal and quick return. Here's why- this may be his best shot at a Finals appearance ever. He now knows the likelyhood of him making it through a full season is low as hell. He can come back during the playoffs and be in the hunt. There's no garuntee he gets in the hunt again,is healthy enough for the playoffs again , bcuz he's probly guna keep getting hurt. He knows he's crazy injury prone now

Rose strikes me more as someone who sees basketball as a job to get paid than a basketball is life guy.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Maybe the Hawks should use all the disrespect they are getting as motivation. Atlanta would still get disrespected if they won 65-70 games. It's unbelievable.

Cleveland isn't Miami. Irving and Love don't even know what the playoffs is. Cleveland, like Atlanta, hasn't been tested in the playoffs.

Atlanta is going to have to beat the Cavs in the playoffs to get respect. Cleveland on the other hand was being respected before they even played a game.

As Kobe put it, who apart from San Antonio really has that mileage at this point?

Every other team has some experience, but not much and usually several players with few to none.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject:

Done.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Cleveland was respected before they even played a game because LeBron has a lengthy history of carrying far lesser teams to at least the Conference Finals ...

If a barely 22 year old LeBron can carry (yes, carry ... go ahead and examine that roster ... we've been lucky to face some feeble teams in the Finals ourselves over our past five championships, but this Cavs roster wouldn't have won 20 games without LeBron, much less qualified for the Playoffs and navigated past the Pistons into the Finals) a starting backcourt that consists of Boobie Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic to the Finals (the rest of the roster was mostly trash, as well), isn't it reasonable to assume that a 30 year old LeBron (with 5 - 8 seasons under his belt as the best player in the game) might experience some success in the playoffs with this roster?

The jury is out on the Hawks ... for me, I haven't seen anything from Atlanta YET that suggests that they are going to show up when the lights are brightest ... I feel that way about GS, though, too ... I might be proven wrong. We'll see in three months ...
lenouveau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Rose knee surgery

mhan00 wrote:
Wow. Rose is Mister Glass.

http://media.tumblr.com/3cce3904aaa2e2cdab156c07d0736888/tumblr_inline_mwurt8qeLs1qcvfuw.jpg

Jokes aside, a meniscus problem can be solved in less than one month. It reallly depends on the problem.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
No, not surprised at all. About two years ago, I predicted that Rose would become the first NBA MVP not to make the Basketball Hall of Fame. I'm sticking with that prediction.

His narrative driven MVP was only outdone by AI's.

Pretty much.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

The 2nd and 3rd will be Kevin Durant and Stephan Curry/James Harden (if they win it this year).

I don't know where you're coming up with that. Durant's resume is far superior to Rose's resume. If Curry or Harden won the MVP and then suffered an catastrophic injury, they might resemble Rose. Otherwise, no.
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Rose knee surgery

lenouveau wrote:
Jokes aside, a meniscus problem can be solved in less than one month. It reallly depends on the problem.

You can even have a torn meniscus without the need to repair it. I myself have a torn meniscus, absolutely free of pain even after hours of hard practice, and I´m still able to do exactly the same things I did before the "injury". I refused surgery, even though the doctors were already salivating with the results of the magnetic resonance, telling me that I should do it or wait for the consequences... but these simply do not exist.

As you say, it changes depending on the particular problem, and surgeons have a disturbing tendency to go for it almost every time, with very bad results sometimes.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

I don't know where you're coming up with that. Durant's resume is far superior to Rose's resume. If Curry or Harden won the MVP and then suffered an catastrophic injury, they might resemble Rose. Otherwise, no.

If Durant doesn't start winning some rings he may be as impressive as T-Mac.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
If Durant doesn't start winning some rings he may be as impressive as T-Mac.

Oh-kay. We all know that winning rings is a requirement for making the Basketball Hall of Fame, right? It's a damn shame that Stockton, Malone, Wilkins, Barkley, Ewing, Gervin, Miller, and Baylor didn't make the Hall. We'll never see trash like Iverson in the Hall. Thanks for clearing that up.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject:

Gwyn wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

On a side note, I guess Lebron's getting another easy path to the finals then.

Well, they always said he was more Magic than Michael.

You mean more Michael than Magic.

I was referring to having an "easy" path to the Finals.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
eureca wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Durant? He is on the cusp of already deserving to be in. And will be a lock by the time his career is over. He has won the scoring title 5 out of his 7 seasons.

Meh. Somewhat of a lack luster career thus far. No rings. 1 Finals appearance.

Which is already more playoff success than some other HOF SF's, such as Dominique Wilkins. Durant is pretty much a lock.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Cleveland was respected before they even played a game because LeBron has a lengthy history of carrying far lesser teams to at least the Conference Finals ...

If a barely 22 year old LeBron can carry (yes, carry ... go ahead and examine that roster ... we've been lucky to face some feeble teams in the Finals ourselves over our past five championships, but this Cavs roster wouldn't have won 20 games without LeBron, much less qualified for the Playoffs and navigated past the Pistons into the Finals) a starting backcourt that consists of Boobie Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic to the Finals (the rest of the roster was mostly trash, as well), isn't it reasonable to assume that a 30 year old LeBron (with 5 - 8 seasons under his belt as the best player in the game) might experience some success in the playoffs with this roster?

The jury is out on the Hawks ... for me, I haven't seen anything from Atlanta YET that suggests that they are going to show up when the lights are brightest ... I feel that way about GS, though, too ... I might be proven wrong. We'll see in three months ...

I don't think Lebron leading Cleveland to the Finals in 2007 was that impressive of an accomplishment. We all saw what happened when they ran into a real team in the Finals. That Cleveland team only won 50 games. That year reminded me of the years when Byron Scott coached the Nets teams that made the Finals. They made it because the competition in the conference was so weak.

I don't doubt that the Cavs would beat teams like Washington, Toronto, Chicago (assuming Rose doesn't come back) and Miami in the playoffs. I'm annoyed because people are assuming they would beat Atlanta. I think Atlanta would beat those teams too, so why is Atlanta being put down while the Cavs get so much praise? The same people praising the Cavs because they look good on paper are probably the same people who thought the 2012 Lakers would win at least 2 championships and embarrass the Miami Heat (who were led by Lebron) in the Finals.

Quote:
isn't it reasonable to assume that a 30 year old LeBron (with 5 - 8 seasons under his belt as the best player in the game) might experience some success in the playoffs with this roster?

People aren't saying they will experience some success in the playoffs. They are saying the Cavs will be in the Finals. In other words, they think Cleveland has the East locked up already. I'm not sure why but I find those comments annoying.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Pretty much.

2005-2006 Steve Nash says "Hi."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Pretty much.

2005-2006 Steve Nash says "Hi."

Ouch. Forgot about that one. When even Simmons says Kobe was robbed, you know it was a robbery.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: