Rose knee surgery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
eureca wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
No, not surprised at all. About two years ago, I predicted that Rose would become the first NBA MVP not to make the Basketball Hall of Fame. I'm sticking with that prediction.

The 2nd and 3rd will be Kevin Durant and Stephan Curry/James Harden (if they win it this year).

Durant? He is on the cusp of already deserving to be in. And will be a lock by the time his career is over. He has won the scoring title 5 out of his 7 seasons.

Meh. Somewhat of a lack luster career thus far. No rings. 1 Finals appearance.

You haven't been paying attention to the careers of guys that are already in the HoF. He already has more playoff success than the vast majority of them and he's 25.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
No, not surprised at all. About two years ago, I predicted that Rose would become the first NBA MVP not to make the Basketball Hall of Fame. I'm sticking with that prediction.

His narrative driven MVP was only outdone by AI's.

Pretty much.

2005-2006 Steve Nash says "Hi."

Ouch. Forgot about that one. When even Simmons says Kobe was robbed, you know it was a robbery.

And when he said it, he had the same look as the dude in your avatar
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Pretty much.

Ouch. Forgot about that one. When even Simmons says Kobe was robbed, you know it was a robbery.

That's me watching the bums on our roster play!
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
the association wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Maybe the Hawks should use all the disrespect they are getting as motivation. Atlanta would still get disrespected if they won 65-70 games. It's unbelievable.

Cleveland isn't Miami. Irving and Love don't even know what the playoffs is. Cleveland, like Atlanta, hasn't been tested in the playoffs.

Atlanta is going to have to beat the Cavs in the playoffs to get respect. Cleveland on the other hand was being respected before they even played a game.

Cleveland was respected before they even played a game because LeBron has a lengthy history of carrying far lesser teams to at least the Conference Finals ...

If a barely 22 year old LeBron can carry (yes, carry ... go ahead and examine that roster ... we've been lucky to face some feeble teams in the Finals ourselves over our past five championships, but this Cavs roster wouldn't have won 20 games without LeBron, much less qualified for the Playoffs and navigated past the Pistons into the Finals) a starting backcourt that consists of Boobie Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic to the Finals (the rest of the roster was mostly trash, as well), isn't it reasonable to assume that a 30 year old LeBron (with 5 - 8 seasons under his belt as the best player in the game) might experience some success in the playoffs with this roster?

The jury is out on the Hawks ... for me, I haven't seen anything from Atlanta YET that suggests that they are going to show up when the lights are brightest ... I feel that way about GS, though, too ... I might be proven wrong. We'll see in three months ...

I don't think Lebron leading Cleveland to the Finals in 2007 was that impressive of an accomplishment. We all saw what happened when they ran into a real team in the Finals. That Cleveland team only won 50 games. That year reminded me of the years when Byron Scott coached the Nets teams that made the Finals. They made it because the competition in the conference was so weak.

I don't doubt that the Cavs would beat teams like Washington, Toronto, Chicago (assuming Rose doesn't come back) and Miami in the playoffs. I'm annoyed because people are assuming they would beat Atlanta. I think Atlanta would beat those teams too, so why is Atlanta being put down while the Cavs get so much praise? The same people praising the Cavs because they look good on paper are probably the same people who thought the 2012 Lakers would win at least 2 championships and embarrass the Miami Heat (who were led by Lebron) in the Finals.

Quote:
isn't it reasonable to assume that a 30 year old LeBron (with 5 - 8 seasons under his belt as the best player in the game) might experience some success in the playoffs with this roster?

People aren't saying they will experience some success in the playoffs. They are saying the Cavs will be in the Finals. In other words, they think Cleveland has the East locked up already. I'm not sure why but I find those comments annoying.

If you don't think a 22 year old with that supporting cast losing to the SAS (perhaps the best Spurs team of all during their championship run) by an average of 6 points per game in the NBA Finals isn't impressive, I'm not sure that I can convince you otherwise (much less that the earth isn't actually flat) ... I take it the 2OT road game at The Palace where he tore the Pistons' heart out (and defecated on their recent championship pedigree) with 25 straight points and 29 of the team's final 30 points probably didn't dazzle you either?

I understand some of your frustration with the treatment Atlanta's receiving at the moment ... but honestly, you're not going to be a little bit blown away if Atlanta manages to get four wins on the Cavs in a playoff series?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Pretty much.

Literally made me bust out in open laughter!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Pretty much.

What?!?! We have an exciting roster with Nick Young's offense, Jeremy Lin's passing, Carlos Boozer's toughness, and, and, that's about it.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I guess the best thing Chicago can do is rebuild . Might as well try to trade gasol for some second round picks.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Its like LeBron has a Derrick Rose Voodoo doll that he won't let go
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Its like LeBron has a Derrick Rose Voodoo doll that he won't let go

Does he really need a voodoo doll? The reality is that he's faced the Bulls with Rose in the lineup twice in the Playoffs, winning both series 4 - 1 ... he also faced the Bulls once in the Playoffs without Rose in the lineup ... yeah, won that series 4 - 1, as well. So he's 12 - 3 in the Playoffs vs. Chicago ...

No, I don't think facing Chicago in the Playoffs is too much of a concern for LeBron; now, his Playoff kryptonite has been his feeble supporting case (2007) and/or any team from central Texas (2007, 2011, 2014) over the years.

Nevertheless, sucks for Rose. This chronic injury issue must be devastating to Bulls fans. Oh, well ... 6 rings in a decade of play. They got (sic) theirs ...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
the association wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Maybe the Hawks should use all the disrespect they are getting as motivation. Atlanta would still get disrespected if they won 65-70 games. It's unbelievable.

Cleveland isn't Miami. Irving and Love don't even know what the playoffs is. Cleveland, like Atlanta, hasn't been tested in the playoffs.

Atlanta is going to have to beat the Cavs in the playoffs to get respect. Cleveland on the other hand was being respected before they even played a game.

Cleveland was respected before they even played a game because LeBron has a lengthy history of carrying far lesser teams to at least the Conference Finals ...

If a barely 22 year old LeBron can carry (yes, carry ... go ahead and examine that roster ... we've been lucky to face some feeble teams in the Finals ourselves over our past five championships, but this Cavs roster wouldn't have won 20 games without LeBron, much less qualified for the Playoffs and navigated past the Pistons into the Finals) a starting backcourt that consists of Boobie Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic to the Finals (the rest of the roster was mostly trash, as well), isn't it reasonable to assume that a 30 year old LeBron (with 5 - 8 seasons under his belt as the best player in the game) might experience some success in the playoffs with this roster?

The jury is out on the Hawks ... for me, I haven't seen anything from Atlanta YET that suggests that they are going to show up when the lights are brightest ... I feel that way about GS, though, too ... I might be proven wrong. We'll see in three months ...

I don't think Lebron leading Cleveland to the Finals in 2007 was that impressive of an accomplishment. We all saw what happened when they ran into a real team in the Finals. That Cleveland team only won 50 games. That year reminded me of the years when Byron Scott coached the Nets teams that made the Finals. They made it because the competition in the conference was so weak.

I don't doubt that the Cavs would beat teams like Washington, Toronto, Chicago (assuming Rose doesn't come back) and Miami in the playoffs. I'm annoyed because people are assuming they would beat Atlanta. I think Atlanta would beat those teams too, so why is Atlanta being put down while the Cavs get so much praise? The same people praising the Cavs because they look good on paper are probably the same people who thought the 2012 Lakers would win at least 2 championships and embarrass the Miami Heat (who were led by Lebron) in the Finals.

Quote:
isn't it reasonable to assume that a 30 year old LeBron (with 5 - 8 seasons under his belt as the best player in the game) might experience some success in the playoffs with this roster?

People aren't saying they will experience some success in the playoffs. They are saying the Cavs will be in the Finals. In other words, they think Cleveland has the East locked up already. I'm not sure why but I find those comments annoying.

If you don't think a 22 year old with that supporting cast losing to the SAS (perhaps the best Spurs team of all during their championship run) by an average of 6 points per game in the NBA Finals isn't impressive, I'm not sure that I can convince you otherwise (much less that the earth isn't actually flat)

Cleveland put up less resistance than any team the Spurs played in the West (the Cavs were the only team the Spurs swept) and you're trying to suggest the Cavs put up a tough fight? Cleveland didn't even win a game. I remember being really bored with that series because it felt like the outcome was never in doubt. Lebron leading that team to zero wins and four losses in that series doesn't impress me.

Quote:
... I take it the 2OT road game at The Palace where he tore the Pistons' heart out (and defecated on their recent championship pedigree) with 25 straight points and 29 of the team's final 30 points probably didn't dazzle you either?

Actually that was impressive, but it doesn't change my opinion that the Cavs won the East because the conference was weak.

Quote:
I understand some of your frustration with the treatment Atlanta's receiving at the moment ... but honestly, you're not going to be a little bit blown away if Atlanta manages to get four wins on the Cavs in a playoff series?

I would be surprised, but that's because I'd be amazed at how much progress they made in such a short period of time. Now that they have won a lot of games and beaten a lot of good teams, I wouldn't consider it such a shock as long as they look good the rest of the season.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
the association wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
the association wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Quote:

If you don't think a 22 year old with that supporting cast losing to the SAS (perhaps the best Spurs team of all during their championship run) by an average of 6 points per game in the NBA Finals isn't impressive, I'm not sure that I can convince you otherwise (much less that the earth isn't actually flat)

Cleveland put up less resistance than any team the Spurs played in the West (the Cavs were the only team the Spurs swept) and you're trying to suggest the Cavs put up a tough fight? Cleveland didn't even win a game. I remember being really bored with that series because it felt like the outcome was never in doubt. I'm supposed to be impressed with a team that got swept? I'm supposed to be impressed because Lebron led his team to zero wins and four losses? Huh?

Quote:
... I take it the 2OT road game at The Palace where he tore the Pistons' heart out (and defecated on their recent championship pedigree) with 25 straight points and 29 of the team's final 30 points probably didn't dazzle you either?

Actually that was impressive, but it doesn't change my opinion that the Cavs won the East because the conference was weak.

Quote:

I would be surprised, but that's because I'd be amazed at how much progress they made in such a short period of time. Now that they have won a lot of games and beaten a lot of good teams, I wouldn't consider it such a shock as long as they look good the rest of the season.

So I'll disagree with you regarding the Finals matter ... I don't think any player at or around that age in the past 35 years [i.e., since Magic] could have even brought that roster within sight of the brink ... yes, they were swept and yes, it wasn't very competitive ... that said, the mere fact of getting through to the Finals was a herculean task tantamount to the Hawks prospectively beating a healthy Cavs in the Playoffs this year with Horford and Teague unable to suit up ... look at that roster again if you haven't lately ... I mean, really look at that roster and contemplate a 22 year old leading that menagerie to the Finals.

Regarding shock in the event the Hawks advance to the Finals ... I'll take your word that you will not be shocked. I'd be stunned; but I guess I've seen that movie before ('04 Pistons in the Finals, '14 Spurs in the Finals).
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Rose had surgery and is expected to be back before the playoffs.

Quote:
Derrick Rose's knee surgery was successful, and the Bulls guard should be cleared to return to the team in four to six weeks, general manager Gar Forman said Friday

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=12392571&city=chicago&src=desktop
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Rose had surgery and is expected to be back before the playoffs.

Quote:
Derrick Rose's knee surgery was successful, and the Bulls guard should be cleared to return to the team in four to six weeks, general manager Gar Forman said Friday

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=12392571&city=chicago&src=desktop

I was very happy to hear this
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: