LG! Health is Paramount!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: LG! Health is Paramount!

In this mess of a season, it has been most difficult to staunchly support the F.O. and its 'vision'. With that being said, I have recently found myself more aware of my health and fitness as I lost close friends and companions due to poor health habits. Diet is Key! I've been a Laker fan since 4, now 51 and had my first bout of Gout two weeks ago. In 2013 my BP had risen to 161, that has been managed and now its 128. My life has been mostly pain-free until these recent times and I accept whats sure to come my way as I age. I wanted to say that during our down times on the court, please remember and be thankful of all of our good times that most every other fan is insanely jealous of. Lets make an effort to pay attention to our bodies and get regular invasions from your doctors for preventative measures, your family will appreciate you being there for the emergence of our next superstar!

Lakers4ever...

Last edited by alexjlake_gr8t on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Good post. Sucks about the gout, I get it about 3-4 times a year. Hurts like hell. I want to be around for a long time, so I see my doctor twice a year with blood work. Since 2010 I have lost about 70 pounds just by eating healthier and paying attention to portion sizes. I never realized how excessive the American diet is until I started eating correct portions.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Being alive, being healthy.

The lakers losing is nothing.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Good post dude. Sorry for your suffering.

A little perspective is always refreshing.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Sorry to hear that. Met many patients who had gout and my hope is, through following your doctor's or nutritionist's advice, that you don't have many flare-ups and stay healthy.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to Legacy for the catch, did I mention Im occasionally dyslexic?

And thanks to you all for your responses. Truth be known I was under the impression that I WAS on a great no-carb diet: Lean red meats, chicken, fish, shellfish, salads of varying veggies with spinach leading the front, low sodium seasonings, brown rice, black beans, 0 bread etc. Turns out that spinach leads the way to creating an overload of Uric acid that loves to settle in the good ol' joints creating an arthritic ailment just as painful as Rheumatoid. The worst pain I've ever had to date. I was amazed at so many co-workers here at the hospital that suffer with it in multiple joints because they refuse to change their diets!

VLF invest in the Black Cherry Extract easily found at GNC or similar health supplement stores. It will deal with the inflammation. I also now drink the Apple Cider vinegar with Mother & Honey as a tea to address the Uric acid.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I have an underactive thyroid, thanks mom, but refuse to take the meds because I saw what it did to her I manage it through nutrition, Apple Cider Vinegar and Vitamins and supplements, fyi you can eat as much spinach as you want as long as you balance out your vitamin intake and you would get the build up
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

the vegetarian thread has some helpful tips
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

alexjlake_gr8t wrote:
Thanks to Legacy for the catch, did I mention Im occasionally dyslexic?

And thanks to you all for your responses. Truth be known I was under the impression that I WAS on a great no-carb diet: Lean red meats, chicken, fish, shellfish, salads of varying veggies with spinach leading the front, low sodium seasonings, brown rice, black beans, 0 bread etc. Turns out that spinach leads the way to creating an overload of Uric acid that loves to settle in the good ol' joints creating an arthritic ailment just as painful as Rheumatoid. The worst pain I've ever had to date. I was amazed at so many co-workers here at the hospital that suffer with it in multiple joints because they refuse to change their diets!

VLF invest in the Black Cherry Extract easily found at GNC or similar health supplement stores. It will deal with the inflammation. I also now drink the Apple Cider vinegar with Mother & Honey as a tea to address the Uric acid.

I have been using the cherry extract and I believe that it does help. Unfortunately, one food that immediately fires the gout up is oysters, and I love oysters.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I have an underactive thyroid, thanks mom, but refuse to take the meds because I saw what it did to her I manage it through nutrition, Apple Cider Vinegar and Vitamins and supplements, fyi you can eat as much spinach as you want as long as you balance out your vitamin intake and you would get the build up

Add some acid like lemon juice to spinach and it will release more iron.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Definitely. At one time, I wasn't drinking enough water. Kidney stone. Worst pain ever. Doc said you gotta eat better and take care of yaself. Only have one life, one body. Better treasure it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Definitely. At one time, I wasn't drinking enough water. Kidney stone. Worst pain ever. Doc said you gotta eat better and take care of yaself.
Only have one life, one body. Better treasure it.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if relevant, but I got off my crutches today after dealing with a microfracture surgery in the knee. So good day overall!
15 lbs gained in 6 weeks of inactivity was the not-so-good news.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Good health is precious, it is something that I have not enjoyed for over 3 years. Take care of your body and mind by doing the obvious, however, there are many illnesses that are relentless, they could care less about doing the right thing.

Good health to all....
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I didn't see smoking addressed in this thread yet. Gotta pick up those vape mods guys/gals.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
Good health is precious, it is something that I have not enjoyed for over 3 years. Take care of your body and mind by doing the obvious, however, there are many illnesses that are relentless, they could care less about doing the right thing.

Good health to all....

Hang in there. 5 years ago I was in intensive care but today, I have never felt healthier.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Coming from a family of doctors, I learned that health not only means your physical health, but also your emotional health, and that's something many seem to neglect. I'm young enough to not have any real problems with my physical health, but after years of being around negative people and struggling with insomnia in college, I had to learn the hard way that bad emotional health can not only affect your physical health but also your relationships. Our healthy regimen should include getting 7-8 hrs/sleep a night and making sure we associate with positive, like minded people.
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Voices wrote:

Good health to all....

Hang in there. 5 years ago I was in intensive care but today, I have never felt healthier.

Thank you, I am fighting an uphill battle that seems to be getting the best of me lately. I don't give up easy though.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject:

lol looks like everybody on this site is on there last leg
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

I need to lose weight. I just bought a book called "Eat Bacon, Don't Jog" because it sounded like I might enjoy it. I think it advocates an "Atkins" type of low carb diet and resistance training rather than aerobics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: