** Clarkson Has Arrived (22pts 4 rebs 3 assts), Let's Celebrate! ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
24 wrote:
I don't think he's locked in, proof being their interest in dragic, but as a green rookie playing in a lineup with no support, he's done better than expected. And when given help from Nash, seems to be assimilating it. Telling that they've given him a bit of help lately with boozer and he is progressing even faster. Still has a ways to go but really coming on.

Pass on Dragic. I rather see Lin and Clarkson play side by side.

Me too. I'd also want the FO to throw money at Nash to be a PG coach.

A combo of Clarkson and Lin could be decently skilled and be a lot more cap friendly than signing a borderline star PG.

I feel like our greatest needs right now are C and SF. Put most of our money there.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Jordan Clarkson posts the highest PER of any rookie point guard, and is third overall among all rookies.
Clarkson and Smart are tied for first among the four elite rookie point guards (along with Payton and Exum), in offensive winshares at 0.5

Did The Lakers Steal The Best PG of the 2014 NBA draft?

Quote:
Jordan Clarkson (on @TWCSportsNet): "I'm never satisfied."

I love this kid. He's got such an alpha personality.

He doesn't come across to me as an alpha at all.

But he's very coachable and humble. That allows him to keep learning. He's not some kid that thinks he's better than he is.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
24 wrote:
I don't think he's locked in, proof being their interest in dragic, but as a green rookie playing in a lineup with no support, he's done better than expected. And when given help from Nash, seems to be assimilating it. Telling that they've given him a bit of help lately with boozer and he is progressing even faster. Still has a ways to go but really coming on.

Pass on Dragic. I rather see Lin and Clarkson play side by side.

I'll take Dragic any day of the week. Lin is a backup PG in this league and JC is still a rookie learning the PG position... You can win a chip with what we have though JC is a good investment..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

I'd rather not have to pay Lin 6-8m as a backup PG. As 24 suggested, trade Kelly and maybe a future 2nd to Spurs for Patty Mills, their 3rd PG. Gives Spurs their replacement for Bonner and allows them to keep CJoseph.

At a combined 4-4.5m, I'd roll with Clarkson/PMills and use the $ elsewhere. Then in 2016, you have room for a better PG upgrade such as Mike Conley.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'd rather not have to pay Lin 6-8m as a backup PG. As 24 suggested, trade Kelly and maybe a future 2nd to Spurs for Patty Mills, their 3rd PG. Gives Spurs their replacement for Bonner and allows them to keep CJoseph.

At a combined 4-4.5m, I'd roll with Clarkson/PMills and use the $ elsewhere. Then in 2016, you have room for a better PG upgrade such as Mike Conley.

Sounds like a plan...
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Please, don't resign Jeremy Lin.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
He's not a pg he's gonna be a poor man's jamal Crawford. Good 6th man scorer on a good team.

I think you are assuming too much what his ceiling will be. I don't think anyone expected Clarkson to explode for 22 points at anytime this season. Anyway even if he doesn't turn out to be a good pg, he can still be a starting sg once Kobe retires if he continues this pace of scoring
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Please, don't resign Jeremy Lin.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

on lin. you guys should have no worries. with B scott still around, Lin will take less money to leave. Wouldn't be the first guy to do that here.
The Joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

People really need to understand how significant this is. He is a ROOKIE. The arrow is only pointing up. Look at the current stars/almost all stars and look at their productions during their rookie years. This guy could make a jump his 2nd year and then usually the 3rd year is the big jump year. He has the tools and has been holding his own against some players I.E John Wall
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

The Joker wrote:
People really need to understand how significant this is. He is a ROOKIE. The arrow is only pointing up. Look at the current stars/almost all stars and look at their productions during their rookie years. This guy could make a jump his 2nd year and then usually the 3rd year is the big jump year. He has the tools and has been holding his own against some players I.E John Wall

I don't disagree, but remember he is an old rookie! He played four years in college (and was there for five)
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

In before he gets hurt just like every other player on this team that resembles anything remotely entertaining to watch.

Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
The Joker wrote:

I don't disagree, but remember he is an old rookie! He played four years in college (and was there for five)

my greatest disappointment. if only ... if only ...
going back to discussion, i don't agree that we should invest on dragic. our guards positions are fairly secured with kobe nick jordan and lin.

My ideal offseason will be
Okafor/Ed
Randle/Boozer
Jimmy Butler/Tobias Harris
Kobe/Nick
Jordan/Lin
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
The Joker wrote:

going back to discussion, i don't agree that we should invest on dragic. our guards positions are fairly secured with kobe nick jordan and lin.

Okafor/Ed
Randle/Boozer
Kobe/Nick
Jordan/Lin

It would be ideal because it's impossible. How do you get Butler/Harris/Ed/Boozer/Lin for about 22m combined?
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Okafor/Ed
Randle/Boozer
Kobe/Nick
Jordan/Lin

It would be ideal because it's impossible. How do you get Butler/Harris/Ed/Boozer/Lin for about 22m combined?

I think he meant Butler or Harris. If we trade Kelly we could get up to 24M in cap sapce. Give 14M to Harris, 5M to Davis, 5M to Lin, and sign Boozer with the room exception.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Okafor/Ed
Randle/Boozer
Kobe/Nick
Jordan/Lin

I think he meant Butler or Harris. If we trade Kelly we could get up to 24M in cap sapce. Give 14M to Harris, 5M to Davis, 5M to Lin, and sign Boozer with the room exception.

Davis has been valued by some up to 10m/year, likely 8m/year.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Okafor/Ed
Randle/Boozer
Kobe/Nick
Jordan/Lin

Davis has been valued by some up to 10m/year, likely 8m/year.

Maybe Davis would give us a hometown discount? I think he really likes LA. If not then let Lin go and re-sign Davis.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Nick the Quick wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'm not convinced Clarkson is our PG of the future.

His career high for assists in a game is 7.
He's shot 50% or better in 4 of the 13 games he's started.
Since starting he's averaging 3.7 APG and a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio.

He is a good rebounder for his position though. And obviously he isn't afraid to score the ball.
I'm just not ready to crown him our PG of the future. Wins against Boston and Utah don't impress me much no matter what player is leading us.

Side note: Tank is falling apart without you Snake. Get well soon.

in this nba, position is less and less important. westbrook and rose aren't real PGs, curry is as much of a scorer as he is a passer, same with dragic, etc.

at this point, i'm just happy with guys who have some talent.

Avg assts/game:
Westbrook = 8.0
Curry = 7.9
Rose = 5.0, but in his last full season, it was 7.7

I see Clarkson as a SG.
Tony Parker averages less than 6 assists for his career.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

So Clarkson better than exum. Lol. Him liking lKer hyped him up and allowed us To draft randle prob 2nd best player in draft
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

If Clarkson keeps this up I'm taking Knight out of my super pipe sig. There will be no need for him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

poor mans jamal crawford wtf??? do yall even watch games.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
Nick the Quick wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'm not convinced Clarkson is our PG of the future.

His career high for assists in a game is 7.
He's shot 50% or better in 4 of the 13 games he's started.
Since starting he's averaging 3.7 APG and a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio.

He is a good rebounder for his position though. And obviously he isn't afraid to score the ball.
I'm just not ready to crown him our PG of the future. Wins against Boston and Utah don't impress me much no matter what player is leading us.

Side note: Tank is falling apart without you Snake. Get well soon.

in this nba, position is less and less important. westbrook and rose aren't real PGs, curry is as much of a scorer as he is a passer, same with dragic, etc.

at this point, i'm just happy with guys who have some talent.

Avg assts/game:
Westbrook = 8.0
Curry = 7.9
Rose = 5.0, but in his last full season, it was 7.7

I see Clarkson as a SG.
Tony Parker averages less than 6 assists for his career.

6 is decent. Clarkson avg at most 4 during his college career. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cbk/players.asp?id=97385
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
The Joker wrote:

So did Damian Lillard....
Some guys just need 4 years of college ball, whether its because they need the improvement or that they played at a small school that wasn't visible nationally.
Am I saying he is ever going to be as good as Lillard? No, but sometimes players need college to develop their skills.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
He's not a pg he's gonna be a poor man's jamal Crawford. Good 6th man scorer on a good team.

why people keep saying this (bleep)? the kid is averaging

14ppg 45%FG 4apg and 1.2 TO!

yes he is not a cp3 PG or rondo who hog the ball the whole game for 10 assist but when has cp3 made it far in the playoffs? its too easy to set up a defense for his team.

now give me a lillard, teague, parker players who dont hog the ball as much but still get 20ppg 5-7 apg. thats clarkson. Because remember we will get an elite wing like durant who can also create, plus a randle.

Watch him play. He doesnt have good full court ball handling skills and his court vision is abysmal. He reminds me of when Jamal Crawford first came into the league and they put him at PG which wasnt his natural position. Clarkson is a natural SG. His strengths are half court 1v1 ball handling, 3 point shooting, pull up J, and attacking the rim.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

why people keep saying this (bleep)? the kid is averaging

14ppg 45%FG 4apg and 1.2 TO!

yes he is not a cp3 PG or rondo who hog the ball the whole game for 10 assist but when has cp3 made it far in the playoffs? its too easy to set up a defense for his team.

now give me a lillard, teague, parker players who dont hog the ball as much but still get 20ppg 5-7 apg. thats clarkson. Because remember we will get an elite wing like durant who can also create, plus a randle.

Watch him play. He doesnt have good full court ball handling skills and his court vision is abysmal. He reminds me of when Jamal Crawford first came into the league and they put him at PG which wasnt his natural position. Clarkson is a natural SG. His strengths are half court 1v1 ball handling, 3 point shooting, pull up J, and attacking the rim.
lol okay... hes got no vision yet hes getting 4.3 assist 1.2 TO on scott's system!!!! with a bunch of scrubs.

not sure how someone with bad full court handle only turns the ball over 1.2 a game...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: