** Clarkson Has Arrived (22pts 4 rebs 3 assts), Let's Celebrate! ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
He's not a pg he's gonna be a poor man's jamal Crawford. Good 6th man scorer on a good team.

why people keep saying this (bleep)? the kid is averaging

14ppg 45%FG 4apg and 1.2 TO!

yes he is not a cp3 PG or rondo who hog the ball the whole game for 10 assist but when has cp3 made it far in the playoffs? its too easy to set up a defense for his team.

now give me a lillard, teague, parker players who dont hog the ball as much but still get 20ppg 5-7 apg. thats clarkson. Because remember we will get an elite wing like durant who can also create, plus a randle.

Watch him play. He doesnt have good full court ball handling skills and his court vision is abysmal. He reminds me of when Jamal Crawford first came into the league and they put him at PG which wasnt his natural position. Clarkson is a natural SG. His strengths are half court 1v1 ball handling, 3 point shooting, pull up J, and attacking the rim.

So you admit that as a mid-2nd rounder that he's a good pickup? I agree he's not a true point, but I also like that the team is experimenting with him now and getting him comfortable.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
He's not a pg he's gonna be a poor man's jamal Crawford. Good 6th man scorer on a good team.

yes he is not a cp3 PG or rondo who hog the ball the whole game for 10 assist but when has cp3 made it far in the playoffs? its too easy to set up a defense for his team.

now give me a lillard, teague, parker players who dont hog the ball as much but still get 20ppg 5-7 apg. thats clarkson. Because remember we will get an elite wing like durant who can also create, plus a randle.

Watch him play. He doesnt have good full court ball handling skills and his court vision is abysmal. He reminds me of when Jamal Crawford first came into the league and they put him at PG which wasnt his natural position. Clarkson is a natural SG. His strengths are half court 1v1 ball handling, 3 point shooting, pull up J, and attacking the rim.

So you admit that as a mid-2nd rounder that he's a good pickup? I agree he's not a true point, but I also like that the team is experimenting with him now and getting him comfortable.

He's a very good 2nd round pick. Right now they could put him at center and I wouldn't care but I think as the team gets better and more talented his natural position will become SG. I like him better than Nick Young backing up Kobe next season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

He's a very good 2nd round pick. Right now they could put him at center and I wouldn't care but I think as the team gets better and more talented his natural position will become SG. I like him better than Nick Young backing up Kobe next season.

Yeah. I think he will be a great combo guard and why not develop his PG skills right now? Just like we're "developing" RKelly's SF skills.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

lol okay... hes got no vision yet hes getting 4.3 assist 1.2 TO on scott's system!!!! with a bunch of scrubs.

not sure how someone with bad full court handle only turns the ball over 1.2 a game...

He over dribbles A LOT and he often misses open guys. Idk why so many are hell bent on trying to make him our future starting PG.

Also On the season he's 1.9apg to 1.0 turnover per game. The last 13 games he's been 3.7apg to 1.8 turnovers per game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

lol okay... hes got no vision yet hes getting 4.3 assist 1.2 TO on scott's system!!!! with a bunch of scrubs.

not sure how someone with bad full court handle only turns the ball over 1.2 a game...

He over dribbles A LOT and he often misses open guys. Idk why so many are hell bent on trying to make him our future starting PG.

Also On the season he's 1.9apg to 1.0 turnover per game. The last 13 games he's been 3.7apg to 1.8 turnovers per game.

I'm not sure they're hell bent on that, as evidenced by interests in Dragic and gulp...Rondo. I think they're using this time to have him...expand...on his skillset while helping the team tank.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I'm not sure they're hell bent on that, as evidenced by interests in Dragic and gulp...Rondo. I think they're using this time to have him...expand...on his skillset while helping the team tank.

I was talking about Lakers fans not the front office.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

He can definitely be your starting PG if we draft Russell.

Clarkson/Russell/Randle is plenty of shot creation to run an offense
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

He isn't a PG
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject:

For the record

Quote:
Mark Medina @MarkG_Medina ·
Jordan Clarkson said on draft night he thought he was picked too low. Conceded he had plenty of motivation tonight going against Dante Exum

The Dunk:

Clarkson told Scott he was going to do it.

“I play with emotions all the time,” Clarkson said following the Lakers’ 100-97 victory to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday at EnergySolutions Arena. “I wanted to pressure the ball. I told coach I would get one on that play. I went for it and it happens . It’s crazy how things fall together.”

“If I go against someone drafted higher than me, it’s one of those things that I carry it with me.”

“I’m just me,” Clarkson said. “I want to be great." "I’ll continue to put the work in and be aggressive.”
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/02/26/lakers-jordan-clarkson-drew-motivation-from-playing-dante-exum-in-100-97-win-over-jazz/

I really like his attitude
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
For the record

Quote:
Mark Medina @MarkG_Medina ·
Jordan Clarkson said on draft night he thought he was picked too low. Conceded he had plenty of motivation tonight going against Dante Exum

The Dunk:

Clarkson told Scott he was going to do it.

“I play with emotions all the time,” Clarkson said following the Lakers’ 100-97 victory to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday at EnergySolutions Arena. “I wanted to pressure the ball. I told coach I would get one on that play. I went for it and it happens . It’s crazy how things fall together.”

“If I go against someone drafted higher than me, it’s one of those things that I carry it with me.”

“I’m just me,” Clarkson said. “I want to be great." "I’ll continue to put the work in and be aggressive.”
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/02/26/lakers-jordan-clarkson-drew-motivation-from-playing-dante-exum-in-100-97-win-over-jazz/

I really like his attitude

He took it to Marcus Smart too. Gonna be fun watching his matchups against other PGs from his draft class in the future
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:

If his court vision is abysmal, than I'm a monkey. And last time I checked, I'm not a monkey. This whole "he isn't a PG, he is a PG" debate needs to go away. The league is transitioning away from the traditional PG, and more towards the combo guard anyways. Right now, we've only got one player averaging 10+ APG. Only 5 of them are averaging 8+ APG. And of those five, only two of them are posting AST/TO ratio north of 3.5 (CP3 and Lawson). And of those five, I'd only label two of those as pure point guards and their teams are a combined on game over .500. You don't need to be a pure point guard to be successful. You need to keep the offense moving, not turn the ball over, and play good defense. He's doing at least two of the three, and he's got the tools to do the third. He's more than capable of playing the point guard position in the NBA. Do I wish he had better handles? Absolutely, but he's a rookie. There's plenty of time to work on his game.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

If his court vision is abysmal, than I'm a monkey. And last time I checked, I'm not a monkey. This whole "he isn't a PG, he is a PG" debate needs to go away. The league is transitioning away from the traditional PG, and more towards the combo guard anyways. Right now, we've only got one player averaging 10+ APG. Only 5 of them are averaging 8+ APG. And of those five, only two of them are posting AST/TO ratio north of 3.5 (CP3 and Lawson). And of those five, I'd only label two of those as pure point guards and their teams are a combined on game over .500. You don't need to be a pure point guard to be successful. You need to keep the offense moving, not turn the ball over, and play good defense. He's doing at least two of the three, and he's got the tools to do the third. He's more than capable of playing the point guard position in the NBA. Do I wish he had better handles? Absolutely, but he's a rookie. There's plenty of time to work on his game.

Well said brother
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

I would not say that JC has arrived after this game, as the OP states, because he has a lot to do and learn yet.

But the Kid has a lot to work with and he's taking advantage of the opportunity given to him; I love it!

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

He's a combo guard, can play PG or SG. He's improved his ball handling and decision making over the past 2 weeks. He's starting to do a few things that Nash does in P&R. I think he's more then just a starter at this point. George Hill, Collison, and Beverly are solid starters. His potential is higher then those players because of his aggressiveness and ability to score.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

Which are skills I would love from a PG.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

i read somewhere that clarkson is one of the best scorers while being the ball handler in a p&r play.

he was up there with lillard, teague etc
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

2:1 A/TO ratio is solid.

Also, the first step to playmaking, is getting by your defender, preferably, without a screen.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

Also, the first step to playmaking, is getting by your defender, preferably, without a screen.
he straight up blew by smart twice. Did it to wall, rose, irving.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
watchME wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

he straight up blew by smart twice. Did it to wall, rose, irving.

Those measurements count in his case. When you watch him, you know he's using 90% of his athleticism almost all the time.

Same goes for Westbrook and Durant.

It doesn't go for Noah Vonleh.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject:

agaisnt these guys here are his stats

20 vs irving

17 vs lillard

18 vs rose

18 vs wall

26-58FG
44%
4apg
18ppg
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

20 vs irving

17 vs lillard

18 vs rose

18 vs wall

26-58FG
44%
4apg
18ppg

Might be a Arena-ish steal for us
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
watchME wrote:

20 vs irving

17 vs lillard

18 vs rose

18 vs wall

26-58FG
44%
4apg
18ppg

Might be a Arena-ish steal for us

Can his nickname be Agent Hairline?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

I like Clarkson in a Harden type role when he was on OKC. I'm not saying he can't be our starting pg, just saying I think that harden type role fits his skill set, and he could be dominant in that position, alah where he would be the "most" successful.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:

I think it's way too early to say what he's going to be. He's on a nice 12 game run. Eventually, we'll see if the poor quality of his teammates is making him look better or worse than he is. Eventually, we'll see if he continues to improve or if other teams start learning his tendencies and focusing on him.

For now, he's doing great for a 2nd round pick. No reason to start guessing his ceiling or floor at this point.
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

20 vs irving

17 vs lillard

18 vs rose

18 vs wall

26-58FG
44%
4apg
18ppg

That's because he isn't getting tight D 0n him. Let's see what happens when teams D him up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: