Official Rajon Rondo Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Official Rajon Rondo Thread

I know this is not going to be a highly popular thread due to the hate for this player. But he is the most likely free agent to dawn the purple & gold next season. With his most current beef with Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle, coupled with his poor play, all signs point to his departure from the Mavericks.

A current article quotes ESPN's Tim McMahon as saying about the relationship between Carlisle and Rondo (LINK):
Quote:
"Team sources told ESPNDallas.com that friction had been building between Carlisle and Rondo over play-calling responsibilities, the majority of which the coach has handled. Former Mavs point guard Jason Kidd had similar frustrations during his first season playing with Carlisle, although it never resulted in a public outburst," ESPN's Tim MacMahon wrote Wednesday.

The article continues with where the Lakers stand:
Quote:
The Mavericks want to re-sign Rondo after the season, but butting heads with Carlisle over the play-calling duties may be a sticking point for the mercurial point guard. If Rondo were to test free agency, the Lakers arguably would be his biggest suitor. In addition to having the allure of being a big market team and the cap space to give him a big payday, Rondo would likely have more freedom to run the plays he wants in Los Angeles.

Now, if we acquire the Rondo we saw playing in Boston, I believe most of us would be happy to have him on our team. With the friction we see happening in Dallas, it makes us have to pause and wonder if his value is getting hurt because of his current situation. Afterall, he is in his prime.

On the flip side, what kind of player would Rondo be under Byron Scott? What kind of value would Rondo have after a poor year in Dallas, when he becomes a free agent? Do the Lakers have a legit shot at acquiring him at a discounted rate instead of maxing him out?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official Rajon Rondo Thread

Big Game James wrote:
I know this is not going to be a highly popular thread due to the hate for this player. But he is the most likely free agent to dawn the purple & gold next season. With his most current beef with Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle, coupled with his poor play, all signs point to his departure from the Mavericks.

A current article quotes ESPN's Tim McMahon as saying about the relationship between Carlisle and Rondo (LINK):
Quote:
"Team sources told ESPNDallas.com that friction had been building between Carlisle and Rondo over play-calling responsibilities, the majority of which the coach has handled. Former Mavs point guard Jason Kidd had similar frustrations during his first season playing with Carlisle, although it never resulted in a public outburst," ESPN's Tim MacMahon wrote Wednesday.

The article continues with where the Lakers stand:
Quote:
The Mavericks want to re-sign Rondo after the season, but butting heads with Carlisle over the play-calling duties may be a sticking point for the mercurial point guard. If Rondo were to test free agency, the Lakers arguably would be his biggest suitor. In addition to having the allure of being a big market team and the cap space to give him a big payday, Rondo would likely have more freedom to run the plays he wants in Los Angeles.

Now, if we acquire the Rondo we saw playing in Boston, I believe most of us would be happy to have him on our team. With the friction we see happening in Dallas, it makes us have to pause and wonder if his value is getting hurt because of his current situation. Afterall, he is in his prime.

On the flip side, what kind of player would Rondo be under Byron Scott? What kind of value would Rondo have after a poor year in Dallas, when he becomes a free agent? Do the Lakers have a legit shot at acquiring him at a discounted rate instead of maxing him out?

Heres my thing with Rondo, HE CAN'T SHOOT! Thank you for your time.

No, seriously though, I remember when Rondo used to tear us up, especially in 2008. But you see, when we figured him out, stuck Kobe on him and sagged off, Boston struggled mightily. He might be a worse shooter today? I understand intangibles but good gawd man, he is shooting 28% from the ft line I believe, since joining Dallas?
west
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

Would Kobe/BScott be respected enough by Rondo to keep things in check? For at least next year?

I like Rondo, in theory, but not sure if it would be a good fit. Rondo brings grit, desire, experience at the highest levels of competition, but he's not the guy you give the franchise keys to.

If he comes cheap, or on a short term deal, I'm in. But not for max money, no way.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

STAY AWAY FROM RONDO. HE IS A TEAM CANCER.

He'd have to pay the Lakers a max contract to come here.

He's missed 50% of his games the past 4 seasons, not a good sign for things to come.

I'd rather go with Clarkson/Patty Mills over Rondo all day.

He is the worst kind of player with Scott. I'd wager that he'll be in a fistfight with Scott by year's end. And Kobe may not be around if he's injured again so who the hell is going to control this guy? I don't want him anywhere near my young players like Clarkson and Randle.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

please lock
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

What reeks of desperation is that after he openly clashes with one of the best coaches on one of the chill-est teams with solid vets like Dirk/Chandler, some are even contemplating signing this guy. I'm so glad he's gone off the rail at Dallas to expose what he'll be as a declining malcontent who is living off his laurels (when he used to be good).
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

i think the way clarkson is playing we wont need a PG.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject:

No thanks. Declining player, who we would likely overpay. And he's shooting 30% on FTs.

The upside I guess would be that if they tried to use this year's playbook, he'd throw it in the trash can and set it on fire pretty quickly.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

i'm not interested, unless he comes for 3 years, 8M per, allowing us to sign a couple other guys. he's not going to take that offer obviously.

anything more than that and we stop the discussion.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

Can't think of a bigger nightmare this summer than signing Rondo.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

rondo is this year's carmelo.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What reeks of desperation is that after he openly clashes with one of the best coaches on one of the chill-est teams with solid vets like Dirk/Chandler, some are even contemplating signing this guy. I'm so glad he's gone off the rail at Dallas to expose what he'll be as a declining malcontent who is living off his laurels (when he used to be good).

What does that say about Jason Kidd, since he clashed with "one of the best coaches" too, with vets like Dirk/Chandler on it? I don't the clash was that big of a deal; head strong players and coaches clash.

Last edited by Outspoken on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

I think what rondo is doing right now (on and off court) is killing his chances at coming to LA.
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

Nick the Quick wrote:
i'm not interested, unless he comes for 3 years, 8M per, allowing us to sign a couple other guys. he's not going to take that offer obviously.

anything more than that and we stop the discussion.

Agreed...I'm down if he signs for a buy-low price, but he's definitely not at the top of the list with a guy like Dragic available. Hell, I'd rather see what someone like Corey Joseph could do with more minutes. But let's be honest, we all know LA will make a run at Rondo.
Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

I would cry if we signed Rondo.

By far the most overrated star player of my lifetime. I am young.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I think what rondo is doing right now (on and off court) is killing his chances at coming to LA.

i hope so
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Nightmare summer: miss out on the top 5 pick, sign Rondo for 17m/year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What does that say about Jason Kidd, since he clashed with "one of the best coaches" too, with vets like Dirk/Chandler on it? I don't the clash was that big of a deal; head strong players and coaches clash.

And that's to Rondo's credit? He goes in there and within 20 games already destroys the place?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

What is he doing off the court? And why do you feel it's killing his chances to come to LA?
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

MLE for Rondo at this point. Otherwise, hell no.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

With the emergence of Clarkson, PG isn't a need anymore. Rondo is still a good player in a uptempo system, but Mitch has stated that he won't pursue older players to make one last run with Kobe. Monroe and Robin Lopez are more likely to be at the top of the Lakers FA list.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:

Nightmare summer: miss out on the top 5 pick, sign Rondo for 17m/year.

don't even say that. i'm going on hiatus for a year if those 2 things happen. i won't be able to cope
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And that's to Rondo's credit? He goes in there and within 20 games already destroys the place?

I think saying "he destroyed the place" is an over exaggeration; what do you mean by that?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

god no
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
With the emergence of Clarkson, PG isn't a need anymore. Rondo is still a good player in a uptempo system, but Mitch has stated that he won't pursue older players to make one last run with Kobe. Monroe and Robin Lopez are more likely to be at the top of the Lakers FA list.

let's see how clarkson finishes out the year. lots of players can have a nice 10 game run, but let's see how he continues to develop before thinking he will occupy the spot for the next 5 years.

i'm on the monroe bandwagon, also could be sold on lopez (depending on the price).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 1 of 72
Jump to: