Official Rajon Rondo Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

Rondo has definitely priced himself out of the max or near max slot that some GMs may have given him in the past.

I'll be really surprised if he gets more than 10-12 M a year.

Lakers are probably going to pursue him. We all should accept that and hope that Rondo either signs for a huge bargain (and fits in) or he winds up deciding to go elsewhere.

Can't see Knicks because Phil seems to value a PG that can stretch the floor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Rondo has definitely priced himself out of the max or near max slot that some GMs may have given him in the past.

Lakers are probably going to pursue him. We all should accept that and hope that Rondo either signs for a huge bargain (and fits in) or he winds up deciding to go elsewhere.

Rondo and his agent will probably do the right thing and look at the cap increase next summer as a opportunity to sign for a 1 year deal with any team that wants him that way his performance next year sets a market for him while his contract increases in the process.... sounds like that's what Rondo and his agent are gonna do. and the Lakers would still have a chance to build a formidable team.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

Rondo seems like a cancer and his skills are on a decline. I would rather give a max offer to Dragic than to sign Rondo for even MLE price.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

Rondo can kiss that max contract goodbye after this playoff showing. i wouldn't mind sign him for 4 year deal (4th year team option) at 8mil per.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

Forget a discount. This post season showing should make the Lakers forget about him entirely.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Forget a discount. This post season showing should make the Lakers forget about him entirely.

AMEN!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

Why would any team offer him significant $ when his opportunities will be few? That means his market value is very low at best.

I don't want him complicating playing time that Clarkson deserves, causing the Lakers to play 4 on 5 at any time, or putting fuel in the fire of the Lakers coaching situation which desperately needs stability.

We're obviously not all going to agree, but there's no doubt in my mind mgmt will consider past mistakes of over-valuing people's past (Dwight, Nash, Kobe, among others), and factor most recent performances on and off the court when making their decision. Also, when they ask themselves "how does he make this team a contender", the answer will be clear. He doesn't.
moonwalker8701
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

Ignore Rondo. Before his injuries, we was still a great player because of his immense impact on defense and his ability to get in the paint. Now, he's just not the same player. And still no jump shot. And a loose cannon.

Let's develop Clarkson and see where that goes. I guess Nash is our assistant coach now for PG's?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Rondo can kiss that max contract goodbye after this playoff showing. i wouldn't mind sign him for 4 year deal (4th year team option) at 8mil per.

You'd give him a long term deal for 8 million a year? You're crazy. He's just tanked his value in a major way, I'd be surprised if he didn't have to settle for the mid level, and probably less.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

If the Lakers pursue Rondo, then it's a clear cut message to the fans that not only do we not know what we're doing, we could care less about what you think. With the decisions that have been made the last few years though, it wouldn't suprise me. And Phil won't pursue Rondo because...well he actually has a brain that works & functions!
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
The fact the lakers did not sign Lance Stephenson last year gives me some optimism LA won't the same mistake with rondo.

point. although most of the league saw through his act.

Hopefully rondo's current playoff antics will show a similar sentiment.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

Rondo and Lin are both playing at what I'd say is a $5 million dollar level, based on results, attitude, and ability to beat his counterpart and help his team win. Yeah Rondo is a better defender, but that's about it, no wya has he shown he is playing at a 15/10 points/assists level.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Rondo has the Andrew Bynum post-Laker stench all over him. If you act like this in a contract year, that says something about where your head is at and whether you really want to continue playing in the NBA or if you are just plain crazy.

It would be funny if Rondo went to the clippers because of Doc. Could you see a Rondo/Paul backcourt? They would probably kill each other.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Rondo has the Andrew Bynum post-Laker stench all over him. If you act like this in a contract year, that says something about where your head is at and whether you really want to continue playing in the NBA or if you are just plain crazy.

It would be funny if Rondo went to the clippers because of Doc. Could you see a Rondo/Paul backcourt? They would probably kill each other.

Considering Doc reportedly left Boston to escape Rondo, I don't see this happening.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Rondo and Lin are both playing at what I'd say is a $5 million dollar level, based on results, attitude, and ability to beat his counterpart and help his team win. Yeah Rondo is a better defender, but that's about it, no wya has he shown he is playing at a 15/10 points/assists level.

I'd take Lin over Rondo in a heartbeat if all salary considerations were equal.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Before throwing the dust, perhaps Kobe is the only one who can get rondo to be shorten out and ready to play at a star level he's capable of maybe he really didn't want the mavs but the opportunity to play for the lakers and Kobe if you recall the lakers were interested in rondo before being sent to Dallas but the celts asked for randle and that destroyed the deal.. I'm willing to give rondo a chance here and I think Kobe and rondo are a match made in heaven.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Before throwing the dust, perhaps Kobe is the only one who can get rondo to be shorten out and ready to play at a star level he's capable of maybe he really didn't want the mavs but the opportunity to play for the lakers and Kobe if you recall the lakers were interested in rondo before being sent to Dallas but the celts asked for randle and that destroyed the deal.. I'm willing to give rondo a chance here and I think Kobe and rondo are a match made in heaven.

What happens if Kobe can't play himself? Is he going to still monitor and influence Rondo? Rondo isn't a precocious 19 year old; he's what, 28, 29?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Matchmade in heaven... wow what.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma that breakfast meeting Kobe had with rondo really gave rondo a sense of closure and comfort and I don't think the mavs treated him with any kind respect... I think the reason why rondo wanted the lakers and still does goes back to that meeting Kobe and rondo had in Boston... He's gonna give it his all if he comes to the lakers because he would have someone comforting him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma that breakfast meeting Kobe had with rondo really gave rondo a sense of closure and comfort and I don't think the mavs treated him with any kind respect... I think the reason why rondo wanted the lakers and still does goes back to that meeting Kobe and rondo had in Boston... He's gonna give it his all if he comes to the lakers because he would have someone comforting him.

Sorry. I don't buy that. When you're under contract, and playing for a team that was thought of as a contender, there's some good faith that Rondo needed to show. He flat out quit on them. That's a supreme red flag. As someone else mentioned, that's reaching Andrew Bynum's "I don't give a F" levels.

Maybe it's Rondo's peculiar way of dealing with the fact that he just isn't quick enough anymore, or can't do what he wanted, so he's lashing out in this kind of way.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, it would be ridiculous to sign Rondo and depend on Kobe keeping him in line. We can't even plan on Kobe being able to play major minutes for a full season.
Samoji
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Imho, I will still sign Rondo if the price is in the $10-12 million range and the deal is no more than 3 years. I definitely don't condone his behaviour at the last game but I am not surprise as we all know his head/heart was not in Dallas. Rondo will definitely have something to prove and him with Kobe surrounded with the right support will certainly be intriguing.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He flat out quit on them. That's a supreme red flag. As someone else mentioned, that's reaching Andrew Bynum's "I don't give a F" levels.

The Lakers had PG issues almost all season long, the Mavericks had none... they had 3 solid contributors at the PG position and they still went on and acquired Rondo and in the process giving the other PGs minutes.... the Mavericks never really wanted Rondo they did nothing to trade away the other PGs to give Rondo more faith... I'd say it was more like the Mavs and the coach giving the big "FU" to Rondo.... and you can't deny that no matter how hard you try.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
He flat out quit on them. That's a supreme red flag. As someone else mentioned, that's reaching Andrew Bynum's "I don't give a F" levels.

The Lakers had PG issues almost all season long, the Mavericks had none... they had 3 solid contributors at the PG position and they still went on and acquired Rondo and in the process giving the other PGs minutes.... the Mavericks never really wanted Rondo they did nothing to trade away the other PGs to give Rondo more faith... I'd say it was more like the Mavs and the coach giving the big "FU" to Rondo.... and you can't deny that no matter how hard you try.

I'm sorry but
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah reality bites... The mavs made rondo into a scapegoat and he punted it was not a good fit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 60 of 72
Jump to: