Official Rajon Rondo Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma that breakfast meeting Kobe had with rondo really gave rondo a sense of closure and comfort and I don't think the mavs treated him with any kind respect... I think the reason why rondo wanted the lakers and still does goes back to that meeting Kobe and rondo had in Boston... He's gonna give it his all if he comes to the lakers because he would have someone comforting him.

Sometimes breakfast is just breakfast.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma that breakfast meeting Kobe had with rondo really gave rondo a sense of closure and comfort and I don't think the mavs treated him with any kind respect... I think the reason why rondo wanted the lakers and still does goes back to that meeting Kobe and rondo had in Boston... He's gonna give it his all if he comes to the lakers because he would have someone comforting him.

true.. but this is Kobe we're talking about.. with him.. its not just a breakfast.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Not sure if you guys have read or seen the Danny Ainge quote on Rondo. It was thrown up the screen on Sports Net. Basically he said "if you coach Rondo, you better know what you're saying, and even if you know what you're saying, he may still challenge you. Is he a good enough player to behave the way he does?"

So basically, you better be a smart coach, or he doesn't respect you. I'm LOL'ing imagining him listening to Byron Scott with a "What the..." facial expression.

More like,

Byron: "Rajon, I want you to um, do that um, thing, where you, run up and down near the...um"

Rondo: "Shut the F up and sit down."

[You hear rust and metal scratching as Byron's arms unfold for the first time in months and he rushes at Rondo...]

I think yall are not giving Byron a fair shot. He was great with CP3 and Jason Kidd because he put the ball in their hands and let them run the show. If Rondo does come to LA, I think Byorn will do the same thing and with Kobe's leadership Rondo will flourish and the same ones that we're basically throwing up at the prospect of him coming, will be praising the front office for making such a smart signing!
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

As bad a fit as Rondo was in Dallas, I think he would be a nice fit in LA for the right price. I like that he is always calm and cool on the floor and he is very unselfish. After Ronnie Price and Jeremy Lin, Rondo would be a breath of fresh air..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Before throwing the dust, perhaps Kobe is the only one who can get rondo to be shorten out and ready to play at a star level he's capable of maybe he really didn't want the mavs but the opportunity to play for the lakers and Kobe if you recall the lakers were interested in rondo before being sent to Dallas but the celts asked for randle and that destroyed the deal.. I'm willing to give rondo a chance here and I think Kobe and rondo are a match made in heaven.

Maybe in 2006, definitely not in 2015.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Not sure if you guys have read or seen the Danny Ainge quote on Rondo. It was thrown up the screen on Sports Net. Basically he said "if you coach Rondo, you better know what you're saying, and even if you know what you're saying, he may still challenge you. Is he a good enough player to behave the way he does?"

So basically, you better be a smart coach, or he doesn't respect you. I'm LOL'ing imagining him listening to Byron Scott with a "What the..." facial expression.

More like,

Byron: "Rajon, I want you to um, do that um, thing, where you, run up and down near the...um"

[You hear rust and metal scratching as Byron's arms unfold for the first time in months and he rushes at Rondo...]

I think yall are not giving Byron a fair shot. He was great with CP3 and Jason Kidd because he put the ball in their hands and let them run the show. If Rondo does come to LA, I think Byorn will do the same thing and with Kobe's leadership Rondo will flourish and the same ones that we're basically throwing up at the prospect of him coming, will be praising the front office for making such a smart signing!

Again Rondo is nowhere near the same caliber of player as Paul or Kidd. The great thing about those guys is they didn't have to have the ball in their hands at all times because they could both shoot from the perimeter. Rondo is still the same non floor spacer he was in Boston. He played with the ball in his hands in Boston and once KG and Pierce left that team fell off. Coincidence? No it's not. The ACL injury took away all Rondo's quickness along with being a product of playing with the big three.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

More like,

CP3 and Kidd weren't in the latter part of their careers, Rondo is.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I trust the Lakers FO on this one. No matter how much Kobe tries to convince them to sign him they won't. They know Clarkson is already a better player then Rondo.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Didn't we already experiment with a player like Rondo before in Kendall Marshall, how did that turn out? Players that cant shoot or won't shoot don't fit well with Kobe

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I will celebrate just as much if we keep our top 5 pick as I would when rondo signs with another team.

That's how much I DONT want this dude
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Didn't we already experiment with a player like Rondo before in Kendall Marshall, how did that turn out? Players that cant shoot or won't shoot don't fit well with Kobe

He's a quitter, got paid 12+ million to go out like a mental case. IMHO he's worse than any of the Laker PG scrubs we've had.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Before throwing the dust, perhaps Kobe is the only one who can get rondo to be shorten out and ready to play at a star level he's capable of maybe he really didn't want the mavs but the opportunity to play for the lakers and Kobe if you recall the lakers were interested in rondo before being sent to Dallas but the celts asked for randle and that destroyed the deal.. I'm willing to give rondo a chance here and I think Kobe and rondo are a match made in heaven.

Maybe in 2006, definitely not in 2015.

There should be NO place for Rondo on the Lakers...
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I want Rondo on the squad about as much as I want 2.0 to keep posting here.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
I want Rondo on the squad about as much as I want 2.0 to keep posting here.
Hey hey, at least duece's posts are a source of comedy relief. I can't even laugh at Rondo's on court performance, it's too dang sad.

Mavs killing the rockets. What did they change? Benched Rondo.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
I want Ron do on the squad about as much as I want 2.0 to keep posting here.
Hey hey, at least duece's posts are a source of comedy relief. I can't even laugh at Rondo's on court performance, it's too dang sad.

He's not even on the bench, he's back home watching "his team" ball out I think his whole aura/presence was just an anchor to the Mavs just like with that young Celtics team.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

true.. but this is Kobe we're talking about.. with him.. its not just a breakfast.

Yeah, they executed a breakfast.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

So who ate first?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:

LOL very true on all counts.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
24 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

So who ate first?

Kobe did after Rondo passed it to him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I heard Kobe was a breakfast defector.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I think Kobe and rondo are a match made in heaven.
I don't understand how that could be. Kobe likes to shoot after he's dribbled himself into good shooting position. He's done it for 19 years on the Lakers, in all-star games (remember him waving off Karl Malone's attempt to set a screen?), and in the Olympics. Rondo dribbles until he's ready to give it to an open shooter who's ready to shoot. No speculation or conjecture here. That's a fact about both of them. Which of them do you expect to change afte doing the same thing their whole career? A match made in heaven? More like opposites attract.

Last edited by lakersboy on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I don't understand how that could be. Kobe likes to shoot after he's dribbled himself into good shooting position. He's done it for 19 years on the Lakers, in all-star games (remember him waving off Karl Malone's attempt to set a screen), and in the Olympics. Rondo dribbles until he's ready to give it to an open shooter who's ready to shoot. No speculation or conjecture here. That's a fact about both of them. Which of them do you expect to change afte doing the same thing their whole career? A match made in heaven? More like opposites attract.

I have a hard time thinking of a guard whose game is as poorly matched with Kobe's as Rondo's is. I can't see Kobe thriving with a ball-dominant PG who can't shoot.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I don't understand how that could be. Kobe likes to shoot after he's dribbled himself into good shooting position. He's done it for 19 years on the Lakers, in all-star games (remember him waving off Karl Malone's attempt to set a screen), and in the Olympics. Rondo dribbles until he's ready to give it to an open shooter who's ready to shoot. No speculation or conjecture here. That's a fact about both of them. Which of them do you expect to change afte doing the same thing their whole career? A match made in heaven? More like opposites attract.

I have a hard time thinking of a guard whose game is as poorly matched with Kobe's as Rondo's is. I can't see Kobe thriving with a ball-dominant PG who can't shoot.
I'd like someone to tell me what Rondo does that compliments Kobe's game.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Haha, that's very true. Rondo is the antithesis of a PG that compliments Kobe well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 61 of 72
Jump to: