Official Rajon Rondo Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
8 points 6 assists and 7 boards. in 28 minutes. just saying.

16 points, 5 assists, 4 boards, 1 TO. In 30 minutes. $507,336. Just sayin

FTW.

i like Clarkson.. he's turning out to be a decent pick up.

I could come back with rondo's best game his rookie year.. but seriously.. people just can't seem to get over their hate even if it means the team is better.

Rondo is a good player. is he worth the max? hell no.. but if we can get him at a discount.. why not.

Kobe and Byron can reel him in. Rondo respects Kobe and Byron continues to mentor CP3

Rondo hasn't meant the team is better since about 2010. Dallas is worse after trading for him.

dallas is the same after trading for rondo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
22 wrote:
This is presently the worst thread on LG IMO. And given the OP's posts I am not surprised.

I'm not really sure what I did to you to warrant personal attacks.

That aside, no matter how many bananas you threaten to kill, Rondo is a very real free agent that threatens to become a Lakers next season. He definitely deserves a thread that we can either vent or cheer in.

How is that a personal attack? I "attacked" the quality of your posts. Not you as a person. I know nothing about you personally. Your posts are fair game. Feel free to criticize mine if you like. It's the nature of a discussion board.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Love me some Rondo for $15M per. 4 yrs $60-64M would be my offer
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

First you want to trade Randle and our Houston 1st to Celtics for their 8-12th pick?

Now you want to pay Rondo $15m/4 years?

Hate to ask. Have you converted to the DARK SIDE???
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

First you want to trade Randle and our Houston 1st to Celtics for their 8-12th pick?

Hahahaha ... nope. Well I wanted Dragic bad but he went to Miami and Riley is a SMART GM/Owner so we have no shot.

There are no good PG alternatives unless you draft one and I don't see one I would waste our likely top 5 pick on. Reggie Jackson would be intriguing but he's restricted so all arrows point to Rondo unless you want to hand over the team to Clarkson whose been great but I think too inexperienced. He's be a great 6th man combo/guard.
#Avatar-gate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

He's gotta be trollin.

His ideal summer is Myles Turner, the Celtics 8-12 pick, and Rondo at $15m
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

He's gotta be trollin.

Don't forget Asik for $10-12M
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

Hahahaha ... nope. Well I wanted Dragic bad but he went to Miami and Riley is a SMART GM/Owner so we have no shot.

There are no good PG alternatives unless you draft one and I don't see one I would waste our likely top 5 pick on. Reggie Jackson would be intriguing but he's restricted so all arrows point to Rondo unless you want to hand over the team to Clarkson whose been great but I think too inexperienced. He's be a great 6th man combo/guard.

But that's like going to 3 car dealerships and saying, if the first 2 don't have what I want, I MUST buy it from the 3rd dealership, regardless of whether that car is a lemon.

I'd rather wait it out, maybe do a small trade to get Patty Mills (who I think will be attainable since Spurs have to pay up for 3-5 major free agents on their own team, let alone for their 2nd PG Cory Joseph).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

He's gotta be trollin.

Don't forget Asik for $10-12M

You can't really do that. With Turner, assuming he's the 4-5th pick, would have around 22-23m max left over. Rondo eating up 15m, that'd leave around $8m for Asik.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

But that's like going to 3 car dealerships and saying, if the first 2 don't have what I want, I MUST buy it from the 3rd dealership, regardless of whether that car is a lemon.

I'd rather wait it out, maybe do a small trade to get Patty Mills (who I think will be attainable since Spurs have to pay up for 3-5 major free agents on their own team, let alone for their 2nd PG Cory Joseph).

Nope. If I could get a core of ...

PG - Rondo
G - Kobe
C - Asik/Cauley-Stein
F - Wes Matthews <<< I really like him
PF - Myles Turner or Julius Randle

I will be happy.
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

PG - Rondo
G - Kobe
C - Asik/Cauley-Stein

I will be happy.

Read above. You literally cannot afford that. You have around 22-23m to work with, Rondo takes 15, that leaves 7-8m for both Asik AND Matthews? Nope.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

PG - Rondo
G - Kobe
C - Asik/Cauley-Stein

I will be happy.

Read above. You literally cannot afford that. You have around 22-23m to work with, Rondo takes 15, that leaves 7-8m for both Asik AND Matthews? Nope.

There's a way....
#Avatar-gate
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

We have a pretty decent PG alternative now, who is developing nicely. And as a bonus, he can shoot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

PG - Rondo
G - Kobe
C - Asik/Cauley-Stein

I will be happy.

There's a way....

Do tell me. Because the only way I can think of it happening is Kobe retiring.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I think it's safe to say that the Lakers won't pursue Rondo with how well Clarkson is developing. They could have had Rondo this year in a trade if they really wanted him but they didn't. Also, I think players like Jordan, Monroe, Hibbert, and Harris will be higher up on their FA list.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I think it's safe to say that the Lakers won't pursue Rondo with how well Clarkson is developing. They could have had Rondo this year in a trade if they really wanted him but they didn't. Also, I think players like Jordan, Monroe, Hibbert, and Harris will be higher up on their FA list.

I do agree about the other players being higher up on their want list. I personally would love to see us aggressively pursue DeAndre Jordan depending on who we pick in the draft. But I don't think you can say they "could have had Rondo in a trade this year..." It seemed rather apparent that the FO didn't want to give up any assets. That would be contrary to what we are attempting to do.

Getting better this year would have proven counter-productive.
Getting rid of young talent on cheap contracts would have proven counter-productive.
Getting rid of anything of value to a player that can just walk at the end of a lost season would have proven counter-productive.

I don't think having Rondo in a trade was ever truly an option.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I disagree. With Kobe's personally involvement, I think FO won't have the balls to tell Kobe to back off. Doing so kills all future efforts by one of their greats to recruit other superstars. FO will need Rondo's agent to say he doesn't want to come here to get off the hook.

IMO Clarkson's development has little to do with their search for a PG. Clarkson won't be a roadblock if either Rondo or Dragic say yes. Rondo figures to come in for around 12 mil (Lowry's contract) Clarkson can take Kobe's more suited SG position and have Kobe move over to SF, a position currently occupied by Kelly and Johnson. Rondo/Clarkson/Kobe/Randle and a free agent Center would be their target starting 5. Of course position of the draft could change everything.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

PG - Rondo
G - Kobe
C - Asik/Cauley-Stein

I will be happy.

lottery, here we come.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

lottery, here we come.

Truth is with the West, you basically have to have a cohesive team that took years to build like SA or have multiple healthy superstars/all-stars. Without landing a top FA or the top pick who's an immediate all-star candidate, chances are the lotto was coming for us anyways.

Only consolation is that giving up our lotto pick in the teens takes the ouch out of the foolish Nash trade. 2 late picks, a litlle high of a price but okay. How do not completely protect the lotto picks is beyond me. FO snoozed big time.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

KRL. What's going on?

PG - Rondo
G - Kobe
C - Asik/Cauley-Stein

I will be happy.

There's a way....

I am open to learning, so please elucidate.
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Rondo for $9/10mill max
Go for Asik or Tyson Chandler for a low post rebounding Center at $10=12 per

Still need that Small Forward to go with Kobe

Rondo
Kobe
Randle? Can we not get an upgrade for a starting posistion? KG? Thomas Robinson?
Asik/Chandler

Rondo
Kobe
Johnson - resign 1yr deal
Garnett/or Robinson
Tyson Chandler/ or Asik

Decent starting 5 cmon man what can everyone else come up with

Depending on who you get at small forward thats a pretty respectable starting 5. Yeah its not gona win a Championship but its a hell of alot better than what we have now
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
Rondo for $9/10mill max

Rondo
Kobe
Randle? Can we not get an upgrade for a starting posistion? KG? Thomas Robinson?
Asik/Chandler

Rondo
Kobe
Garnett/or Robinson
Tyson Chandler/ or Asik

Depending on who you get at small forward thats a pretty respectable starting 5. Yeah its not gona win a Championship but its a hell of alot better than what we have now

Some of our LG posters will have heart attacks if that happens.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
Rondo
Kobe
Garnett/or Robinson
Tyson Chandler/ or Asik

I would go as far as to say that it is easily worse than the team we have now. At least we suck enough to get a draft pick and retain our financial flexibility. Your plan gets us 15 more wins at the expense of having no future, a mediocre draft pick and no money left to make us any better. It even looks like you traded away our prospects (Clarkson & Randle).
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
Rondo for $9/10mill max

Rondo
Kobe
Asik/Chandler

Rondo
Kobe
Garnett/or Robinson
Tyson Chandler/ or Asik

I'm not interest in that lineup.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

lottery, here we come.

Truth is with the West, you basically have to have a cohesive team that took years to build like SA or have multiple healthy superstars/all-stars. Without landing a top FA or the top pick who's an immediate all-star candidate, chances are the lotto was coming for us anyways.

Only consolation is that giving up our lotto pick in the teens takes the ouch out of the foolish Nash trade. 2 late picks, a litlle high of a price but okay. How do not completely protect the lotto picks is beyond me. FO snoozed big time.

lottery isn't coming anyways, but that team that he put together, lottery is definitely coming. that team isn't balanced at all, nor do they mesh well to each others strengths.

who is rondo gonna pass it to to get offense? you have no shooters on the team, nobody that moves without the ball well, except kobe. the centers he chose aren't even good offensively. the only player that can create their own shot offensively is kobe and he doesn't wanna do too much at this point of his career. with that team, we would be relying on kobe to carry the load. wesley mathews is underrated, but he won't be effective on a team when he doesn't have players to take the focus off of him; like lillard and LA.

I feel he took "defense wins championships" to another level and ignore the fact that we do have to put points on the board to win games. that team would be a disaster waiting to happen. defensively, they would be solid, but offensively, it would be a travesty.

Last edited by Outspoken on Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 10 of 72
Jump to: