Official Rajon Rondo Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
...nobody that moves without the ball well, except kobe...

Don't you know that the ball is like a battery to Kobe? That's why Kobe can't play off the ball!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Don't you know that the ball is like a battery to Kobe? That's why Kobe can't play off the ball!

he could move without the ball. what player have he had, that he didn't have to have the ball in his hands most of the time? but lets not ignore how he moves when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. he's well rounded offensively.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

he could move without the ball. what player have he had, that he didn't have to have the ball in his hands most of the time? but lets not ignore how he moves when he doesn't have the ball in his hands. he's well rounded offensively.

it's called trust in your teammate.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

One of my teammates on my basketball league squad is a diehard Celtics fan. Guess what he's wishing on the Lakers? That we sign Rondo for 4 years.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

Rondo is coming here. I would bet on it. It's almost got that destiny feel.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

tonman wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

if he didn't trust his teammates, he wouldn't be getting the assists he has now at sg position. he has the most at that position, but you're missing my point.

why do you think phil jackson made kobe the main ball handler to start the triangle, the same way he did with pippen? phil didn't trust that responsibility with any other player? now think why? that should help you grasp my point.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
tonman wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

if he didn't trust his teammates, he wouldn't be getting the assists he has now at sg position. he has the most at that position, but you're missing my point.

why do you think phil jackson made kobe the main ball handler to start the triangle, the same way he did with pippen? phil didn't trust that responsibility with any other player? now think why? that should help you grasp my point.

Don't waste your time man. They'll never stop pushing their agenda
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

Biblical in a sense... your enemy shall save you from the reckoning.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Biblical in a sense... your enemy shall save you from the reckoning.

One of my friends on my basketball league team who is a diehard Celtics fan is hoping that the Lakers sign Rondo long-term.

If that isn't a curse I don't what else is.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official Rajon Rondo Thread

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
I know this is not going to be a highly popular thread due to the hate for this player. But he is the most likely free agent to dawn the purple & gold next season. With his most current beef with Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle, coupled with his poor play, all signs point to his departure from the Mavericks.

A current article quotes ESPN's Tim McMahon as saying about the relationship between Carlisle and Rondo (LINK):
Quote:
"Team sources told ESPNDallas.com that friction had been building between Carlisle and Rondo over play-calling responsibilities, the majority of which the coach has handled. Former Mavs point guard Jason Kidd had similar frustrations during his first season playing with Carlisle, although it never resulted in a public outburst," ESPN's Tim MacMahon wrote Wednesday.

The article continues with where the Lakers stand:
Quote:
The Mavericks want to re-sign Rondo after the season, but butting heads with Carlisle over the play-calling duties may be a sticking point for the mercurial point guard. If Rondo were to test free agency, the Lakers arguably would be his biggest suitor. In addition to having the allure of being a big market team and the cap space to give him a big payday, Rondo would likely have more freedom to run the plays he wants in Los Angeles.

Now, if we acquire the Rondo we saw playing in Boston, I believe most of us would be happy to have him on our team. With the friction we see happening in Dallas, it makes us have to pause and wonder if his value is getting hurt because of his current situation. Afterall, he is in his prime.

On the flip side, what kind of player would Rondo be under Byron Scott? What kind of value would Rondo have after a poor year in Dallas, when he becomes a free agent? Do the Lakers have a legit shot at acquiring him at a discounted rate instead of maxing him out?

Heres my thing with Rondo, HE CAN'T SHOOT! Thank you for your time.

No, seriously though, I remember when Rondo used to tear us up, especially in 2008. But you see, when we figured him out, stuck Kobe on him and sagged off, Boston struggled mightily. He might be a worse shooter today? I understand intangibles but good gawd man, he is shooting 28% from the ft line I believe, since joining Dallas?

Rondo an awful scorer end of story.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

Why does this thread even exist? The fact that it's been around for as long as it has and is still only 11 pages is indicative of its pointlessness.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject:

people here write "rondo" and think of a player who doesn't exist anymore.
the lakers know better.
so do other nba teams for that matter.
rondo's in for a harsh reality check next summer...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
people here write "rondo" and think of a player who doesn't exist anymore.
the lakers know better.
so do other nba teams for that matter.
rondo's in for a harsh reality check next summer...

I sincerely hope so.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma, they have so much riding on this.
went through so much crap to get to a point where things could start to turn around.

- they're not going to commit significant long term money to any player who's "performed" like rondo has in the last couple of years.
no matter what his "name" is, no matter how much he "wants" to be here (as if he'll really have options), no matter how much mr. 48 million wants him to be here.

if rondo is a laker next season, it's going to be on their terms - a one year deal for the leftovers (if there are any) after they've finished giving the long term K's they think are worth giving (if they find any - hopefully).

they are not morons and have way too much at stake for a mistake of this magnitude.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
yinoma, they have so much riding on this.
went through so much crap to get to a point where things could start to turn around.

- they're not going to commit significant long term money to any player who's "performed" like rondo has in the last couple of years.
no matter what his "name" is, no matter how much he "wants" to be here (as if he'll really have options), no matter how much mr. 48 million wants him to be here.

if rondo is a laker next season, it's going to be on their terms - a one year deal for the leftovers (if there are any) after they've finished giving the long term K's they think are worth giving (if they find any - hopefully).

they are not morons and have way too much at stake for a mistake of this magnitude.

I'm hoping they have reached this point. No matter how much Kobe whispers to the FO about how Rondo is a 'warrior' or from the Mamba bloodline, or even if we miss on all the big names, I hope they have the self-control to avoid this guy at all costs. Would be highly disappointed if we got him.
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

Hoopshype - Rondo is expected to demand a max contract, which league sources say he’s unlikely to get in a full offer kind of way, suggesting a team might go max dollars on a smaller-year deal.

Dallas has said they want to keep him and see him as a long-term fit; however, there is real doubt that’s a smart move.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

Blade wrote:
Hoopshype - Rondo is expected to demand a max contract, which league sources say he’s unlikely to get in a full offer kind of way, suggesting a team might go max dollars on a smaller-year deal.

Dallas has said they want to keep him and see him as a long-term fit; however, there is real doubt that’s a smart move.

Dallas is just posturing; unless they give Rondo the max, which i doubt, he's outta there.
However I agree that if he gets the max from anyone it will be a short term contract.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

Blade wrote:

maxing rondo out on a short term deal is fine with me. as long as we're freed up later on.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

I think you meant "impending doom".
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Blade wrote:

maxing rondo out on a short term deal is fine with me. as long as we're freed up later on.

I can come up with a very very very long list of players that money would be better used on even in the short term.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Blade wrote:

Short term as in one day works for me.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
Blade wrote:

Short term as in one day works for me.

and I'd be ok with that as long as the contract was signed two days ago.

that would be my condition.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

I really don't see a team possibly outside of the Kings offering Rondo a deal worth more than 10M a year
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

and the last thing the kings want is to bet on a head case to settle their other head case...

collison was great for them until he got hurt.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I really don't see a team possibly outside of the Kings offering Rondo a deal worth more than 10M a year

let's up the stakes.

tell me who offers him 8 mil on a long term deal...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 11 of 72
Jump to: