*** LAKERS vs BUCKS 2/27/15 7:30PM ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Aaaaand... Back to my house of cards marathon.

Same here

Last edited by Lakers95 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
philnyc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Why isn't Tarik Black getting any playing time?
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tanker tears are delicious.

If we keep this pick. Then dont cheer for him okay.

Why? Because you said so?

LoLoL

No not because i said so. Don't you see that if we miss out of one of the top 5 that its going to set us back? If you think any free agent of note is going to want to come here because we are the mighty Lakers then you are sadly mistaken.

All we have to build on are Randle, Clarkson and Kelly.

If you even think Kobe is going to come here and lead us to the promise land again then I have no hope for you.

A top 5 pick would put us into a great place in building up the franchise after Kobe leaves.

Addition by Subtraction. Lose now to win later and many more down the road.

If we keep our pick then we can watch the team grow, in the same manner that other teams have.

But if we keep wining at get the 6 pick then it will set us back and we stink again for a few years. But hey what do I know I am just a fan with an opinion.

Sounds like negativity and desperation.

The Lakers will be fine whether we get the pick or not.

I never said that we wouldn't be fine. It will take a lot longer for this team to become good again. That might 10 or 11 years down the line before we even sniff the finals again.

Build through the draft sand stop swinging for the damn fences like this front office has done for the past few years. Now that looks desperate.

Build superstars like we did with Kobe, Magic and Worthy.

Building thru the draft is a big gamble. We're doing pretty good at picking up prior lottery players underestimated by other teams. Many players don't show any greatness for several years and not every team has patience to wait it out.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

These meltdowns are more entertaining than the games, keep it up fellas!

!...
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject:

philnyc wrote:

I've been wondering that myself!
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I have no problem waiting either. But still I want to get back as quickly and efficiently and possible. I hate losing and being the butt of jokes.

Our fan base looks like a bigger home when they root to lose.

Its the big picture thing. Lose now and win later. Okafor, Towns and Russell are really good prospects and would help the franchise a lot. But Mitch might have something up his sleeve on draft night.

Its kill the one to save the many type of thinking.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Captain America wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Captain America wrote:
I guarentee you guys positive momentum and team play has way more draw towards potential FA's than tanking ever will

Talent draws FAs.
Winning with players who will NOT be here next year does nothing but hurt us

I disagree players want to play for a FO with integrity, everyone knows the 76rs are a bunch of scrubs and will continue to be because they tank

So you are saying integrity > talent?

Long term Integrity & Character > sacrificing integrity for hopeful quick fix

Hopeful quick fix?
I don't think the top 5 pick is a quick fix, but it is an asset.
Also, it is an asset which we won't have to pay much.
Lakers need combination of draft picks and FAs.
That is how all NBA teams are built.

We are in no position to literally give away draft pick especially top 6 picks!
If anything, by putting your faith in FAs alone you are the one hoping for a quick fix!

I simply want us to do everything possible to get better.
Winning now ONLY hurts!
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Travers wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

LoLoL

No not because i said so. Don't you see that if we miss out of one of the top 5 that its going to set us back? If you think any free agent of note is going to want to come here because we are the mighty Lakers then you are sadly mistaken.

If you even think Kobe is going to come here and lead us to the promise land again then I have no hope for you.

A top 5 pick would put us into a great place in building up the franchise after Kobe leaves.

If we keep our pick then we can watch the team grow, in the same manner that other teams have.

But if we keep wining at get the 6 pick then it will set us back and we stink again for a few years. But hey what do I know I am just a fan with an opinion.

I never said that we wouldn't be fine. It will take a lot longer for this team to become good again. That might 10 or 11 years down the line before we even sniff the finals again.

Build through the draft sand stop swinging for the damn fences like this front office has done for the past few years. Now that looks desperate.

You realize draft picks are very hit or miss right, look at the top5 picks for the past 10 years, 60% of those guys never became anything, maybe 10% become all stars

It s 50/50 on hit or miss. Some make it some dont its just life. by the 3rd or 4th year you do know when a player might become successful. now I am not saying go get the next superstar, but we can get a solid foundation for the future with the pick (if he pans out). We can always trade the player for another teams superstar.

If there's a team need least to tank for super stars, it's the Lakers. When Kobe retired, LA will become a hot spot for free agents again.

What are the coming too? If I am a free agent I am going to go to the team with most talent and the best chance to win not because Kobe is gone and I can take the team to glory. Nope I want the most help I can get. This is why you see super teams.

And so an unproven rookie would be the make or break for that?

Nope all I said that a TALENTED rookie may look intriguing to superstar. That player can say I can take him under my wing and mold him. If you look around the Lakers do not have a lot to build on right now. not only is it cost effective it will be fun to see the potential.
+

I see the opposite is happening with superstar FAs. They want the team in a contending mode with veteran players. They don't have time to wait for a 'talented' rookie to develop. Not even #1 Wiggins can convince Lebron that he is ready for the big stage compared to Love. You will hardly see a contending team having patience to develop a 'talented' rookie to give him enough time to develop. If LA will sign some top FAs, they will want veteran teammates and a strong bench. LA has a strong bench. Now if only Kobe can convince some of his FA superstar friends that he will play like that game against Lebron with 17 assists in the the next season, then perhaps FAs superstars won't mind coming over to play with him for another run, because they know a playmaking Kobe plus a strong bench will be a potent combination.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

LoLoL

Building thru the draft is a big gamble. We're doing pretty good at picking up prior lottery players underestimated by other teams. Many players don't show any greatness for several years and not every team has patience to wait it out.

Like Wes Johnson? lolol Kidding

But if we are winning more and more games every year and the pick is getting better each year then that will be fun. I am not looking for instant gratification with the 2015 pick. I am looking for something we can build on more maybe trade for something better.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Travers wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

LoLoL

You realize draft picks are very hit or miss right, look at the top5 picks for the past 10 years, 60% of those guys never became anything, maybe 10% become all stars

It s 50/50 on hit or miss. Some make it some dont its just life. by the 3rd or 4th year you do know when a player might become successful. now I am not saying go get the next superstar, but we can get a solid foundation for the future with the pick (if he pans out). We can always trade the player for another teams superstar.

If there's a team need least to tank for super stars, it's the Lakers. When Kobe retired, LA will become a hot spot for free agents again.

What are the coming too? If I am a free agent I am going to go to the team with most talent and the best chance to win not because Kobe is gone and I can take the team to glory. Nope I want the most help I can get. This is why you see super teams.

Nope all I said that a TALENTED rookie may look intriguing to superstar. That player can say I can take him under my wing and mold him. If you look around the Lakers do not have a lot to build on right now. not only is it cost effective it will be fun to see the potential.
+

I see the opposite is happening with superstar FAs. They want the team in a contending mode with veteran players. They don't have time to wait for a 'talented' rookie to develop. Not even #1 Wiggins can convince Lebron that he is ready for the big stage compared to Love. You will hardly see a contending team having patience to develop a 'talented' rookie to give him enough time to develop. If LA will sign some top FAs, they will want veteran teammates and a strong bench. LA has a strong bench. Now if only Kobe can convince some of his FA superstar friends that he will play like that game against Lebron with 17 assists in the the next season, then perhaps FAs superstars won't mind coming over to play with him for another run, because they know a playmaking Kobe plus a strong bench will be a potent combination.

The Lakers are no where no contending mode. Also, we can always trade the pick for something nice. And Kobe is the ultimate alpha male.I see your point on the superstars thing. Me first everyone else second. That is hard for him to break.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

I have no problem waiting either. But still I want to get back as quickly and efficiently and possible. I hate losing and being the butt of jokes.

Its the big picture thing. Lose now and win later. Okafor, Towns and Russell are really good prospects and would help the franchise a lot. But Mitch might have something up his sleeve on draft night.

But it's not.

Missing out on a top 5 didn't guarantee bad things will happen. Getting it doesn't guarantee food things will happen.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Tyrion Lannister wrote:
KLS wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Travers wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

LoLoL

+

The Lakers are no where no contending mode. Also, we can always trade the pick for something nice. And Kobe is the ultimate alpha male.I see your point on the superstars thing. Me first everyone else second. That is hard for him to break.

Correction Magic Johnson is the ultimate alpha male. Great leader charismatic etc.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Captain America wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Captain America wrote:
I guarentee you guys positive momentum and team play has way more draw towards potential FA's than tanking ever will

Talent draws FAs.
Winning with players who will NOT be here next year does nothing but hurt us

I disagree players want to play for a FO with integrity, everyone knows the 76rs are a bunch of scrubs and will continue to be because they tank

So you are saying integrity > talent?

Long term Integrity & Character > sacrificing integrity for hopeful quick fix

Hopeful quick fix?
I don't think the top 5 pick is a quick fix, but it is an asset.
Also, it is an asset which we won't have to pay much.
Lakers need combination of draft picks and FAs.
That is how all NBA teams are built.

We are in no position to literally give away draft pick especially top 6 picks!
If anything, by putting your faith in FAs alone you are the one hoping for a quick fix!

I simply want us to do everything possible to get better.
Winning now ONLY hurts!

We're not giving away a top pick. It's not ours to give.

If we genuinely are bad enough for a pick, we'll get one. If we're not bad enough, then we'll improve in another way.
Tyrion Lannister
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

But it's not.

Missing out on a top 5 didn't guarantee bad things will happen. Getting it doesn't guarantee food things will happen.

Nope it doesn't do anything either way, but the way int the NBA is these draft picks are highly valued over Veterans
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
KLS wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Travers wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Captain America wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

LoLoL

+

Correction Magic Johnson is the ultimate alpha male. Great leader charismatic etc.

Magic is a great leader who always makes his teammates better, while Kobe is a great warrior who executes his plays well.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Our fan base looks like a bigger joke when they root to lose.

All smart fans in the league know that the Lakers news to lose to keep the pick. Our fans look like a joke as they celebrate wins that hurt the team!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

All smart fans in the league know that the Lakers news to lose to keep the pick. Our fans look like a joke as they celebrate wins that hurt the team!

Nope.

When a team is doing bad and the fans still support them and cheer for them, the fans don't look like a joke. The team might look like a joke because they're bad... but the fans are seen as loyal.

When they root to lose to try to artificially jump spots to get a better chance at a higher pick... that's just pretty pathetic. It's what I would have expected from Clippers fans a while back. It's the stuff Lakers fans would laugh at and say we'd never stoop that low.
jackwu10
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Nope.

When a team is doing bad and the fans still support them and cheer for them, the fans don't look like a joke. The team might look like a joke because they're bad... but the fans are seen as loyal.

When they root to lose to try to artificially jump spots to get a better chance at a higher pick... that's just pretty pathetic. It's what I would have expected from Clippers fans a while back. It's the stuff Lakers fans would laugh at and say we'd never stoop that low.

this guy knows what's going on. respect
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Nope.

Nope.

Again, when you state that we are trying to increase our chances at a higher pick, you are mischaracterizing our current position. First and Foremost, we are trying to KEEP OUR PICK!

Most Die Hard NBA fans from around the league, Basketball executives, and analysts agree that the Lakers need to keep the pick.

To those fans, they only scoff at how stupid Lakers fans are as they root for their team to lose their pick.

As far as loyalty goes, unfortunately many Lakers fans have stopped watching, but I have caught every single Laker game this year in the hopes of watching Clarkson develop and keeping the pick.

In fact, informally, from my own friends, those who are anti-tank have generally stopped watching while those who are pro-tank are still watching.

As for the Clippers, they would not be in their current situation without Blake or Eric Gordon. We also could never have predicted that we would have found ourselves in a position where we would be horrible and in danger of losing our draft pick as well.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Nope.

Nope.

Again, when you state that we are trying to increase our chances at a higher pick, you are mischaracterizing our current position. First and Foremost, we are trying to KEEP OUR PICK!

Most Die Hard NBA fans from around the league, Basketball executives, and analysts agree that the Lakers need to keep the pick.

To those fans, they only scoff at how stupid Lakers fans are as they root for their team to lose their pick.

As far as loyalty goes, unfortunately many Lakers fans have stopped watching, but I have caught every single Laker game this year in the hopes of watching Clarkson develop and keeping the pick.

In fact, informally, from my own friends, those who are anti-tank have generally stopped watching while those who are pro-tank are still watching.

As for the Clippers, they would not be in their current situation without Blake or Eric Gordon. We also could never have predicted that we would have found ourselves in a position where we would be horrible and in danger of losing our draft pick as well.
You might keep it this year but you might lose it next year as that is top 3 protected only.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
philnyc wrote:

I've been wondering that myself!

I think it's Byron Scott way of making the statement to the front office that he won't tank anymore. I mean...why start Boozer (that souldnt even be with the team) again? Black went from starting to not even playing a minute, what did he do wrong? The Lakers are a freaking joke and it seems that BScott is the one calling the shots. If so, then only god can help the Lakers

Last edited by Fruscas on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

But it's not.

It requires a blind man and/or a very dumb one to fail to recognize that the L column is the true Win column this season. If you weren't able to see that since the beggining of the season, there's no excuse not to see it since at least December of 2014.

So, yeah i'm saying you're the fake fan, and that you're rooting for the Lakers to lose in reality, winning meaningless regular season games. You're thinking like dumbscott, you're part of the problem.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

But it's not.

It requires a blind man and/or a very dumb one to fail to recognize that the L column is the true Win column this season. If you weren't able to see that since the beggining of the season, there's no excuse not to see it since at least December of 2014.

So, yeah i'm saying you're the fake fan, and that you're rooting for the Lakers to lose in reality, winning meaningless regular season games. You're thinking like dumbscott, you're part of the problem.

Gee, thanks.

But it's 2015, not 1984.

And I don't love Big Brother.

So yeah, I'm saying fans like you have been sold a bill of goods and swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

This is all the result of a totally dysfunctional NBA system that has expanded to too many teams, and tries to convince the fans of the worst ones that they need to lose now in order to win later.

We didn't need to lose in order to win in all the years that Dr. Buss was still alive. Buss took pride in the fact that in all the years he owned the team, we only failed to make the playoffs two times.

And since his death, we've only made the playoffs once, and that was a first round exit.

I'm happy the team has won three in a row, and I'll be even happier if they manage to defeat OKC to make it four in a row.

I root for any player who plays for the Lakers while they play for the Lakers, and that includes this year's squad.

And I've been a Lakers fan since the days when Pat Riley took over the job of head coach. I have framed, autographed pictures of Kobe on the wall, and I wear Lakers caps almost everywhere I go.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

Nope.

Nope.

You might keep it this year but you might lose it next year as that is top 3 protected only.

Exactly. All the more urgency to get the pick this year since we are in a position to save it. It will be much more difficult to get the pick next year.

Also, the reason many of us want to tank this year is so we are NOT IN THE SAME position next year. We fully expect the Lakers to be better next year, and the pick will hopefully not be as good.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:

But it's not.

Harsh Language, but I think that is truthful!
When you tanking, everything is reversed and rooting for a Win is essentially rooting for a Loss!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19
Jump to: