COMPLAINTS ABOUT POSSIBLY LOSING PICK HERE ---->
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

We need a long losing streak starting tomorrow. Go thunder !!! Too bad Westbrook isn't playing.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Lets see; we get vetoed on trade for big named player. We get snubbed by free agents and our own big named free agents to play elsewhere. We couldn't even trade Gasol for a late first round pick and the trend continues this year. Now we are shooting ourselves in the foot by trying our best to give away a top 5 pick.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm calling it now....

25 GAME LOSING STREAK to end the season!
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Winning the last 3 games have brought out the crazy in Laker fanatics.
It's some bizarro reflection of the hysteria fans had in our championship years on the rare occasion when we lost 3 games in a row.
What an emotional pendulum Lakerland can be.

Let's hope we keep that top 5 pick, Randle and Kobe come back next season and play great, we have a productive offseason, and we can put this (bleep) ing atrocity behind us. We deserve something good going our way after the turmoil of the last two seasons, right?
kobe209
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject:

Never seen a more hateable group of guys in my life. I would rather see Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Luke walton in the starting lineup. Throw in Sasha and ill even watch every game

IG: wywsabaywb
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

Consider yourself blessed to not be as idiotic as 99% of the people on this forum. You are a real fan. Don't feel like you have to defend yourself against all these fake fans.

KISS MY CONVERSE!
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
Never seen a more hateable group of guys in my life. I would rather see Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, and Luke walton in the starting lineup. Throw in Sasha and ill even watch every game

Throw in the other dudes on Luke and RJ's boat, too.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:
A top 5 pick does not guarantee us a lasting star. I'd rather our young guys work on their confidence and give us enjoyable games to watch. Rooting for losses is just demoralizing. Screw the tank.

Says the guy named after a player the Lakers drafted!
Did they draft him due to purposely losing?

The 94 team tried to scrape into the 8th seed until they were practically mathematically eliminated by Denver in an April meeting. However, they didn't have a top 5 protected scenario to battle. If this Laker team could get the 10th pick this year, few of the same people would be whining about the team winning gms.

They didn't tank that year, but Eddie Jones was a lottery player. A good one, too. It's amusing to think that we could've done without him on the team. A lottery pick is always important, it's not just something to toss away if you can help it. Hell, non-stanly Stanley Johnson isn't what MikeLG and other draft guys are creamin for, but who the hell would prefer not to have him over a stupid display of pride resulting in about 30 wins? Stanley's not even the guy people are hoping for, but we could even use him every day and twice on Sunday. We are that bereft of long term talent.

The rationale that people use for tanking disturbs me, as if integrity and character are worthless because they aren't tangible.

Integrity and character went the way of a Putin dissident when the FO did what they did to put us in this situation (and again in 2 yrs). Jesus...I think that's the one thing that is really making us grouchy bastards. Most of us are just adapting to the situation that the team put their fans and patron$ in. Jack can't even take the Lakers in full doses any longer. Stupidity is a vice just like lack of integrity and character. Losing seasons do little for displaying integrity and character anyway. They're tossed onto the ash heap of history around these parts.

I think this is one of those situations (as in 07) where the FO needs to get the message drilled into them via harsh, unapologetic, and perhaps whiny/spoiled fan attitudes. If the fans showed nothing but full support for this (meaning integrity and character...), God knows how long they'd continue on the same path of malaise. You want talent, fast breaks, d0nX! and wins just like the rest of us. Even VLF wants those things (maybe). Everyone from salary cap superstar Larry Coon to pimply new member "kobe12345" wants that. If kobe12345 had 100 posts, I'm sure he would create a thread saying the same things. The punch needs to be stirred every so often. The character and integrity of the FO needs to be demonstrated if ours does, amico mio.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject:

I'm feeling the OP's original post...You gotta hand it to the Lakers FO to muf up a shore thing in a Top 5 pick; however I will say this, maybe they know something we don't when it comes to this league and its politics.
So with that being said, let's hope we can trade higher up into the 1st round and be thankful for #27!
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject:

It's funny, I actually think some of the posters are banking on "LUCK" and the Lakers winning the Lottery, and what's even more funny is that I truly believe the Lakers FO is feeling the exact same way. Has anyone seen the Bandwagon! ROTFLMAO!!!
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject:

If our front office knew anything about the league and its politics, it should be this; Chris Paul coming to the Lakers in a trade was vetoed. It was the teams around the league that were crying about the trade. No one wants to help the Lakers, and now the Lakers are being foolish to win games as if they are going to help themselves. Wake up, the league isn't going to give you anything. I don't blame the players and the coach because they are paid to do just that, but at this point our front office should have put us in a better position to play rookies and future prospects and not waste time on Boozer, Linn or any other player that does not fit in the future of the Lakers. I mean check out some new prospects from D-League whatever, that would help to possibly find a hidden gem and gain some experience for our young guys moving forward while maintaining the tank.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Lakers are the new Clippers

An owner who has no respect.

Can't seem to win for loosing.

Can't even tank properly to improve.

Too painful to even watch the games. Even though support the team.

The only solution is to tank and get good draft picks. Nobody is going to
deal with the Lakers and no good free agent is coming to the Lakers.
The states with no state tax has an unfair advantage.
They already have a 13.3% or more advantage.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

Wow , just wow. Lakers fans having an inferiorirty complex. LA's got the glamour, Hollywood, stars come out every night, women that are 10s, beach and sun. What more does one need to attract the best players?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
I'm calling it now....

25 GAME LOSING STREAK to end the season!

LET'S DO IT!
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

it was fun while it lasted. now we can go back to losing.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Wow , just wow. Lakers fans having an inferiorirty complex. LA's got the glamour, Hollywood, stars come out every night, women that are 10s, beach and sun. What more does one need to attract the best players?

I think it's more like reality check. Feeling beautiful and looking beautiful isn't the same thing. Accept reality so we can fix it by appropriating the correct measures to ensure the best possible chance for reconstruction.

We look ugly right now and no one is dropping their girlfriend to come play with us.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

it seems like a slow motion trainwreck. We win enough "meaningless/moral victory" games to slide in the lotto process and then slip to the 6th pick in the lotto...

At least that scenario brings things to a head, no more pie in the sky dreams of drafting this or that miracle rookie who will save us. It would force management to finally come up with a plan that makes some sense, none of this bringing in guys like Boozer and the Snake. They are great guys - what are they? Are they involved in the rebuilding process in the future or what exactly is the plan? Bring in all these older vets with 10,000 miles on their legs with a nutty coach who doesn't like 3 pointers or ???

I think Laker fans would calm down IF there was an actual plan, what the Lakers have been doing is some kind of strange patchwork/hodgepodge of names from the past and fringe guys who may or may not be in the league next year.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:

Ask the following players.

Dwight, Gasol, Lebron, and Carmelo. They recently said No.

I think that it is an opportunity to compete and win a championship.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

"Adversity does not build character, it reveals it."
- James Lane Allen
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
"Adversity does not build character, it reveals it."
- James Lane Allen

Is that something we're going to tell our top 5 pick?
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

I think Laker fans would calm down IF there was an actual plan.

of course there is. It's the same plan as every guy who walks in a club. Get Lucky.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

I think Laker fans would calm down IF there was an actual plan.

of course there is. It's the same plan as every guy who walks in a club. Get Lucky.

Right and hopefully that woman picks out your lotto balls...
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Winning the last 3 games have brought out the crazy in Laker fanatics.
It's some bizarro reflection of the hysteria fans had in our championship years on the rare occasion when we lost 3 games in a row.
What an emotional pendulum Lakerland can be.

Let's hope we keep that top 5 pick, Randle and Kobe come back next season and play great, we have a productive offseason, and we can put this (bleep) ing atrocity behind us. We deserve something good going our way after the turmoil of the last two seasons, right?

Started even before that with the cp3 veto
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

it's been said before but... what do you think D'Antoni is doing this fine, Sunday morning? Opening up the paper and looking at the standings and getting a good chuckle?

That dude was scapegoated by everyone and yet, here we are, even worse than last year, certainly the coaching is worse... these guys aren't playing for Scott, they're trying to salvage their careers despite his nutty coaching... it will probably cost us the draft pick, the other teams are openly tanking...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

D'Antoni's only chuckle is that he'll never coach again. Worst coach in the history of the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12
Jump to: