COMPLAINTS ABOUT POSSIBLY LOSING PICK HERE ---->
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
D'Antoni's only chuckle is that he'll never coach again. Worst coach in the history of the game.

He's not that bad.

!...
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
King Randle wrote:
D'Antoni's only chuckle is that he'll never coach again. Worst coach in the history of the game.

He's not that bad.

Agreed. He's better than Byron. WTS, I think MDA finds a head coaching job in the college ranks in the future...
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He's not that bad.

agreed. Not the worst. But he was no scapegoat. Desperately wanting to win with his system at all costs. Far worst than Scott. MD had the players for while and didn't do anything with it - misusing his team's strength. MD brought it on himself.

IMO Scott knows the stakes -he's pacing his wins to be marginally in/out of the top 5 barrier. The substitution pattern suggests such - recent win streak had to do with his better players finishing winnable games.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He's not that bad.

agreed. Not the worst. But he was no scapegoat. Desperately wanting to win with his system at all costs. Far worst than Scott. MD had the players for while and didn't do anything with it - misusing his team's strength. MD brought it on himself.

IMO Scott knows the stakes -he's pacing his wins to be marginally in/out of the top 5 barrier. The substitution pattern suggests such - recent win streak had to do with his better players finishing winnable games.

I thought he compromised his beliefs and system quite a bit when he was here. Especially in the second half of his first season.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He's not that bad.

yup. In my eyes, Scott > MDA > Brown.

Mike Brown was simply awful.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: The Lakers FO should be fired

They sold the farm to get Nash. Who is not even playing or has played worth a damn.

Now the rebuilding will take 5 years if not longer.

Have to change GM.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers FO should be fired

laker50 wrote:
They sold the farm to get Nash. Who is not even playing or has played worth a damn.

Have to change GM.

lol. No thank you.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

I would say the guy before him and the guy after him line the bottom of that barrel. I put MDA at a Del Harris level, good coach but not good enough to win it all.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers FO should be fired

laker50 wrote:

Have to change GM.

Oh no, we might have to wait 5 years to win a title!! The world is ending, all hope is lost!!

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

I'm shocked anybody would say B. Scott is a better coach than D'Antoni. At least with D'Antoni, there was a reason why Jordan Hill would plant himself beyond the free throw line so he could chuck mid range jumpers and at least there was an attempt at an actual offense and actual, drawn up plays coming out of timeouts. Meanwhile, B. Scott will tell anybody who will listen that he still prefers a typewriter and doesn't understand this newfangled thing they call Microsoft Word - just like my grandfather...

and, you have to admit, the roster D'Antoni was dealing with was horrible for the type of offense he wanted to run. He had to dumb it down due to the players. With Scott, I've seen no semblance of any real attempt at an offense. It's Princeton... something... I have no idea and I doubt it will look any different next season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

Injuries constantly cost us!
Chances are we'll keep our pick.
But we can't even tank right because Snake and Swag are out (2 key pieces of the ).
No way we win all 3 of our last games if those guys were in our rotation.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

I can't really grade Byron with this roster. D'antoni for a while had Dwight Howard, Gasol, and Kobe(playing like he was in his prime). Scott has Boozer, Lin, and Young.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I would say the guy before him and the guy after him line the bottom of that barrel. I put MDA at a Del Harris level, good coach but not good enough to win it all.

Please, he helped run off Dwight and Pau. Not to mention Kaman. He put his insistence on running his system before the needs of the team. To the point that Kobe had to forcefully take over the way the team played ball mid way through the season. That's why they sneaked into the playoffs. He did nothing to improve the chemistry of the team, in fact by all appearances he worsened it. He was also snobbish and arrogant to the fans. Please don't insult Del by equating him with that guy.

It was just a bad choice by the FO (Jerry, Jim whoever) to hire him.

Last edited by Goldenwest on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I can't really grade Byron with this roster. D'antoni for a while had Dwight Howard, Gasol, and Kobe(playing like he was in his prime). Scott has Boozer, Lin, and Young.

but, that was the problem, Dwight refused to do the pick and rolls D'Antoni wanted him to do. Gasol is the exact opposite of what D'Antoni wanted in a Center and Kobe isn't exactly a D'Antoni system type player either, he was just so great, he was an aberration in the system. At least D'Antoni was able to alter the offense so they could try and make a run for the playoffs. Scott has crappy players too but I've gotten no sense of organization from him or building any kind of system for next season besides the whole wind sprint thing, where he's probably going to blow out Julius Randle's legs in the early part of next season. If not Randle, somebody else will blow out their legs running wind sprints BEFORE a game... ...
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Please, he helped run off Dwight and Pau. Not to mention Kaman. He put his insistence on running his system before the needs of the team. To the point that Kobe had to forcefully take over the way the team played ball mid way through the season. That's why they sneaked into the playoffs. He did nothing to improve the chemistry of the team, in fact by all appearances he worsened it. He was also snobbish and arrogant to the fans. Please don't insult Del by equating him with that guy.

well, I'm not here to defend D'Antoni by any means... as far as Scott on that point, how many times have we seen it this season when a reporter comes up to a player before the game and says, "you're starting" and the player says, "I am"? Meanwhile, the reporter goes off to the player who is now benched and tells him he's been benched and the player says, "really"? Neither guy is great in the communication dept...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

The bad choice was to bring in Dwight and not trade Pau. They didn't work at all together. So you base MDA's coaching career on one poorly constructed team? Expand your horizons a little, the guy had good success when he had decent teams. And Kobe drove off Dwight, not MDA.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

well, I'm not here to defend D'Antoni by any means... as far as Scott on that point, how many times have we seen it this season when a reporter comes up to a player before the game and says, "you're starting" and the player says, "I am"? Meanwhile, the reporter goes off to the player who is now benched and tells him he's been benched and the player says, "really"? Neither guy is great in the communication dept...

I'm not calling Scott a good coach either. Seems like a good figurehead type coach who needs good assistants to be effected. Maybe his organizational and attention to detail skills leave a lot to be desired. Still it looks like the players generally respect him.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

The bad choice was to bring in Dwight and not trade Pau. They didn't work at all together. So you base MDA's coaching career on one poorly constructed team? Expand your horizons a little, the guy had good success when he had decent teams. And Kobe drove off Dwight, not MDA.

No, I base it on his refusal to adapt to the talent around him. It was a highly talented team the FO put together. Everyone here was pretty much in agreement on that score. And like I said, MDA's mismanagement of the team helped push Dwight and Pau out the door. Placing the whole blame on Kobe is pretty shortsighted.

MDA had good success when he had a team tailored made to his system, and he was lucky to have a two-time MVP at pg in his prime. But he couldn't adapt when the personnel did quite fit (see NY). He's a one-trick pony. How's his coaching career faring now VLF? Take off your rose colored glasses and admit that the FO botched that coaching hire.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

So Howard having the highest number of touches of any center ever in MDA's coaching career wasn't adapting to his talent? I disagree. Talent without fit doesn't win, we see that often in sports. And Pau and Dwight were a horrible fit. Horrible. At least with Pau and Bynum we had LO to play with one while the other sat. We didn't have that this time. And Dwight did leave because he didn't want to play with Kobe, he didn't want to play with Kobe's expectations of him.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I'm not calling Scott a good coach either. Seems like a good figurehead type coach who needs good assistants to be effected. Maybe his organizational and attention to detail skills leave a lot to be desired. Still it looks like the players generally respect him.

I guess we'll really find out who likes who in the offseason - to see who bolts and then in Scott's 2nd season, which is when the wheels really started coming off for D'Antoni. Lin and Scott are like oil and water and I don't get the impression Scott and Nick Young get along very well. Guys like Ellington and Sacre are just grateful for the chance to play. If Kobe had played more, Scott's "coaching" style would have been challenged quite a bit more, the rest of these guys don't have the cache to challenge the coach. Ed Davis? I know he likes it here but... I don't think it's just the money that will cause him to bolt, like Ellington, it will be another team's coach telling them how they fit in better there than here and there will be no rebuttal from B. Scott because... players shouldn't be coddled? or whatever the "old school" reason will be for not talking to them. Then you've got guys like Wes Johnson... you can just feel the breeze blowing between his ears... I'm not even sure if he knows who the coach is? Maybe he thinks it's Madsen?
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Lakers probably got a warning from the league. It was so obvious that the Lakers was tanking. Nicholson not showing up to games has become bad image for the Lakers. The Lakers had the talent to get to the playoffs this year, Lin, Boozer, Young, Davis, Black, all had the talent to get us to the playoffs. If we were 5th place, guess what? we needed to be better than 2 teams after that to get to the playoffs. You just need to be better than half the teams in the West to make thee playoffs. I mean, you just have to better than 50% for crying out loud!!!

Most of the games I remember were all tanked on purpose. We were leading, but when the other team was coming back, there were literally NO timeouts called to stop the bleeding. WT f? When we were leading, what does Scott do? Put in Ryan Kelly and Sacre to put the game away, (for us to lose that is).

This is against the interest of the fans, the interest of the free agents i.e Lin, Boozer, Davis, Black. This is against the Lakers brand image.

If the league did give a warning to the Lakers, then good for them. This is getting ridiculous. I was just speculating about the league giving them a warning, but judging by how they have changed their game, I wouldn't rule this out as a possibility. I mean, after all, we did see Philly beat Washington.

Maybe the league gave a warning to Philly too?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

According to the league teams don't tank.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So Howard having the highest number of touches of any center ever in MDA's coaching career wasn't adapting to his talent? I disagree. Talent without fit doesn't win, we see that often in sports. And Pau and Dwight were a horrible fit. Horrible. At least with Pau and Bynum we had LO to play with one while the other sat. We didn't have that this time. And Dwight did leave because he didn't want to play with Kobe, he didn't want to play with Kobe's expectations of him.

Dwight got most of those touches after Kobe took over the system from MDA. That wasn't MDA's system.

And more like Pau and MDA were a horrible fit. Pau camped out shooting jumpers and complaining about his role in the system. MDA meanwhile firing back at Pau and saying he could post up whenever he wanted, remember that? Great respect going on there.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Winning the last 3 games have brought out the crazy in Laker fanatics.
It's some bizarro reflection of the hysteria fans had in our championship years on the rare occasion when we lost 3 games in a row.
What an emotional pendulum Lakerland can be.

Let's hope we keep that top 5 pick, Randle and Kobe come back next season and play great, we have a productive offseason, and we can put this (bleep) ing atrocity behind us. We deserve something good going our way after the turmoil of the last two seasons, right?

Started even before that with the cp3 veto

Maybe even before that with when we got swept in embarrassing fashion by the Mavs. Yeah, we deserve a break
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

DimesnD wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He's not that bad.

MDA got surpassed by other coaches around the league who incorporated the principles of his system yet were also flexible enough to realize that you need to play defense as well....remember last year when he said we'll spend 30 minutes on defense?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: