OFFICIAL OPTIMISTIC/POSITIVE THREAD....NO NEGATIVITY! (2015-2016 Season Pg. 3)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL OPTIMISTIC/POSITIVE THREAD....NO NEGATIVITY! (2015-2016 Season Pg. 3)

Here is a thread that's a safe place for us positive thinkers to post without any negativity!!

Last edited by kobe_luver on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

kobe_luver wrote:

Seeing how happy the players are also is wonderful.

I was on the tank bandwaggon this season and to be honest there was no joy watching games.

I'm not sure getting a pick is worth more than ending the season winning. Free agents will be more confident coming to a team that appears to have gotten over their losing trend.

I'm gonna throw up
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

kobe_luver wrote:
It's about time to start my Optimistic/Positive thread for this season. I start one every season.....really need it now with the Tanking panic.

If we don't keep out pick this season...I feel we have the equivalent in our 2nd pick from the last draft. Clarkson improving this season at this amazing rate is a joy to watch!!

Watching how happy the fans were at the game when we were winning really warms my heart!!

I was on the tank bandwaggon this season and to be honest there was no joy watching games.

I'm not sure getting a pick is worth more than ending the season winning. Free agents will be more confident coming to a team that appears to have gotten over their losing trend.
stop it, despite this little run, this team still stinks and won't win more than 25 games, just enough to lose the pick and have nothing to show for a dismal season. Free agents would rather come to a team with young talent, such as a team with a top player like Okafor, Towns, coming in.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

kobe_luver wrote:
It's about time to start my Optimistic/Positive thread for this season. I start one every season.....really need it now with the Tanking panic.

If we don't keep out pick this season...I feel we have the equivalent in our 2nd pick from the last draft. Clarkson improving this season at this amazing rate is a joy to watch!!

Watching how happy the fans were at the game when we were winning really warms my heart!!

I can't agree with this one bud. Winning 25 games (best case scenario) isn't getting over our losing ways. I would think free agents would be more interested in joining up with some low paid young talent.

Sorry to go against the grain of this thread. I just don't see any silver lining to winning a single game from here on out.

I do like where your head is at though. Good positive energy.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

This just makes me sadder. Imagining Clarkson as this year's 1st rounder just reminds me we could have drafted ANOTHER player of his level or better to compliment him and Randle
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Positive/Optimistic posts only in this thread. The whole rest of the Lounge is a P&M free zone.

As I said...I was rooting for the tank but if we start winning games it is out of our control. I prefer to take that and look at the positive angles than the negative ones.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

Legacy wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

I can't agree with this one bud. Winning 25 games (best case scenario) isn't getting over our losing ways. I would think free agents would be more interested in joining up with some low paid young talent.

Sorry to go against the grain of this thread. I just don't see any silver lining to winning a single game from here on out.

I disagree about FA wanting to play with young low budget talent. But we need the pick.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
This just makes me sadder. Imagining Clarkson as this year's 1st rounder just reminds me we could have drafted ANOTHER player of his level or better to compliment him and Randle

In all fairness, the season is far from over. I'm hoping our group of misfits can muster up enough incompetence to land us our pick. Otherwise we will be a monumental laughing stock.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

Eww positive energy.

Eww, rooting for the team.

Why can't these guys go out there and embarrass themselves by losing every game by 25+ points? The audacity of these idiots to be still be playing hard this late into the season, unreal.

That's it, i'm done. I'm becoming a Sparks fan.

!...

Last edited by City_Dawg on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

If u wanna be positive look at it this way.

We sort of have a 1st overall pick in randle cause he would've gone number 1 in 2013! Come on just trick your brain into believing it. It'll ease the pain guys.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Legacy wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

I disagree about FA wanting to play with young low budget talent. But we need the pick.

Really? How so? If these FA's are afraid of being out-shined and/or out-paid by said young talent, then I'm not sure I would want them here to begin with.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

We should have hired Phil. His disastrous attempt at trying to install the triangle would have been a godsend.

!...
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Clarkson is a player that has a fire in him to win. We'd have to bench him or severely limit his minutes to tank. Winning games with teammates that are playing to win is part of Clarkson's progression.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

Inverse wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

I'm gonna throw up

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Take your optimism and shove it!
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

DocK36 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

stop it, despite this little run, this team still stinks and won't win more than 25 games, just enough to lose the pick and have nothing to show for a dismal season. Free agents would rather come to a team with young talent, such as a team with a top player like Okafor, Towns, coming in.

Agree with doc, the winning trend won't mean we've turned the corner unless we win something like 20 out of the last 25 games. Even then a lot of these end of the season games don't mean as much as before; tankers will continue tanking and playoff teams are more concerned with keeping their starters healthy for the playoffs than winning some meaningless late season games. It will only mean we lose a very valuable pick. IMO, A top pick will mean a lot more to a FA than a few wins at the end of the season.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Clarkson is a player that has a fire in him to win. We'd have to bench him or severely limit his minutes to tank. Winning games with teammates that are playing to win is part of Clarkson's progression.

We were losing with Clarkson out there and he was still developing. We won when all of our veteran journeyman got hot
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Eww positive energy.

Why can't these guys go there and embarrass themselves by losing every game by 25+ points? The audacity of these idiots to be still be playing hard this late into the season, unreal.

Don't leave!!
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

wasn't that great that everyone got free tacos? woo!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

If we lose this pick, the only thing that can make this season worse is if LeBron wins another title. Can you imagine a full summer of the media nut-huggery that is sure to ensue?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
We should have hired Phil. His disastrous attempt at trying to install the triangle would have been a godsend.

Not to mention they are in the drivers seat for a top 3 pick guaranteed....he will turn around that franchise quicker than Isiah Thomas or MDA.....
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Eww positive energy.

Why can't these guys go there and embarrass themselves by losing every game by 25+ points? The audacity of these idiots to be still be playing hard this late into the season, unreal.

Don't leave!!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

Legacy wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Legacy wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

Really? How so? If these FA's are afraid of being out-shined and/or out-paid by said young talent, then I'm not sure I would want them here to begin with.

That's not how it works imo, players want to play with other max level type guys. For instance if we draft Towns we are less attractive to star FA versus if we trade the pick to Sac for D. Cousins (just an example.) Either way we need the pick I agree with you.

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: This seasons Optimistic / Positive thread....a safe place to come among the panic here!

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Legacy wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:

That's not how it works imo, players want to play with other max level type guys.

Fair enough. I guess it would depend on the FA of course. But I see your point.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson has been the silving lining on this season if we lose the pick. He should have been a lottery pick. I'm still frustrated that we won't get to see Clarkson/Randle/Top 5 pick next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: