Karl Anthony Towns is going to be a bust, yeah I said it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Career averages predictions 14/9/2.4blks. A really good player but not no superstar caliber.

That isn't a bust.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

Dang. Where can find these 14/9/2.4 freaken' blocks busts?
Alonzo was a 17/8.5 and 2.8bpg guy. Wish we can draft a bust of that caliber with that top 5 pick.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

2nd worst thread next to the "Official Rajon Rondo Thread"

Come on now Tony, waaaaayyy to early to call him a bust lol. Especially when he's been balling
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject:

I'm not high on Towns but he will be far from a bust. If Embiid was in this years draft and he was healthy he would be the clear cut number one pick. If the Lakers end up with the 5th pick I wouldn't mind if we trade that for Embiid and the sixers mid round pick they got from Miami. Why would they do that? Because they can grab the PG they need and have Towns which I think will fit better with Nerlens. The lakers come out on top because that pairs randle with a mobile center that will lessen the burden on Randle being a traditional PF. The lakers will have two remaining first round picks they can use to fill out their roster while saving cap space because of the rookie contracts.

Let's say the Lakers got the number two pick. Towns would be a more risky pick for the Lakers opposed to the Sixers if they got the number 2 pick. The Sixers got time for all their young players to pan out.

What position we get in the draft will pave the path to the direction free agency pans out.

A front court of Okafor and Randle would be a defensive and rebounding nightmare. That thought alone scares me. Randle has to be paired up with some length.

This will be one exciting off season.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
I'm not high on Towns but he will be far from a bust. If Embiid was in this years draft and he was healthy he would be the clear cut number one pick. If the Lakers end up with the 5th pick I wouldn't mind if we trade that for Embiid and the sixers mid round pick they got from Miami. Why would they do that? Because they can grab the PG they need and have Towns which I think will fit better with Nerlens. The lakers come out on top because that pairs randle with a mobile center that will lessen the burden on Randle being a traditional PF. The lakers will have two remaining first round picks they can use to fill out their roster while saving cap space because of the rookie contracts.

Let's say the Lakers got the number two pick. Towns would be a more risky pick for the Lakers opposed to the Sixers if they got the number 2 pick. The Sixers got time for all their young players to pan out.

What position we get in the draft will pave the path to the direction free agency pans out.

A front court of Okafor and Randle would be a defensive and rebounding nightmare. That thought alone scares me. Randle has to be paired up with some length.

Doubt they'd trade Embiid.. plus we'd have two rookies coming off of major injuries. Too risky. Besides that, Phillly i s looking for a franchise player, and Embiid has a way better chance of being that guy.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:

I can tell you how I know you've been dreaming....I've been having the same dream! ...you know the only reason we dream like that is because we always start from the premise of the Lakers coming out the way we want them to right??...
fan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

Just named SEC player of the week and freshman of the year.

Coming off of a 6 block performance:

He could be the defensive anchor to complement the offensive skills that Clarkson, Randle, and TBD max FA provide.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

So....last night...
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Woat thread. Towns is going to beast in the league.

Last edited by Rivershow on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject:

This thread would get a lot more play if it was in the lounge, but, bottom line, KAT is not going to be a bust. I'd take him number one because the draft is all about potential, and he's got the potential to be a real good one.

He's not only long, he's got that streak of chippiness, intensity, and nastiness to go with the size. I admire your boldness op, as misinformed or presumptuous as you were at the time you posted this thread.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

It's almost been a month since the last post, the tournament is over. Does the OP still thinks Towns is going to be a bust?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Op was busted himself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: