Boris Nemtsov, the second most prominent Russian opposition leader, has been assassinated
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Boris Nemtsov, the second most prominent Russian opposition leader, has been assassinated

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/28/magazine/after-boris-nemtsovs-assassination-there-are-no-longer-any-limits.html

I read a book called Red Notice recently. It was about the death of Sergei Magnitsky. It's amazing how Putin is pretty much able to just do whatever he wants without any repercussions.

Imprisons and jails the country's wealthiest man while stealing all his assets, kills a journalist, kills a lawyer for an American company, imprisons an opposition leader on trumped up charges, steals billions from the Olympics, invades and annexes part of a sovereign nation...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

Putin doesn't play around. He's a seriously bad dude.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

George W. Bush wrote:
In early 2007, I called Dad and asked him if he would invite President Vladimir Putin of Russia to Walker's Point. When Putin arrived on July 1, 2007, Dad met his plane at the airport in New Hampshire and accompanied him on the helicopter ride to Walker's Point. Then he took both of us for a speedboat ride. Although initially startled by the idea of a eighty-three-year-old former President driving the boat at top speed, Putin loved the ride. (His interpreter looked like he was about to fly out the back of the boat.) The next morning, we had a long conversation about missile defense, in which we found some common ground. We then went fishing. Fittingly, Putin was the only one who caught anything.

http://www.businessinsider.com/george-w-bush-describes-going-fishing-with-putin-2014-12#ixzz3T4XMEm4b

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Bad-ass mofo. He'd make a great mafia boss in another life.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

I don't think there's anything admirable or "Bad-ass" about this.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

He's pretty much that in this life.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
rwongega wrote:

He's an ex-KGB Colonel who is the head of a major global power and is supposedly worth 40 billion dollars. Mafia bosses wish they were on his level.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/106651/vladimir-putins-favorite-bling-definitive-list

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
rwongega wrote:

He's an ex-KGB Colonel who is the head of a major global power and is supposedly worth 40 billion dollars. Mafia bosses wish they were on his level.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/106651/vladimir-putins-favorite-bling-definitive-list

Mafia bosses don't have nukes at their disposal.
Don't forget how he got rid of Alexander Litvinenko.....
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure most world leaders are scared of him. And I dont mean just in a country vs country way. I wouldn't put it past Putin to assassinate a world leader that annoyed him too much.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Pretty sure most world leaders are scared of him. And I dont mean just in a country vs country way. I wouldn't put it past Putin to assassinate a world leader that annoyed him too much.

I don't think world leaders are afraid of him... they are afraid of what putin can do to Russia and its own people. if he continues down this path it will lead to slow self destruction of Russia from within without any outside military interference from any nation
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

He's like a Bond villain on steroids.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Doesn't give back a Superbowl ring someone shows him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Got to find a Chris Kyle, pop him from 1,000 yards.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I don't think world leaders are afraid of him... they are afraid of what putin can do to Russia and its own people. if he continues down this path it will lead to slow self destruction of Russia from within without any outside military interference from any nation

I don't think it will get to that before Putin initiates his own military gambit. His country is crippled on many levels and steadily getting worse. I can't help but be reminded of Japan during WWII in this scenario. And much like Japan, I see Putin as someone who will pull the trigger before fading into oblivion.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

I don't think it will get to that before Putin initiates his own military gambit. His country is crippled on many levels and steadily getting worse. I can't help but be reminded of Japan during WWII in this scenario. And much like Japan, I see Putin as someone who will pull the trigger before fading into oblivion.

Unfortunately, whoever comes after Putin will likely be even worse. It will almost certainly be ultra-right nationalists. And then they'll plunder the country again to get *their* share of the pie. At least Putin already has his.

Hell, even someone like Navalny is a nationalist who boasted about his entire family having blond hair and blue eyes. That country is screwed for decades to come.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

I don't think there's anything admirable or "Bad-ass" about this.

Yeah, not really much of a joking matter. Lot's of talk about what to do about ISIS, and yet there's a crazy man with access to "The Button" and absolutely no scruples running one of the most powerful nations in the world.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

jodeke I don't mean to alarm you but there may or may not be a guy in a tracksuit driving a 2009 GAZ Volga dispatched to 92nd and Hoover to have some b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶s̶ words with you.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Putin, oddly enough, resonates quite well with the right-wing in this country. Ex-Commie, head of the KGB....friend of the right wing. Strange bedfellows.

Of course, the explanation is quite easy. Bush, simpleton that he was....liked Pooty-Poot, and he's been a bit of a fly in the ointment for Obama. So if he's Obama's enemy, then the right wing will love him.

Of course, the American right wing has a long and sordid history of propping up tyrants, gangsters and thugs the world over. So a guy like Putin would ring some bells with the "Might is Right" raison d'etre that is so respected in right wing war mongering/profiteering circles.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Putin, oddly enough, resonates quite well with the right-wing in this country. Ex-Commie, head of the KGB....friend of the right wing. Strange bedfellows.

Of course, the explanation is quite easy. Bush, simpleton that he was....liked Pooty-Poot, and he's been a bit of a fly in the ointment for Obama. So if he's Obama's enemy, then the right wing will love him.

Of course, the American right wing has a long and sordid history of propping up tyrants, gangsters and thugs the world over. So a guy like Putin would ring some bells with the "Might is Right" raison d'etre that is so respected in right wing war mongering/profiteering circles.

Actually. After much more reading I found out that Putin invaded Ukraine because Ukraine wanted to be a part of NATO

Last edited by 999 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

jodeke I don't mean to alarm you but there may or may not be a guy in a tracksuit driving a 2009 GAZ Volga dispatched to 92nd and Hoover to have some b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶s̶ words with you.

He better be strapped deep, that's CRIPS hood, BLOODS right around the corner. Got homies on both sides. Strolled the hood back in the day.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to get skeptical of this Putin fellow. I think he may not be on the up and up.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden isn't sure Russian President Vladimir Putin has a soul, according to a new profile in The New Yorker.

The profile, published Monday, features Biden illustrating "his emphasis on personality as a factor in foreign affairs" by recalling a visit to Putin at the Kremlin in 2011, when Putin was Russia's prime minister.

"I had an interpreter, and when he was showing me his office I said, 'It’s amazing what capitalism will do, won’t it? A magnificent office!' And he laughed. As I turned, I was this close to him," Biden said, holding his hand close to his face. "I said, 'Mr. Prime Minister, I’m looking into your eyes, and I don’t think you have a soul.'"

The profiler, Evan Osnos, described being taken back.

"You said that?" Osnos asked.

"Absolutely, positively," Biden replied. "And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, 'We understand one another.'"

Biden sat back and exclaimed, "This is who this guy is!"

about:reader?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fjoe-biden-putin-soul-2014-7&tabId=2
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^ That's scary. Putin has the Big Red Button at his finger tips.

Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

House of Cards Russia would have a high body count.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: