Kobe Bryant's Muse premiers tonight on Showtime.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject:

Good (bleep).

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject:

Had to rewatch some of this stuff since my wife kept talking to me. That was really good stuff. Brought back alot of memories
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the quick upload, guys. The presentation was excellent.

If someone who never followed Kobe's career watched that, I would think they would have no choice but to become a fan.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject:

Kobe executed.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject:

Tks for the uploading, guys.

Watching it and liking it.
Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject:

I love this site! Thanks guys!!

Dang, that was big news!
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject:

I just realized that a lot of the teasers that were released leading up to yesterday didn't make the final cut. I'm glad because I was actually thinking the other day that they were leaking too many clips of it.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
ocho wrote:
It was a phenomenal doc. He's not only an incredibly interesting person, but he's also never been more candid. You really gain an insight into how we was molded from his adolescence, and the frankness in which he discusses the Colorado experience is very raw.

It really hit me while watching it how insanely lucky we are to have had the privilege of watching this guy.

He never directly discussed the Colorado incident/case, which kind of disappointed me because I thought he would have been more direct about it since the court room was in the trailer and all. But, I wasn't surprised he didn't directly discuss it. However, rather than discussing the incident/case he talked about how it impacted his family, which was extremely unKobe-like. He really opened up there and the fact that it was unedited made it even better. I also really loved the Vanessa tidbits.

I've watched it twice to really soak it in. Was a much needed experience with all the talk of tanking, draft picks, and uncertainty currently happening around this team. Kobe has always been the rock of this team (for me because I wasn't even born during Magic's day). Whenever that guy was on the court I always felt like the Lakers could win, even if logic didn't support that. All this made it even tougher to see him struggle this year.

Here's to him playing like he did after coming back from that week hiatus and here's to a healthy Kobe as well. I know logically him winning it for the Lakers one more time seems unlikely, but I can't and will never write him off. I truly believe it can happen, even if everything points the other way.

My theory on why he didn't go into details of Colorado is that he legally can not. The plea bargain may have been to silence all discussions, payout and no more talk would come from either side. One of those legal things in our country that drives me up the wall. Plea bargains always make you look guilty even if you are not. And in a sexual assault case, if the woman takes money, it makes her story not as viable. No one wins, AGAIN, but the stinking, scumbag lawyers.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
I just realized that a lot of the teasers that were released leading up to yesterday didn't make the final cut. I'm glad because I was actually thinking the other day that they were leaking too many clips of it.

best way to avoid teasers is just that, avoid them. All these Star Wars and Avengers tidbits that show up on the yahoo main page, I do not click on them, I do not read anything on them. If a trailer comes up, you watch a trailer and you get an idea and that's usually it. But all the insider info will delve into more and it will ruin the experience.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
(bleep) everytime I see him going down (achilles) and getting back up and shooting the FT's to tie the game, it just reminds me how great this guy is

That (bleep) golden state game man. Hurts.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Just watched it. This man is truly inspiring, once he hangs it up this League, the Lakers, and myself will never be the same. After he retires I might lose all interest in the NBA.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

wbdthagreat wrote:
Without the spammy ads

Kobe Bryant's Muse | Full Documentary

http://www.lakersspin.com/2015/03/kobe-bryants-muse-full-documentary.html?spref=tw

Tried to watch it from this link but it freezes every few seconds and doesn't become unfrozen for a minute or so each time. Gave up after watching the first 20 seconds or so. Must be thousands of Lakers fans trying to watch at the same time. Might have to check out getting Showtime just to watch it....
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
wbdthagreat wrote:
Without the spammy ads

http://www.lakersspin.com/2015/03/kobe-bryants-muse-full-documentary.html?spref=tw

Tried to watch it from this link but it freezes every few seconds and doesn't become unfrozen for a minute or so each time. Gave up after watching the first 20 seconds or so. Must be thousands of Lakers fans trying to watch at the same time. Might have to check out getting Showtime just to watch it....

HD

https://vimeo.com/120921248
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
wbdthagreat wrote:
Without the spammy ads

HD

Thanks, this is playing smoothly!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Really good glimpse into Kobe's mindset, which I love. Great documentary. I think he mentioned making more of them, so I hope he does.
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
wbdthagreat wrote:
Without the spammy ads

HD

Thanks, this is playing smoothly!

Yup. Props to somebody who spent all night uploading it to Vimeo from Reddit.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Potato-Mania wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wow. 50 minutes in kobe drops a bombshell.

What is the bombshell??

Not going to post the spoilers. Lessens the impact. It's very personal though.

Not really a bombshell. For those who have followed kobe closely thoughout the years it has been reported before.

Back to the documentary, wow pretty amazing candid raw stuff. Blows that spike lee crap out of the water.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
kobe525z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject:

"Who determines when it's up for you? When we say this cannot be accomplished this cannot be done, then we are short changing ourselves".

Awesome documentary, beyond just basketball I have always enjoyed any insight into what makes highly successful people tick. I believe there's still a few great moments left to be written in what has already been a legendary career. I truly hope the Lakers front office can put together some semblance of a winning team so we can see Kobe go out the way he deserves.
ziggyncali
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject:

I haven't watched all of it but from what I have seen it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I thought it would be more like a documentary, but from what I seen so far its just a camera in Kobe's face interviewing him. It was interesting to see they actually have video of the first time Kobe met his wife, that was cool.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

Amazing. I dont even know what else to say. Its just amazing.

Kobe is a Laker. let that sink in for a bit.. A LAKER

side note: I couldnt muster the courage to see the 2008 Finals scenes. Hurt too much.

Personally, I hope kobe comes back one more year and he can be in the playoffs for his last time. THAT would be fitting for a legend.
lugo175
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

FO needs to get this TEAM back into playoff form
they wasted his good years with smush parker and Kwame brown, and after burned him out with DANTONI's crap
cmon
jimmy put that cocktail down and get to work
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

i enjoyed it via the links provided (thanks)...i was also listening to local la radio shows and one in partiuclar were saying that it was all about kobe (duh) and they wanted more personal insight...well damn, if the man said how his wife miscarried due to his rape allegation (in his opinion) what more do you want, obviously he cant talk about the psecifics of the case but give me a break. They also wanted to know more about his beef with his mom about the merchandise...lol...basically they wanted to know what they wanted to know and brushed aside what they didnt...flip flop la media
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Actually I would like to know about the merchandise drama with his mom.

BTW were his parents mentioned at all?
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Watched it last night, It just ended abruptly for me. Didnt really finish off the story

But what there was of it, It made for good showing. I enjoyed it
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Great video! Inspiring insights on what it takes to be successful. He gives us a glimpse into his mindset. The sacrifices that are needed to be the best you can be. That he was a Lakers fan from his childhood. Awesome stuff!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: