OFFICIAL JABARI BROWN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject:

I am rooting for Jabari Brown. I Googled him and I see he is listed as 6'5". That's a pretty good size for a SG. Would you consider him athletic? Would you consider him a deadeye type shooter? Or more a scorer (lower percentage shooter like NYoung).

Do you think they could get rid of Ellington who may be seeking a bigger contract and sign Jabari for cheap next season?

I know Ellington has had a tough year but there's something about his game that I don't like. I don't know if it is that it takes him like 5 or 6 bricks before he starts to hit his shots later in the game or that he doesn't pass the ball to Jordan Clarkson, or that he has to dribble around so much before he can get his shot off....I also don't like that he brings the ball up some times (and then doesn't pass to Clarkson), shouldn't the PG bring the ball up most of the time?

Could he be a good young building block to go along with Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, Black and the top 5 pick? Maybe a shooting spark off the bench?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Given Young has contract, he'll be a hard sell during the off season. Lakers could pick up another guard with a Pick or a FA.

Then with so many guards, will the Lakers keep Brown or Ellington?

Brown will probably be cheaper.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I am rooting for Jabari Brown. I Googled him and I see he is listed as 6'5". That's a pretty good size for a SG. Would you consider him athletic? Would you consider him a deadeye type shooter? Or more a scorer (lower percentage shooter like NYoung).

Do you think they could get rid of Ellington who may be seeking a bigger contract and sign Jabari for cheap next season?

He's a little undersized for a 2 IMO, he's the same height as Lin according to Draft Express. I'd prefer to have an SG Harden/Kobe/Wade sized myself (only a slight difference but those small things add up in the NBA).
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

He's a little undersized for a 2 IMO, he's the same height as Lin according to Draft Express. I'd prefer to have an SG Harden/Kobe/Wade sized myself (only a slight difference but those small things add up in the NBA).

So are you saying Jabari is not really 6'5" as listed? James Harden is listed as 6'5" also. [url=http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/201935/][/url]

DWade is listed at 6'4". [url=https://www.google.com/#safe=active&q=dwayne+wade][/url]
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

Would keep Jabari Brown going forward, particularly if Young is gonna miss the season if there's greater damage that has been done to his knee.

Brown will also likely be cheaper to keep than Ellington who has played himself into a bigger role.

So I think we should keep Jabari Brown for the rest of the year and have a team option on the 2nd year.
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

could he be our wes mathews?

we need shooters like him around randle and I like his tenacity on defense.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Good game from him. I had simply crossed him off as "D-league garbage" when we first signed him, but I definitely wouldn't mind giving him another 10 days and going from there.

Why did you cross him off as "D-League garbage" at first? He was the best scorer in all the D-League with a 50 pt game and a 48 pt. game and over 24 pt. per game average ...and is a 85% free throw shooter.

Yeah, that was pretty unfair of me. To be honest, the only reason I had that line of thinking was because I don't value the D-league that much. We've seen many players jump to the NBA from the D-league after playing really well there, and not have much of an impact, if any at all. Then again, after what Hassan Whiteside's been doing since he entered the NBA after spending some time in the D-league, it was wrong of me to consider it worthless like I had done. Looking forward to seeing Jabari develop more.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Scott thinks he's a keeper...

Quote:
“He is one of those guys next year who will belong in this league,” Scott said. “He guards people and is a tough kid. Offensively, he takes what you give him. He makes good decisions too, which is important. So I think he has a place in this league.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/03/16/lakers-byron-scott-argues-jabari-brown-belongs-in-the-nba/
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

laserboy wrote:

Quote:
“He is one of those guys next year who will belong in this league,” Scott said. “He guards people and is a tough kid. Offensively, he takes what you give him. He makes good decisions too, which is important. So I think he has a place in this league.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2015/03/16/lakers-byron-scott-argues-jabari-brown-belongs-in-the-nba/

Scott said that in the post game interview yesterday. You and I took it differently. He said next year he'll belong in the league "with some team". That sounded to me like we aren't considering locking him up now...which we could do cheaply.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
laserboy wrote:

Quote:

Scott said that in the post game interview yesterday. You and I took it differently. He said next year he'll belong in the league "with some team". That sounded to me like we aren't considering locking him up now...which we could do cheaply.

Think you're the only one reading it like that. I see nothing but positive things. He's a keeper in my book, we'll see if the FO feels the same way.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
laserboy wrote:

Quote:

Scott doesn't make personnel decisions. So you should see that comment as a hedge just in case the Lakers decide not to keep brown. I think they will though.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
laserboy wrote:

Quote:

Think you're the only one reading it like that. I see nothing but positive things. He's a keeper in my book, we'll see if the FO feels the same way.

I do want to keep him! I wasn't happy when BS said that after yesterday's game. I hope the decision isn't up to BS anyway.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Scott cant guarantee anything regarding our roster, mitch is the gm so..
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

This thread is funny to me because it helps prove how fickle Lakers fans are. I rooted for Brown in pre season after noticing he was Wisconsin's leading scorer, even ahead of Jordan last season. In what little we could see of practices, I watched him nail running 1 handers from above the f/t line and a couple other shots that helped his scrub team win head to head matchups with hand picked squads. Then during pre season he couldn't get off the bench, but as soon as he did he'd drill a 3 point shot. With No room for an extra guard on the roster Scott removed him quickly and fans referred to him as a scrub in need of getting cut. Suddenly, he's got great potential. Fans. Lakers fans.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

This guy looks high as (bleep) on his post game interview
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
This thread is funny to me because it helps prove how fickle Lakers fans are. I rooted for Brown in pre season after noticing he was Wisconsin's leading scorer, even ahead of Jordan last season. In what little we could see of practices, I watched him nail running 1 handers from above the f/t line and a couple other shots that helped his scrub team win head to head matchups with hand picked squads. Then during pre season he couldn't get off the bench, but as soon as he did he'd drill a 3 point shot. With No room for an extra guard on the roster Scott removed him quickly and fans referred to him as a scrub in need of getting cut. Suddenly, he's got great potential. Fans. Lakers fans.

I wanted Brown on the team since preseason. I was constantly rooting for him and I actually thought that he is a better scorer than Clarkson. I know you're not talking about me.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

I wanted Brown on the team since preseason. I was constantly rooting for him and I actually thought that he is a better scorer than Clarkson. I know you're not talking about me.
who has more potential? Brown or Jamaal Franklin?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

They both have potential but I like Brown more.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Franklin... Better defense
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

I wish we had Brown, Roscoe Smith and J Franklin here to see which to keep (Blue is good, too).

I wonder if we'll give Brown a 2nd 10 day or switch him for Smith or Franklin....but we could lose Brown letting him go. We could get a second exception to have 17 players which would allow us to bring either Franklin or Smith with Brown but that'd hurt the tank.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

I'm not happy that Jabari didn't get many touches last night. He was open but Lin wouldn't pass it to him......the usual dribble around till his defender got bored then drive to the basket.

Side question: Do you think it's better to have a PG who distributes the ball first or a PG who looks for his own shot first? I want Jeremy to pass the ball to the guys who can make open shots.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I'm not happy that Jabari didn't get many touches last night. He was open but Lin wouldn't pass it to him......the usual dribble around till his defender got bored then drive to the basket.

Side question: Do you think it's better to have a PG who distributes the ball first or a PG who looks for his own shot first? I want Jeremy to pass the ball to the guys who can make open shots.

It's good to have a PG who looks for ways to attack the basket- either by himself or with a roll man- especially on this team which doesn't have any other way of getting inside shots.

I do think his decision making needs some improvement in that he can pass out earlier or pull everything back when the openings aren't there.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/10/25/lakers-waive-wrong-player-jabari-brown-video/

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/10/25/lakers-waive-wrong-player-jabari-brown-video/

Yeah it made no sense why the lakers didn't bring Brown onto the regular season team. Brown is a great shooter, and he imo will be a keeper down the line. So please lakers FO don't waive him twice.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Maybe he will be our version of Gary Neal ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17
Jump to: