OFFICIAL JABARI BROWN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the Lakers should more hometown guys since play their butts off playing for their hometowns.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Jabari is making "Wellington" become more & more expendable.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

He could end up being a Wes Matthews type player.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I was very proud of him taking over for JC yesterday.
Very impressed!!
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else get annoyed with Stu when he said his game didn't mean anything because it was a blowout?

Blowout or not it was an impressive performance.

Stu used to my favorite commentator, but now I sometimes have to mute the tv.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

He's right....it didn't mean anything.... A lot of mediocre players have good game....most of u are too young to know but the Nets once had a player named Bubbles Hawkins who was tearing up the league the second half of one year...they brought him back the next year and released him during the year. Jabari Brown would be a decent back up to a back up.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
He's right....it didn't mean anything.... A lot of mediocre players have good game....most of u are too young to know but the Nets once had a player named Bubbles Hawkins who was tearing up the league the second half of one year...they brought him back the next year and released him during the year. Jabari Brown would be a decent back up to a back up.

Nice story, but that doesn't mean Brown can't be a good player for us. Saying he's a backup to a backup is incredibly ignorant. It's too early to tell, but so far he's shown a good ability to finish at the rim especially in traffic, and a nice jumpshot.

If he keeps working on his game he can be a quality player off the bench.

Last edited by Lakers2015 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

What part of Brown's game makes you say that? It's not like he is living off his athleticism, he is a good 3pt shooter and is good at getting to the rim and getting free throws. That sounds like a good sg backup to me at the very least.

Brown is also not selfish with the ball like Ellington was. Give me Brown over Ellington next season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
King Randle wrote:

What part of Brown's game makes you say that? It's not like he is living off his athleticism, he is a good 3pt shooter and is good at getting to the rim and getting free throws. That sounds like a good sg backup to me at the very least.

Brown is also not selfish with the ball like Ellington was. Give me Brown over Ellington next season.

Quote:
Jabari is making "Wellington" become more & more expendable.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Anyone else get annoyed with Stu when he said his game didn't mean anything because it was a blowout?

Yep.

Poor Brown got no love for his great game last night filling in for JC. BS was too busy saying over & over how disappointed he was with everyone after the game to even mention Brown's good game!!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:

Stu is awful but I agree with him this time. Putting up numbers on bad teams doesn't mean a whole lot. It's why I think people need to be a little more cautious about labeling Clarkson as the savior.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Stu is awful but I agree with him this time. Putting up numbers on bad teams doesn't mean a whole lot. It's why I think people need to be a little more cautious about labeling Clarkson as the savior.

I don't I've seen anyone call Clarkson a savior. Randle isn't a savior either. They are pieces of potential to bring this team back to championship contention.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I agree, much rather take Brown than Ellington.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Nobody has labeled him a savior. People just recognize the kid's skill set and there's no reason that with that he can't be a really good player for a long time.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Nobody has labeled him a savior. People just recognize the kid's skill set and there's no reason that with that he can't be a really good player for a long time.

I don't know, a lot of people have been calling him an allstar and already have him penned in as the Lakers PG for years to come.

He has proven he can compete in the league so that already makes him a steal considering he is a second rounder but I am just not seeing what other people seem to be seeing. What separates him from a guy like Jordan Farmar? I see both as capable guards without a true standout skill that makes them a starter, much less an allstar. We will wait and see.
stojan1993
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

I don't know, a lot of people have been calling him an allstar and already have him penned in as the Lakers PG for years to come.

He has proven he can compete in the league so that already makes him a steal considering he is a second rounder but I am just not seeing what other people seem to be seeing. What separates him from a guy like Jordan Farmar? I see both as capable guards without a true standout skill that makes them a starter, much less an allstar. We will wait and see.

Tough to have a true standout skill in your first year in the league, what separates them is that clarkson is a much better player than farmar ever was.

I agree that its too early to lay our hopes in a rookie playing well on a 21win team but after these last two horrible seasons some optimism about our young players is expected. Not much else going for us.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

I think the primary difference between those two players, is that JC's rookie season mirrors Farmar's career best season.

The other thing that stands out to me with JC, is his assist to turnover ratio of 2.2 (even more impressive on a bad team, IMO) as a rookie. That indicates a heady player to me.

I can't think of many point guard that shoot efficiently from the field 45%+ and have an AST/TO ratio better than 2. Off the top of my head, I can only think of a few players that can shoot efficiently AND take care of the ball:

CP3, Steph Curry, Jeff Teague, Kyrie Irving, Tony Parker

There may be others. I get it though, let's tempter the expectations a little, but there is a ton to be excited about here with JC.

What we just witnessed, could be his worst season for the next decade and there's a lot to be excited about there.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Farmar isn't even in the league anymore.

Clarkson has a more consistent jump shot, better playmaking skills, takes care of the ball better, gets to the line more, better in transition, better in between game, and gets to the basket much more consistently.

He has the potential to be an All Star point guard if he continues to work and improve his overall game. I don't think there's any question about that.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Clarkson has a more consistent jump shot, better playmaking skills, takes care of the ball better, gets to the line more, better in transition, better in between game, and gets to the basket much more consistently.

He has the potential to be an All Star point guard if he continues to work and improve his overall game. I don't think there's any question about that.

Farmar has been in the league for almost a decade and he was a rotational player on a couple championship teams. He isn't some scrub or anything. He's not a starting caliber PG but when he did start, he put up decent numbers. If Clarkson can have a similar career as a 2nd round pick, thats a huge success.

PG is such a deep position. Guys like Conley, Lawson, Dragic will probably never be allstars but they have been point guards for very good teams. Name the teams out there that would push their current PG out of the way so they could start Clarkson. I cant think of any. I also cant see him pushing Curry, Paul, or Westbrook off the allstar team.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Farmar has been in the league for almost a decade and he was a rotational player on a couple championship teams. He isn't some scrub or anything. He's not a starting caliber PG but when he did start, he put up decent numbers. If Clarkson can have a similar career as a 2nd round pick, thats a huge success.

PG is such a deep position. Guys like Conley, Lawson, Dragic will probably never be allstars but they have been point guards for very good teams. Name the teams out there that would push their current PG out of the way so they could start Clarkson. I cant think of any. I also cant see him pushing Curry, Paul, or Westbrook off the allstar team.

The Lakers didn't even want to start him, but when they did, they saw him do things nobody thought he was capable of doing, including me. It's not hard to take the best veteran guard names in the game and then proclaim that their teams wouldn't start Clarkson over them. It's a reasonable expectation that because Clarkson was far better at the end of the year than he was in summer league, in camp, and in the early season, he will be better next year after an exit interview that will detail expectations of what he should work on for the next 5 months. I'll be happy to have an improved Clarkson back, one who plays defense,, is young, and hasn't reached his ceiling as opposed to someone like Dragic, Lawson, or others who have never won anything in this league.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

Bump

Bit redundant now with Lou Williams, no ?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

He shot 37% from 3-point land, and in 29 minutes a game. His true shooting % was a solid .547. He absolutely should be brought back for his measly 845K salary as one of the last guys on the bench. He doesn't even have to be in the rotation, but at least, at 22, he has possible upside as a bench stash, which is more than I can say for Wes Johnson and Wayne Ellington, who are guys that we basically know are end-of-roster fodder.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject:

Is Lou Williams a PG or just more of an undersized SG? If he is a point/combo then we won't need Jabari Brown with Williams, Clarkson, and our big #2 pick...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Is Lou Williams a PG or just more of an undersized SG? If he is a point/combo then we won't need Jabari Brown with Williams, Clarkson, and our big #2 pick...

He is a combo

All our guards are

Clarkson, Russell, JBrown, and Lou Williams (though he doesn't pass much so really Lou Williams is more of a 2, but he's only 6'1 so he plays the 1...)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Bump

Bit redundant now with Lou Williams, no ?

Lou Williams as the Backup 1
Jabari Brown as the Backup 2
Nick Young as the Backup 3

Boom ^_^
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17
Jump to: