OFFICIAL JABARI BROWN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

JB is Working on his game

Jabari Brown DROPS 50 at the San Francisco Bay Area Pro-Am Summer Basketball League

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LA-Lakers-World/147523085260715?fref=nf
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
JB is Working on his game

Jabari Brown DROPS 50 at the San Francisco Bay Area Pro-Am Summer Basketball League

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LA-Lakers-World/147523085260715?fref=nf

He surprised a lot of people this year and with hard work, I believe he's going to do it again next season when he's finally afforded the opportunity.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

Jabari is an ok player on a bad team, but once this team starts contending, he won't be seeing the floor.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

He's an undersized scorer who doesn't really do enough in any other part of the game that separates him from any other generic wing player

Him making the team and getting minutes will depend entirely on the health of other players. If at some point in the season he is playing significant minutes for us then most likely it's not because he is doing well but because the team is doing bad.

(I'm happy to eat crow if I'm wrong though)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
He's an undersized scorer who doesn't really do enough in any other part of the game that separates him from any other generic wing player

Him making the team and getting minutes will depend entirely on the health of other players. If at some point in the season he is playing significant minutes for us then most likely it's not because he is doing well but because the team is doing bad.

(I'm happy to eat crow if I'm wrong though)

He'll be our 4th or 5th guard.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

Jabari Brown Has Untapped Potential

He will be a factor during training camp.

Quote:
The fact that Brown went undrafted makes him play with a chip on his shoulder. Brown has the potential to be a terrific sixth man in the NBA. He can score in a variety of ways as shown throughout his rookie year. Brown averaged 4.5 free-throw attempts a game as a rookie.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2015/09/14/los-angeles-lakers-jabari-brown-has-untapped-potential/
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Frankly I liked Jabari's game A LOT. He doesn't keep the ball in his hands. If he's open, he takes the shot. If he has a lane, he drives to the rim hard. Otherwise he swings the ball. I really hope we don't cut him just because Kelly and Sacre have guaranteed deals.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Jabrownie
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jabari is an ok player on a bad team, but once this team starts contending, he won't be seeing the floor.

Jabari is very interesting to me. I never thought much of him and the fact that he's made it this far and done as well as he has is really surprising.

He's obviously an undersized, slow-footed scorer but he's also an extremely hard worker.

So, while I agree with your assessment, I actually can't count the kid out. I think he might yet still surprise.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
Frankly I liked Jabari's game A LOT. He doesn't keep the ball in his hands. If he's open, he takes the shot. If he has a lane, he drives to the rim hard. Otherwise he swings the ball. I really hope we don't cut him just because Kelly and Sacre have guaranteed deals.
I'm big on watching the work guys put in from year to year. It's the reason it's foolish to project the same results for them that they had the year before. One video of Brown's workouts showed him practicing Curry's tricky rap around the back, cross over, step forward, step back, release from distance to get his shot off. We'll see if he's quick enough to pull it off in the NBA, but continued work on his outside shot makes this guy a necessary piece of a team. He's the same size as Clarkson, 1 inch shorter than Kobe, so criticism of him being undersized as a 6' 5" sg is over rated to me. After 1 full season out of college, and for the 1st time in his life, nothing but time to develop his game as much as possible since...April....I'm looking for great improvement from him.

I could be wrong and some of you who don't think much could be right, but I doubt it.
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fan of Jabari, I think this guy is going to surprise this season
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

I see him making the final roster. He's a gym rat and I think he will be much improved this season. Time will tell
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Rawr wrote:
I'm big on watching the work guys put in from year to year. It's the reason it's foolish to project the same results for them that they had the year before. One video of Brown's workouts showed him practicing Curry's tricky rap around the back, cross over, step forward, step back, release from distance to get his shot off. We'll see if he's quick enough to pull it off in the NBA, but continued work on his outside shot makes this guy a necessary piece of a team. He's the same size as Clarkson, 1 inch shorter than Kobe, so criticism of him being undersized as a 6' 5" sg is over rated to me. After 1 full season out of college, and for the 1st time in his life, nothing but time to develop his game as much as possible since...April....I'm looking for great improvement from him.

I could be wrong and some of you who don't think much could be right, but I doubt it.

Jabari Brown will be an asset and I hope he makes the team too. My only concern is his defense. That aspect of his game must improve for him to have a legit chance of making the team.

Even though we have a number of flashy guys that like to jack it up, Jabari actually has a higher shooting percentage from long range than them.

He could turn out to be a nice "catch and shoot" type player because his three-point shooting is solid (39% in SL, 37% regular season).
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

He should make the team hands down....
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:

"Hand down. man down" ...
Laker415
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject:

Brown has a good stroke....

Always valuable to have on a kobe team. However, someone needs to get cut eventually
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:

he should but where does he find any mins?

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Another reason why I hate the Lou signing...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Really? You prefer to see Brown getting minutes over Lou Williams? One is a legit NBA player who won 6th man of the year, while the other only got playing time because the team was trying to lose.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Really? You prefer to see Brown getting minutes over Lou Williams? One is a legit NBA player who won 6th man of the year, while the other only got playing time because the team was trying to lose.

Just think there was better ways to spend (or save $7MM). Kobe and Young can both slide down to SG (natural positions)
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Just think there was better ways to spend (or save $7MM). Kobe and Young can both slide down to SG (natural positions)

Indeed. An experienced true defencive SF would have made more sense.
Then again, maybe Lou really is that good?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Passing on a bargain deal for a good FA because of Kobe would be a horrible decision. We have no idea if Kobe is going to give us anything this season or not. Lou can distribute the ball, he brings much more value at the PG or SG position than Young ever would. There weren't better options at that price in the free agent market.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Not sure what 3 out there you mean they should have signed for 7 mil. FWIW, Kobe is much better suited to 3 thn 2 anymore. Yes, the size difference is real, but he simply can't keep up with the quick twos in the league anymore.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Passing on a bargain deal for a good FA because of Kobe would be a horrible decision. We have no idea if Kobe is going to give us anything this season or not. Lou can distribute the ball, he brings much more value at the PG or SG position than Young ever would. There weren't better options at that price in the free agent market.

Lin was had for $3MM per season and Gerald Green signed a minimum deal.

I would have much rather paid Ed Davis that $7MM and ran with this

Kobe/Young
D'Lo/Green/Brown
Clarkson/Lin/Huertas

Let Lin run that second unit and just relentlessly push tempo with Green/Young/Bass/Davis
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Kobe/Young
D'Lo/Green/Brown
Clarkson/Lin/Huertas

Let Lin run that second unit and just relentlessly push tempo with Green/Young/Bass/Davis

Green took the minimum with Miami because he knew he was going to a championship contending team and there was no way that Lin was coming back here for only three million to get more criticism from Byron and Kobe, no matter how poorly he played.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
deal wrote:

D'Angelo/Lou
Clarkson/Huertas

Kobe/Young
D'Lo/Green/Brown
Clarkson/Lin/Huertas

Green took the minimum with Miami because he knew he was going to a championship contending team and there was no way that Lin was coming back here for only three million to get more criticism from Byron and Kobe, no matter how poorly he played.

Green wanted to go where he felt he could showcase his talent. It's a Wash between LA and Miami.

Lin would have come back. There were discussions between his reps and brass but Lakers wanted to go in another direction: Lou
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17
Jump to: