LAKERS -at- HORNETS - 3-3-15 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valaker24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

valaker24 wrote:
Was at the game last night; I live near Charlotte, so I try to go to this game every year and always look forward to it.

Lin was good, but had some BAD turnovers in the 4th that were really costly. If he can cut down on those, he could be a solid contributor.

Clarkson has a chance to be very good. I liked his aggressiveness and he is not scared to take big shots even though they were falling in the 4th tonight. He had a couple of nice drives and looks quick with the ball. I dont want to compare him to Westbrook, because I do not think he will ever be that that good. But I see flashes of that in Clarksons game.

Boozer was solid.

Hill was awful other than a little stretch to start the 4th. He looked like he did not want to be there.

I don't think any one other than Lin and Clarkson have a chance to be a factor for the Lakers in the long run if they do decide to keep them. It will be interesting to see if they go point in the draft or think a Lin and Clarkson duo will suffice and they try to hold on to them.

I may be in the minority, but I think Towns from Kentucky will be a better pro than Okafor. If they go big man, that's who I want them to get.

On a side note, I am very glad we did not throw money at Lance Stephenson this offseason. He did not get much PT and looked awful when he was in there.

And yes, good stuff as always DB
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject:

Despite many Lakers missing at least one open look each in fourth quarter of yesterday's game, Lakers still shot 64% from field in Q4!:

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20150303&game=LALCHA

(Pretty impressive, though I still do think more than incremental offense, they really just needed a few key defensive stops late in game they just couldn't quite get this game. I think they got them in the Celtics and Bucks wins, but just couldn't quite get this game. e. g. Lakers exploded for 36 points in Q4 ( http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20150227&game=MILLAL ) against second best scoring defense in NBA (Milwaukee Bucks), and held them to just 21 points on 21% shooting then, too!)

Lakers look like they are running heavy spread pick and roll for Lin in crunch time of games Byron Scott really wants to win, and it is just so natural and instinctive for Lin, just like when he was with the Knicks:

Quote:
"D’Antoni and the Knicks have badly stumbled out of the starting gate and are a long way from the home stretch. They have won two straight games playing the style of basketball that D’Antoni likes, reaffirming that he can indeed coach if he has a point guard.

“It’s fun if you can draw up a play and say, ‘Hey, this just might actually work,’” D’Antoni said.

D’Antoni has taken the brunt of the criticism for the Knicks’ slow start. But he has been without a true point guard all season. Baron Davis came to the team with a herniated disk and hasn’t played. He has suffered a setback and there is no way to tell when he’ll return to practice, let alone step on the court to actually play in a game.

Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby and rookie Iman Shumpert haven’t grasped what D’Antoni wants from his point guard.

Lin, a castoff from Golden State who has flourished in the D-League, has.

“He has an attacking mentality,” D’Antoni said. “He can get in the paint and he is a point guard. You can’t explain the game all of the time and he doesn’t need you explaining it. He knows the game.”

“What Jeremy is doing is incredible because he’s moving everybody to their natural positions,” Tyson Chandler said. “The ball is moving well and the game has a flow.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jeremy-lin-ny-knicks-coach-mike-antoni-finally-finds-point-guard-run-offense-article-1.1018389

Quote:
"When Jeremy Lin comes off the pick and roll it looks natural, fluid, and that something positive is going to happen for the Knicks."

http://markmadsen.com/top-ten-reasons-why-jeremy-lin-is-dominating/

Quote:
Lin:

"Even D’Antoni wasn’t sure [Lin] could play in the NBA when he was snatched off the waiver wire in December.

D’Antoni’s assessment of Lin when he worked out for the team two years ago: He had good speed, but he couldn’t shoot, play defense or finish."

http://www.mercurynews.com/jeremy-lin/ci_20033514 & http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/sports/basketball/the-evolution-of-jeremy-lin-as-a-point-guard.html

Dragic:

"He didn’t exactly impress NBA analysts during his first few years in the league; in fact, John Hollinger once claimed Dragic was “arguably the worst player in the NBA.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/how-to-train-your-dragic-the-suns-star-talks-about-his-evolution/

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:52 am; edited 6 times in total
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

I am curious to see what BS would do to solve the 3rd quarter problem. If Lin starts he will play the first few minutes of the 3rd and then the 4th which will also give him some rest in between.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

Did anyone else catch a mic'd up MKG on the Hornets feed telling Mo Williams that he was playing good D but "they" (assuming it's the Laker PG's) were just hitting shots- he followed that by saying "They're good."
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Feels like this was a and not a

I caught the game for once, as in my area. No point in Lakers winning games now. Coming close with this bunch against a better team is a plenty noble enough effort. DB, it's OK to lose now.
cdg
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject:

What's the story with Tarik? He is good enough to be seeing more minutes.

And just watched the 4th qtr. There was a Lin TO which was cringingly bad.

Pity, as he was playing so well as well and the game was so close.

Thanks DB!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

cdg wrote:
What's the story with Tarik? He is good enough to be seeing more minutes.

And just watched the 4th qtr. There was a Lin TO which was cringingly bad.

Pity, as he was playing so well as well and the game was so close.

Thanks DB!

Sounds like Tarik may get some run after this road trip.

Yes, that TO by Lin was I think the one he was referring to that he wished he had back.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
Feels like this was a and not a

I caught the game for once, as in my area. No point in Lakers winning games now. Coming close with this bunch against a better team is a plenty noble enough effort. DB, it's OK to lose now.

Young guys get some run and do well, fans watch a competitive game...and the Lakers get the L. That's definitely a win at this point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: