maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Wayne Ellington played 42mins with 14pt (6/15), 3ast, 0stl

Jeremy Lin played 29min with 12pt (5/12), 9ast, 4stl

Is it a joke?

Whats your point. They don't even play the same positions and Wayne is the only SG available this game. Nick Young is injured and Kobe is out for the year. Lin on the other hand shares duties with Clarkson.

except that lin/clarkson are better sg than ellington.
but it doesn't matter, it's the BS system. ellington is price's replacement.

it's much better than before though. at least ellington is still young and has much higher upside than price.

Stop it.
Lin and Clarkson aren't SG's....
Please don't make dumb comparisons like that again.
Here is a depth chart.
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers

Lol...I will respect the old school mentality though. bs is a perfect match for you

Looks like somebody doesn't understand the concept of positions....but I guess that goes with the territory of these new fans....

Are you serious? Did you ever watch the suns? Or how modern nba teams play?

Please tell me how it worked out for the Suns....
oh, wait it blew up in their faces....
Dragic is gone, and so is Isiah Thomas because they were both unhappy with their roles....

I'm talking about kidd and kj suns. And they had Rex Chapman at sf. Anyways, feel free to be old school on the defined positions. no point arguing schematic.
revoldas
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject:

madddogg wrote:
revoldas wrote:
43 FT vs 17... I don't really want to blame it on the ref but the difference is just too big to ignore. If we got a few calls in our favor than the outcome would be different. But a L is a L, I'll take it.

But seriously man, we really need a legit big next season. Hill & Sacre just ain't gonna cut it. That would be my first priority come off season, since BS looks to be here for good so nothing can be done there.

We have davis and black, but black doesn't even get off the bench now.

I like Davis a lot but he is a PF not a C. From time to time when we go small and play fast pace ball he can be a temp C but that's not the norm.

Black is still a mystery to me. He simply doesn't get enough PT. I don't get why BS leave him on the bench for all these games. I mean considering how bad Sacre is. Seriously, 1 board 1 assist 4 foul 1 steal 2 TO 2 points in 16 mins? It would be damn hard for Black to put up that kind of number. In fact it would be damn hard for anyone to put up that kind of number...
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lin and Davis need to sign a combined contract like Morris Twins... they help each other tremendously... Davis is always there when Lin is driving, and Lin keeps finding Davis... Even Lin's missed layups often ended up Davis' rebound and putbacks...

Lin plays well with Davis but honestly, he plays good with a lot of bigs. Tyson Chandler with NY, on Houston Jones, Smith and Asik and sometimes Howard and on the Lakers Davis, at times Black and not bad with Boozer and Hill though they Pick and pop more than roll.

Agreed, Davis can get more points if has middle range shoot like Boozer or Hill. But he is much better under basket than them.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Whats your point. They don't even play the same positions and Wayne is the only SG available this game. Nick Young is injured and Kobe is out for the year. Lin on the other hand shares duties with Clarkson.

it's much better than before though. at least ellington is still young and has much higher upside than price.

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Lol...I will respect the old school mentality though. bs is a perfect match for you

Looks like somebody doesn't understand the concept of positions....but I guess that goes with the territory of these new fans....

Dragic is gone, and so is Isiah Thomas because they were both unhappy with their roles....

I'm talking about kidd and kj suns. And they had Rex Chapman at sf. Anyways, feel free to be old school on the defined positions. no point arguing schematic.

I rarely get in the middle of arguments but this has got to be one of the worst posts I have ever seen. How the hell did you expect him to assume you ment the Kidd-KJ Suns?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

[quote="dmorans1"]
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

I rarely get in the middle of arguments but this has got to be one of the worst posts I have ever seen. How the hell did you expect him to assume you ment the Kidd-KJ Suns?[/quote
]

He doesn't have to To get the point. We have Kelly at sf and he's talking about players having fixed positions
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

I rarely get in the middle of arguments but this has got to be one of the worst posts I have ever seen. How the hell did you expect him to assume you ment the Kidd-KJ Suns?

Tell me about it...he talks about the modern NBA so I assume he's talking about todays game....but he brings up the Suns players from the 90's....so wouldn't that be "old school"....
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Tell me about it...he talks about the modern NBA so I assume he's talking about todays game....but he brings up the Suns players from the 90's....so wouldn't that be "old school"....

but that was the lineup that started the mda small ball
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

If I were God, as Lin fan...I would pair Lin with prime Duncan.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lin and Davis need to sign a combined contract like Morris Twins... they help each other tremendously... Davis is always there when Lin is driving, and Lin keeps finding Davis... Even Lin's missed layups often ended up Davis' rebound and putbacks...

Lin plays well with Davis but honestly, he plays good with a lot of bigs. Tyson Chandler with NY, on Houston Jones, Smith and Asik and sometimes Howard and on the Lakers Davis, at times Black and not bad with Boozer and Hill though they Pick and pop more than roll.

Agreed, Davis can get more points if has middle range shoot like Boozer or Hill. But he is much better under basket than them.

To me its such a no brainer and I fail to see how BS hasn't see it all year. Even though Boozer had a pretty good percentage with his arcing shot on the pick and pop its not nearly the percentage of Davis on the p&r. We've lost way too many games by a point or two on mid-range misses by Boozer and Hill. I'd much rather see Ed Davis at the basket.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

All true, but it is fun watching the Lin-Davis pnr. I think part of it is that Davis has super quick reflexes, which helps with gathering up Lin's feeds which can sometimes be crazy fast. The other thing is that they just have really good telepathy.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

ice_cold wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

All true, but it is fun watching the Lin-Davis pnr. I think part of it is that Davis has super quick reflexes, which helps with gathering up Lin's feeds which can sometimes be crazy fast. The other thing is that they just have really good telepathy.

davis is the only big on our team (black too, but dnp-cd) that dives straight to the basket all the time.

boozer/hill/sacre usually does pick and pop
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
fafan wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

To me its such a no brainer and I fail to see how BS hasn't see it all year. Even though Boozer had a pretty good percentage with his arcing shot on the pick and pop its not nearly the percentage of Davis on the p&r. We've lost way too many games by a point or two on mid-range misses by Boozer and Hill. I'd much rather see Ed Davis at the basket.

He probably doesn't close games due to his foul shooting.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
catman2u wrote:
fafan wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:

He probably doesn't close games due to his foul shooting.

uh..seriously, are we trying to make the playoff or what? w/l are meaningless, give davis more experience at end of game situations.

but we're still developing/showcasing hill right?
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Stop this nonsense. As if you can only play the position that is set for you on the depth chart. Clarkson has played SG minutes before. THOUSANDS of players have played positions not set for them on the depth chart.

Lin 32 minutes PG
Clarkson 16 minutes PG/16 minutes SG
Ellington 32 minutes SG

It's not that hard.

BS doesn't need to kill Ellington by playing him 42 minutes.

Please don't make dumb statements like this again.
tyusedney1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Stop this nonsense. As if you can only play the position that is set for you on the depth chart. Clarkson has played SG minutes before. THOUSANDS of players have played positions not set for them on the depth chart.

Lin 32 minutes PG
Ellington 32 minutes SG

It's not that hard.

you tell it to him! haha. but seriously, going by Byron's depth chart? lmao
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject:

tyusedney1 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Lin 32 minutes PG
Ellington 32 minutes SG

It's not that hard.

you tell it to him! haha. but seriously, going by Byron's depth chart? lmao

If Ellington is the only one who can play SG, then he should be playing 48 minutes a game. Obviously, he isn't and Clarkson played SG for a few minutes. Not sure why you can't bump up these minutes more so Ellington doesn't play 42 -- unless there's some matchup issues. It's not like Ellington was on fire, he shot 40% FG.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Lin 32 minutes PG
Ellington 32 minutes SG

It's not that hard.

Ellington's natural position is as SG.
Lin and Clarkson can play as a SG but those are not their strengths.
Young is hurt and so is Kobe.
So thats why Ellington has tons of minutes while Lin doesn't because him and Clarkson both play as PG in their natural position.
I don't know what point you are trying to make. I get why you guys get defensive because of your favorite player, but man do you make mountains out of molehills.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

Stop this nonsense of Davis getting more experience and letting him end games. Sacre and Kelly should be ending games and playing extended minutes. We need to keep losing...that my friends is the most important thing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

but that was the lineup that started the mda small ball

Those guys didn't even play under MDA.
What MDA brought was the concept of 7 seconds or less. A different type of run and gun system than the previous iterations.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Lin 32 minutes PG
Ellington 32 minutes SG

It's not that hard.

So thats why Ellington has tons of minutes while Lin doesn't because him and Clarkson both play as PG in their natural position.
I don't know what point you are trying to make. I get why you guys get defensive because of your favorite player, but man do you make mountains out of molehills.

It's not defensive. It's common sense.

Your point that Ellington's natural position is SG is fine. Your point that Lin and Clarkson can play SG but those are not their strengths is also correct (though I would quibble that Clarkson isn't a true PG).

But then why not play Ellington 48 minutes as the SG? Because it's not smart to play someone that much, despite the positional appropriateness. What about 46 minutes? What about 44 minutes?

Someone was just making the argument that 42 is also too much too, relative to other players -- this is a legitimate argument. That you tried to shoot it down in a condescending, dismissive way (i.e., "Stop it" and "Please don't make dumb comparisons like that again") is annoying because it presumes that certain fans are blinded by illogical passion rather than driven by common sense.

You responded to a legitimate argument in a disproportionate way (really, the first instance of making "mountains out of molehills").

Fan-dom aside, there's no reason why anyone should be playing 42 minutes a game unless he's on fire and the game is important. Ellington was having a below average game and, given the tank, the game was not important.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
maomao wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
kastuul wrote:

Is it a joke?

Stop it.
Here is a depth chart.

Lin 32 minutes PG
Ellington 32 minutes SG

It's not that hard.

It's not defensive. It's common sense.

Your point that Ellington's natural position is SG is fine. Your point that Lin and Clarkson can play SG but those are not their strengths is also correct (though I would quibble that Clarkson isn't a true PG).

But then why not play Ellington 48 minutes as the SG? Because it's not smart to play someone that much, despite the positional appropriateness. What about 46 minutes? What about 44 minutes?

Someone was just making the argument that 42 is also too much too, relative to other players -- this is a legitimate argument. That you tried to shoot it down in a condescending, dismissive way (i.e., "Stop it" and "Please don't make dumb comparisons like that again") is annoying because it presumes that certain fans are blinded by illogical passion rather than driven by common sense.

You responded to a legitimate argument in a disproportionate way (really, the first instance of making "mountains out of molehills").

Fan-dom aside, there's no reason why anyone should be playing 42 minutes a game unless he's on fire and the game is important. Ellington was having a below average game and, given the tank, the game was not important.

Where did I say to play Ellington should play 48 minutes? Go find the quote. You won't because I never said it. But to make a stupid comparison between Ellington's minutes compared to Lin. They play different positions and circumstances happened to dictate their difference in minutes. It is what it is. But you guys try to take it as a slight.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

I didn't claim that you said Ellington should play 48 minutes.

I was making the argument that, based on your position, if Ellington is the only one who can play SG because Clarkson and Lin are PGs, then logically it stands that Ellington is the only one who can play SG and he should play 48 minutes a game.

If this sounds ridiculous, it is because it IS ridiculous. Ellington CANNOT play 48 minutes a game and Clarkson/Lin must necessarily take some SG minutes. If you accept this premise, then we're just haggling about how many SG minutes Lin/Clarkson should get. This "haggling" is fine and a legitimate argument but not worth such condescension. But "you guys" tend to respond in a kneejerk fashion anytime there is one infinitesmal iota that someone out there is faintly suggesting that Lin is being shafted.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

TANK STAT OF THE NIGHT:

* The Dynamic Dou of R. Kelly & R. Scacre combined for a grand total of 6 points, 4 rebounds, 3 turnovers and 8 fouls in 40 minutes of action! *

(-15 +/-)
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
We have to keep Sacre and Kelly starting and playing if we want to keep our pick. It's obvious they're both 2'of the most pathetic players the league has ever seen. Please BS give them more time

The Dynamic Duo!
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

pio2u................................5-2
diando..............................3-6
K0BEE 2.0.........................4-10
Don Draper.......................2-4
jlinfan...............................0-8
TDRock.............................1-4
jlinfan...............................0-8
danzag.............................1-2
eddiejonze........................0-2
chazz................................0-1
Laker Intervention.............0-1
zePokar............................0-1
Jocinetu............................0-1
joedanvan22.....................0-1
laserboy...........................0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm going to have to make a appreciation thread for jlinfan

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21
Jump to: