Non-Laker but CP3 expression is PRICELESS

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Non-Laker but CP3 expression is PRICELESS

HAHAHA ... love CP3

#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Non-Laker but CP3 expression is PRICELESS

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
HAHAHA ... love CP3

lol quite funny. i don't know what Jordan was thinking.
madddogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject:

HAHAHAHA! I think CP3 wants to come to the lakers.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

the dippers will always dip when the going gets tough, haha
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject:

He reminded me of Carlton on the Fresh Prince in that clip.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Non-Laker but CP3 expression is PRICELESS

la4win wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
HAHAHA ... love CP3

He confused the 24 second buzzer with the end of the game buzzer
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

dumbest guy in the league next to javale mcgee
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
He reminded me of Carlton on the Fresh Prince in that clip.

Singing "Sonny the Seal."
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

Am I crazy or did the game clock stop after the shot clock expired? Was there a foul/whistle or something?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

Lol cp3 even looked like he flopped.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Non-Laker but CP3 expression is PRICELESS

la4win wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
HAHAHA ... love CP3

Thinking isn't really his thing.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

And Dadre wonders why he didn't get a spot on the all star team.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

I legit don't know what happened...the Blazers looked confused, as well. Did the shot clock horn go off?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I legit don't know what happened...the Blazers looked confused, as well. Did the shot clock horn go off?

They were probably confused why DJ didn't shoot. I guess this event clinches the notion that DJ is really a defensive minded player.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

Shaqtin a fool!!

Shot clock buzzer went off and he thought it was the game buzzer. Additionally for whatever reason the game clock stopped. What a bizarre situation all around lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Shaqtin a fool!!

Shot clock buzzer went off and he thought it was the game buzzer. Additionally for whatever reason the game clock stopped. What a bizarre situation all around lol

The shot clock went off but he got the ball off before and the ball hit the rim so the clock should have kept going. The thing that gets me is you have all these players playing defense through dead balls swating shots away and now you have one holding a live ball
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
22 wrote:
Shaqtin a fool!!

The shot clock went off but he got the ball off before and the ball hit the rim so the clock should have kept going. The thing that gets me is you have all these players playing defense through dead balls swating shots away and now you have one holding a live ball

yeah it was strange. And usually players will try to shoot anyway even when the know they can't beat the buzzer.

Slightly related, does anybody remember that game against the knicks where Kobe had a buzzer beater opportunity for the win but instead passed it to Luke Walton? Luke either held or passed it right back to him and time expired. You could read Kobe's lips plain as day as he yelled "Shoot the #%$&*@# ball!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Shaqtin a fool!!

I remember that scenario happening with Shaq vs Portland in 2001. I'm an excellent driver and there are 284 toothpicks on the floor. Three minutes to Wapner. Anyway, same thing happened. Shaq had the ball right under the rim as there was something that caused all 10 guys on the floor to stop and stand still, thinking that there was a stoppage in the game, but there wasn't. Shaq nonchalantly slo-mo banked the ball at point blank with his feet flat on the ground just for something to do and the refs signaled made shot. Of course, Dunleavy, Pippen, Sheed, etc went ballistic as usual, but it was 2 pts (Lakers won by 5, RS game). Ya NEVER know...

I've committed other such snafus to memory. That embarrassing ass time all 5 Lakers, inlcuding Kobe (showing every one brainfarts from time to time), played the same Clippers team. They huddled up in the paint to strategize as the Clipps inbounded the ball and they all sprung to action only after Ginger slammed it behind their backs.

Lakers at Sports Arena, in 96. Have the game. That was back when the Lakers were good and the Clippers were feckless, sigh. A Laker shot a FT and there was a timeout. They lined up again after the timeout and BOTH teams forgot the 1st one was already shot before the commercials. The 2nd one gets missed and everyone stands there until Derek Strong (member him?) realizes it and tears ass to the rim to put it back in as everyone continued to think it was only the 1st shot. Derek ran up court laughing as the Clipps were rolling their heads in disgust.

Game at Orlando in 93 iirc. Yep, our first gm against Shaq. At the end of one quarter, Vlade got a rebound with 2 secs to go and just walked out of bounds with it on his merry way to the bench (not surprising for him). Orlando now gets a final shot and Dennis Scott or Anderson hits a trey at the buzz. Chick tore Vlad a new one. Anyone remember those nights where Vladimir didn't wanna be there? Man...he could piss off the Pope.

Lamar walking the ball in. That's often cited, but what made it even worse than people remember is that there wasn't even an opponent there to harass him. All he had to do was throw it into Smushy or whoever.

Magic once threw the pass to Drexler thinking he was a teammate. I've tried to find that game, but that was funny. He saw Clyde run up and recognized his face and threw it to him for the full-court dunk. Magic's reaction was instant DAYUM! the moment it left his hands. It was a much more innocent version of Freddy Brown throwing Georgetown's last possession of a title game to Worthy.

There were 2 different times that Van Exel unsmartly tried to run the final secs off of a game by cradling the ball and the refs called jump ball on it. We lost both gms because of it for the obvious reason (he was 2 $hort for that idea). One was that game at PHX where it unfolded like a nightmare. Chuck vs Nick at halfcourt, Chuck taps to Finley, who speeds down and hits a buzzer beater at the FT line causing Chick to call the Lakers a bunch of schoolboys!!111 Haha. That was almost worth the loss. Nick did that the prior yr at Milwaukee and we got beat by Marty Conlon after the jumpball. Chick cited that game on the PHX gm. In the Bucks situation, the cam focused on Del yelling "Why didn't he call timeout?!" at asst coach Coop, who knowingly shrugs, "I know...."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
22 wrote:
Shaqtin a fool!!

I remember that scenario happening with Shaq vs Portland in 2001. I'm an excellent driver and there are 284 toothpicks on the floor. Three minutes to Wapner. Anyway, same thing happened. Shaq had the ball right under the rim as there was something that caused all 10 guys on the floor to stop and stand still, thinking that there was a stoppage in the game, but there wasn't. Shaq nonchalantly slo-mo banked the ball at point blank with his feet flat on the ground just for something to do and the refs signaled made shot. Of course, Dunleavy, Pippen, Sheed, etc went ballistic as usual, but it was 2 pts (Lakers won by 5, RS game). Ya NEVER know...

I've committed other such snafus to memory. That embarrassing ass time all 5 Lakers, inlcuding Kobe (showing every one brainfarts from time to time), played the same Clippers team. They huddled up in the paint to strategize as the Clipps inbounded the ball and they all sprung to action only after Ginger slammed it behind their backs.

Lakers at Sports Arena, in 96. Have the game. That was back when the Lakers were good and the Clippers were feckless, sigh. A Laker shot a FT and there was a timeout. They lined up again after the timeout and BOTH teams forgot the 1st one was already shot before the commercials. The 2nd one gets missed and everyone stands there until Derek Strong (member him?) realizes it and tears ass to the rim to put it back in as everyone continued to think it was only the 1st shot. Derek ran up court laughing as the Clipps were rolling their heads in disgust.

Game at Orlando in 93 iirc. Yep, our first gm against Shaq. At the end of one quarter, Vlade got a rebound with 2 secs to go and just walked out of bounds with it on his merry way to the bench (not surprising for him). Orlando now gets a final shot and Dennis Scott or Anderson hits a trey at the buzz. Chick tore Vlad a new one. Anyone remember those nights where Vladimir didn't wanna be there? Man...he could piss off the Pope.

Lamar walking the ball in. That's often cited, but what made it even worse than people remember is that there wasn't even an opponent there to harass him. All he had to do was throw it into Smushy or whoever.

Magic once threw the pass to Drexler thinking he was a teammate. I've tried to find that game, but that was funny. He saw Clyde run up and recognized his face and threw it to him for the full-court dunk. Magic's reaction was instant DAYUM! the moment it left his hands. It was a much more innocent version of Freddy Brown throwing Georgetown's last possession of a title game to Worthy.

There were 2 different times that Van Exel unsmartly tried to run the final secs off of a game by cradling the ball and the refs called jump ball on it. We lost both gms because of it for the obvious reason (he was 2 $hort for that idea). One was that game at PHX where it unfolded like a nightmare. Chuck vs Nick at halfcourt, Chuck taps to Finley, who speeds down and hits a buzzer beater at the FT line causing Chick to call the Lakers a bunch of schoolboys!!111 Haha. That was almost worth the loss. Nick did that the prior yr at Milwaukee and we got beat by Marty Conlon after the jumpball. Chick cited that game on the PHX gm. In the Bucks situation, the cam focused on Del yelling "Why didn't he call timeout?!" at asst coach Coop, who knowingly shrugs, "I know...."

Thanks for that trip down memory lane.
Great post. Funniest one of the day by far.
I remember most, if not all those instances. Loved how Chick always called it as it was. He kept the bs to a minimum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: