We can all make a difference.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: We can all make a difference.

http://www.upworthy.com/a-customer-walked-into-his-pizza-shop-and-changed-philadelphia-with-1-and-a-single-post-it-note?c=aol1&ncid=webmail1
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: We can all make a difference.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
http://www.upworthy.com/a-customer-walked-into-his-pizza-shop-and-changed-philadelphia-with-1-and-a-single-post-it-note?c=aol1&ncid=webmail1

I'm pleased someone shared this (thanks, KBCB) ... this is a great model and one that shines a light on the capacity of any of us to help in modest ways.

As always over the past six or seven decades (and much further back, if we care to examine history), we live in a world where the beating of the military-industrial complex drums (e.g., that dangerously farcical display in DC this week) overshadows small stories like THIS ...

Thanks again, KBCB ...
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

Could it be really me pretending not to see their need?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

The latest reliable data suggests a population of almost 600,000 homeless individuals in the U.S. ...

https://www.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/2014-AHAR-Part1-508-version.pdf

But yeah, I'm totally onboard with averting our collective gaze from those suffering here on our own streets in order that we might righteously allocate our scare resources to other more important efforts.

Like, the really important ish ... you know, imposing a trumped-up mission of death, suffering, TBI and PTSD on our service members and their loved ones, not to mention civilians in foreign lands and their loved ones (oh, yeah ... and that almost insignificant, de minimis group of fighters that we manage to "bring to justice" along the way), and that sort of undertaking with real meaning ... yeah, let's definitely do more of that. It's true ... American exceptionalism really does warm the cockles of one's heart.

I can't understand why someone would feel decent in providing a moment of satiety to someone down on their luck in their own backyard when there's geopolitical shenanigans and cultural hegemony out there to work towards ... basically, just tell me what to do, Cheney and the Chicken Hawk war machine. Much easier and I can just forgo the $1 and instead send you thousands of them to support another war ...
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: We can all make a difference.

the association wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:

I'm pleased someone shared this (thanks, KBCB) ... this is a great model and one that shines a light on the capacity of any of us to help in modest ways.

As always over the past six or seven decades (and much further back, if we care to examine history), we live in a world where the beating of the military-industrial complex drums (e.g., that dangerously farcical display in DC this week) overshadows small stories like THIS ...

Thanks again, KBCB ...

Thanks TA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: